It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass of Merlot gives brain a work out: Drinking wine engages brain more than any other human behavi

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, counting and (used to) trying to light cigs. Always a good time seeing the filter end go up in flames.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: seasonal

Wow..thanks for that info! Might explain why my favorite moments for creating ATS threads is after the nightly glass or 2 of Merlot.

I dont drink as a rule.. I get, erm, ROWDY. I want to fight and drive.. and cant do either when Im drinking. So, I imagine me posting drunk would be a complete disaster that involves a ban and a tip to DHS cybercrimes division ...

The key is to start your thread after the first or second drink of Merlot. It might be different from person-to-person, but I'm calmer then.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I have tried every wine possible and they all taste like puke. Seriously.. rotten grape puke. I want to use my wine glasses... and all I can put in them is Dr Pepper. If I put my pinky up I feel special.

Yummy Chambord.. wonder if that would do...

It's true that wine could be an acquired taste. Try to experiment drinking a glass with a medium to sharp cheddar cheese.
I usually take a bite of medium cheddar first, then drink the wine and somehow it takes away the bite from both the cheese and wine. Before I tried that I wasn't able to drink red wine either.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

a reply to: savagediver

And super cheap.. Id been spending a fortune... holy cow! THANKS again!!

www.wine-searcher.com...

I only drink the sweet stuff , I can't vouch for their reds taste , but I bet you would like their scuppernong.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: savagediver
a reply to: Advantage

If you can get a hold of it where you are try some Duplin muscadine or their scuppernong. Some of their wines tastes exactly like your out in the woods and ran across a muscadine vine. A few taste just like muscadines , very tasty.

I'm going to put in some scuppernongs and muscadines when I quit this gig. Mom and Dad put in a lot of them on some nice trellising at the Homestead, the chickens used to roost on the trellises and eat the ones they could reach, oddly enough the dogs used to strip the vines near the ground. The inside of the trellises are high enough to walk in comfortably, the grapes inside are for the people

We put up scuppernong, muscadine, blackberry and blueberry wine for decades. I have some strawberry that is maybe 40 years old that I'm saving to culture the yeast out of - my grandparents found a wild strain that will ferment pretty high in alcohol and has a nice taste that we used ever since, just starting one bottling from the last one's lees.

We also used to crush the fruit that was overripe or had fallen and tossed them to the bees. They could see you coming with a tub and you'd be met by a cloud of hungry bees waiting for you to dump it out on the ground.

eta: I know, they're grapes, but the dogs have been eating them for their entire lives without a casualty. Why they're attractive to mutts I don't know, but they used to stand up and graze the scuppernongs and muscadines they could reach, although they couldn't care less about other fruit.
edit on 7-4-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I used to go hiking / camping around here in NC and would take my Irish setter "Red" with me. When ever we came acoss them he would sit in front of me and he liked for me to pop out the insides in his mouth. He loved em as much as your dogs. I did too. After hiking a bit and running low on water they sure were refreshing and tasty. I would love to have a set-up like you speak of. My parents had one with a grape I dont know the name of they would make jelly with. Your right about the bees, hornets and wasps. They would gorge there selfs on em and wobble mostly around on there sides drunk as could be. They would never bother you , they just wanted to get drunk. Small world this ats , you brought back memories from 28 years ago.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I Know a Lady that Drinks Merlot on a Daily Basis.
She is not the Sharpest Knife in the Drawer if you catch my Drift.

So I call B.S. on this one LOL

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Your source is the daily fail.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join