It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi Apologizes, Pulls Kendall Jenner Protest Ad After Criticism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Progressives just can't help themselves...
Want to see the most self-indulgent, neoliberal drivel you've ever seen in less than 3 minutes???
Followed by an SNL skit which actually is hilarious in the context of this ad...it's genius in fact

Link to the Pepsi Article

-Chris
edit on 5-4-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Tell me what's wrong with it.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Progressives just can't help themselves...
Want to see the most self-indulgent, neoliberal drivel you've ever seen in less than 3 minutes???
Followed by an SNL skit which actually is hilarious in the context of this ad...it's genius in fact

Link to the Pepsi Article

-Chris

These major brands just can't help themselves. I don't know why they allow themselves to get wrapped up into all these social issues. The Pepsi ad probably would have worked ok if they didn't use one of those Kartrashian hoe's, but some unknown girl.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Absolutely! The advert stinks. It is the worst visual image I have ever had to watch. It makes IS videos seems like pretty prime time TV.

I have 700 Black American friends on an old Facebook profile. Every now and then I take a peak and it is nothing like this,lol.

I bet the Black American people hated it more than I do.

I can't stand plastic people and phoney imagery. It makes me nauseous.

Tell it how it is or not at all.

edit on 5-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

How about you tell me whats right with it [from a Pepsi perspective]

-Chris
edit on 5-4-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
he Pepsi ad probably would have worked ok if they didn't use one of those Kartrashian hoe's, but some unknown girl.

So?

That's what's wrong with the video?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

-Chris

OP is the one ridiculing.

What's right about it is not mentioned.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Giving the Police a Pepsi

+39 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It grossly oversimplifies issues. The idea that "Oh hai, we can all unite and solve all our problems simply with cans of aspartame or HFCS mixed with lab created colors, flavors, and effervescent water" is not only ridiculous, but it is sort of a slap to the face of people who have lost their lives fighting for peace.

+34 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Not enough masks, pepper spray, looting, burning, beating, and blocking ambulances. It just didn't ring true to me.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Huh.

Personally, I thought it was dumb, but it actually summerized how I feel about that generation.
You have people protesting. You have some chick, famous for what? In a photo shoot. Then she joins their cause, whatever it is, in which she probably (judging by her looks in the commercial) has no idea either, then they all worship her, and she saves the day by giving a cop a pepsi, which is going to solve everything.

Cynical? Probably.

But Pepsi isn't going to save the world, and neither is that girl.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Nothing is wrong with it, and that's the problem--there is more liberal manufactured outrage about this ad, claiming that it trivializes or usurps or whatever word of the minute is used the BLM movement and other recent protests, pretending that Pepsi can fix the problems that these SJWs feel exist in our society.

It hurt the fragile feelings of these people who seem to protest for a living, and they are making a big stink of it, and Pepsi seems to have caved.

Both instances are pathetic.

The commercial itself, though--I have no issue with. I think that it actually is trying to say that just a little kindness (in this case, a free Pepsi) can help bridge the divide between sides in this effed up, divided society in which we live. I find the message itself to be refreshing, just like a real-sugar Pepsi, from time to time.

link   

he Pepsi ad probably would have worked ok if they didn't use one of those Kartrashian hoe's, but some unknown girl.

So?

Pepsi is THE 1%?

link   

Some current comments from Black America:

"ISIS released a statement saying the U.S. is being run by an idiot. Trueeee".

"The black woman is god".

"Loving your enemy is suicide".

"Is the working man a sucker?".

"White guy: Black people like to read into everything and turn it into a racial thing. Not every white guy is a racist or out to get ya!

Black guy: Reading into things? Hell, something i wish we did 400 years ago...if only we read into every smile, handshake, hug, and gesture of kindness back then, we wouldnt be in this mess today. So like a dog that now always runs from or growls at all humans because its been kicked and abused by a previous owner or two, black people have a justified paranoia. Like how most creatures feel threatened by others not like them...proven historical malace..."

"Is Harris Faulkner of Fox news a Real Black woman or just a Black woman who pretends to be a White woman?????".

It's street, it's angry, it's fascinating, but it ain't that Pepsi advert!

"I lived with them on Montague Street
In a basement down the stairs
There was music in the cafés at night
And revolution in the air".
(Bob Dylan "Tangled Up In Blue").

That's what it reads like to me. I have to say, from their point of view, they do have a point. I have been watching for many years now.

I am also inhabiting Islam, too. I go there every once in a while to check out my Arabic Amigos. Now that really is scary,lol.

I am a regular little Intelligence Agency of my own. I don't lie to do it. I even said on my Arabic Facebook who I am and they tolerate me. A weird insight it gives me. Very challenging and you start to see both sides of the argument.

edit on 5-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Not to mention that it pretends that all of these protests are worth paying attention to, also.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

-Chris

OP is the one ridiculing.

What's right about it is not mentioned.

Neither is "wrong" mentioned...
You brought that concept into this thread....
So please, tell me what's "right" about the commercial [from a Pepsi perspective]

I figured you would be happy with Pepsi censoring this ad since you're a neo-liberal fascist who wants to axe the original "huckleberry Finn" and "to kill a mockingbird" from school curriculums...

Thankfully we have liberals like you to tell us what our kids should and should not read…
Al and tipper tipper gore would be so proud to count u among their ranks…
Long live the Parents Music Resource!!!!

-Chris

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So?

I don't really have an issue with them trying to be socially conscious. Pepsi has always played second fiddle to Coke imho. They are trying to capture some that magic Coke had with their famous "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" in the 70s

It failed because using Kendall Jenner was distracting. Most people are probably like what doe this vapid reality star hoe have to with protesting some social issue? I mean you are trying to be all socially conscious and the main star of the ad is a brainless chick from a family of other brainless chicks who are famous for being skeeted on by athletes and rappers? Seriously?

I can't believe their marketing department let this ad out the door.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Arggh, someone just beat me to it.

edit on 5-4-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Pepsi is now pulling the ad but they have to consider it a huge success. The controversy over it makes it free ads for them now.

Sure the cops are holding off protestors but yet let the hot model walk right up to them. Stupidest commercial i've seen in a while.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It's just a commercial... They all suck bro.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join