It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestle’s $624 Permit To Pump Millions Of Gallons Of Water From National Forest Sparks Protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Our good friends at Nestle, the same ones who think people have no right to water, are pumping water even though some still say the drought conditions still persist.

wearechange.org...
On Sunday, protests emerged in California regarding the 4.5-mile water pipeline Nestle has built in the San Bernardino National Forest. The protest emerges after a drought has plagued the state for over a year. As the National Drought Mitigation Center illustrates, the drought has started to reach controllable levels, yet the San Bernardino Valley still faces drought conditions.

As reported by AZcentral, one protestor said that “the water is on National Forest Service land, it belongs to all people. This is everyone is California’s water… and an international corporation is stealing it and selling back to us for billions.”

Nestle some how can work with an expired permit, for over a decade. A federal judge said its all good, because the company's predecessor inquired about a new permit and the forest service didn't answer. You try that one-have fun with the fines and jail time.

Many have pointed out that Nestle was using a permit that expired in 1988 for over a decade. A federal judge later ruled that the expired permit is still valid because the company’s predecessor had inquired about receiving a new permit, and never received a response from the Forest Service. Reports indicate that this was later reviewed by the Forest Service in 2016, and Nestle was proposed a five-year permit extension.

Nestle gets its main ingredient for $624 a year, is this the bad deal making that Trump was talking about? If not I can't imagine a deal worse for the California than this.

Nestle apparently only pays around $624 a year for the right to harvest water from the land. Regardless, it seems that no matter the legal status of Nestle’s permit to commit these actions, it will be up to the people to pressure local officials if they want Nestle’s permit revoked.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is disgusting and I for one would hope all the bleeding heart ultra left wing folks who are up in arms and protesting all the dumbest and non issue things already will take their fight to nestle. I doubt they will but I sure do hope they do.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
This is disgusting and I for one would hope all the bleeding heart ultra left wing folks who are up in arms and protesting all the dumbest and non issue things already will take their fight to nestle. I doubt they will but I sure do hope they do.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yup, water is the new oil. And our fearless leaders keep letting megacorps have it for nothing. It always makes me irate when 75% of the country has a water bill every month for miniscule personal use, but if your a billion dollar company, it's damn near free to pump vast amounts for commercial resale.

And then we have nice people like T.Boone Pickens who spent years changing laws so he could pump as much water out of the ground as he wants with disregard for others life needs.

We will be totally screwed in the near future if we don't take our country back from these megalomaniacs called government.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So, they take cheap nice clean water and stick it in plastic bottles with endocrine disruption chemistry and sell it to the people. Do these guys own medical and Pharma stock?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Kind of- they are one of the main shareholders of L'Oréal. The giant cosmetics company. And they own a small pharmaceutical company in the U.K. but I think that's for the powdered shakes they produce.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This dispicable piece of CEO in the video finds it "extreme" that people are fighting for a public right to water. He'd rather privatise the water supply...

Although I've always liked Nesquick and the bunny, I'll pass on anything NESTLE from now on.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

It is silly that someone didn't get a big assed fine for pulling a natural resource out of the ground without a permit for a decade.

Can you imagine the SH-storm that a regular taxpayer would have had if they would have pulled this kind of crap? Corps are people til it comes to nailing their butts for doing illegal stuff.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Or right wingers and people like you could get "up in arms" and protest this if you're really disgusted by it, instead of waiting for others to fight your battles for you. I doubt you will but I sure do hope you do. See how that works?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Do you find it amazing that Nestle didn't get a fine for operating with out the fake ass permit? I mean the company before them asked about it so they got out of a fine? Stinks.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Bottled water is largely a scam. I saw a generic brand of water out here that says on the package that it gets its water from a municipal water supply in a different county. Yes, municipal water supplies aka "tap water".

ETA:

I think it's a scam. I've had a personal grudge w/that CEO for a while now and even posted a similar video in a post last year (HERE). However, it simply isn't near the top of my list of priorities to fight anymore. "I've got bigger fish to fry", so to speak.
edit on 5-4-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

What's missed in this is this IS occurring all over North America. Various points in Canada where nestle gets virtually free access to drinking water. I assume similar outside North America.

All Nestle.

I was leased on to Nestle as an owner-operator in the nineties. I've been to pretty well every operation Nestle has in the U.S.. They are NOT nice people. I hold them in the same ballpark as Monsanto/Blackwater/Bayer.

The stories!!

What makes this particular story even more weird is, apparently, Nestle is moving their Corporate office out of California if the reports from a couple weeks ago are accurate.

My main point is no one else seems willing to take Nestle on. Not just California. Nestle is the largest food processor in the world with ADM following closely in second, IIRC.

They are on my wish-list for Trump to mess with.....when we get our in-house issues a little better sorted out.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Everyone should be up in arms about it. Actually I kinda like the idea of a couple church groups and some NRA types showing up first to protest. I bet it would shame the left into an even bigger turnout than usual, and it might even help bridge the red-blue divide that's making all of us so easy to exploit, you know, divide and conquer. Of course, you could also boycott nestle, or stop buying bottled water altogether, and maybe start a garden so you can afford to be more picky about the source of your food. There's a lot of ways to change the world.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
When Trump trashes the 62 govt agencies. The US will be for sale to the highest corporate bidder.

www.usatoday.com...

Don't whine if you support him.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nestle has a bad habit of doing this, also, think about this - let's say you live in your city and drink your city's water and piss it back into your city's water supply. The crops around your city "drink" water and then that water evaporates into the sky and eventually rains back down.

When Nestle comes along, they are permanently draining the city or park or whatever of water. It doesn't come back.
edit on 05pmWed, 05 Apr 2017 20:30:32 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Back in 2013 I made this ATS thread one quote from post below

It's bad enough that Nestlé former CEO—now Chairman of the Board—Peter Brabeck-Letmathe supports GMO farming, saying that genetically modified (GM) foods are "perfectly safe" and don't cause any health problems, while also saying that organic farming is "not the best. But now he's dipped his toes into the water supply, indicating that the world's water supply should—and will soon—come under the control of corporations such as Nestlé. He believes that water should be managed by businesses and governing personnel. In short, Brabeck-Letmathe wants water to be controlled, privatized and delegated, monitoring and controlling people's water use—including amounts and how and where it's used. And let's be honest . . . since Brabeck unwaveringly supports GM farming, you can bet that GM foods would have first priority of water rights, while organic farming would be forced out.

Good for Cali for stepping up to fight. The more fracking that goes on the more bottled water we buy. Clean water should be a right, not something you have to pay for. Nestle is trying to be the new Monsanto.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Nestle has been draining the Great Lakes for years so it's only logical they would go after the waters from our national forests next. They'd be draining all of our auquifers if the water barons like T. Boone Pickens and his ilk didn't beat them to it but who knows- some of them may have already sold out to them.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The thing I see is the states allow this for some reason. $600 for millions of gallons of water.

Who is getting bribed?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the protesters should be all over the politicians and judges that let them do what they want. Those are the real villains..

The elected ones are there to protect the state and have obviously not been doing their job.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh so $600 for millions of gallons of water is not getting ripped off? Seems like the regulations are doing SHIrT.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join