It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and Weirdness near Ft. Campbell Kentucky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If you've read any of my UFO threads you've probably seen me talk about the orange fireballs my friends and I used to watch on the regular growing up as kids. To be honest, I haven't really searched for any similar sightings around that area, mainly because the area is so small and sparsely populated, and most rural people I know aren't going to run to report something weird they've seen. So I was surprised when one of the first stories I saw this morning (doing my daily weird news reading) was about an abduction experience in Clarksville, TN. I decided to search, and I was surprised with the amount of reported sightings in the area. To give you an idea of the area where all this takes place, here's a map:

As you can see it's kind of a triangle with Ft. Campbell to the west, Clarksville to the south, and Guthrie to the east. Where we used to watch the orange fireballs from is between Guthrie and Trenton. The giant triangle that was the source of my first thread here I witnessed outside of Elkton, which is to the north on the map. For the longest time I've thought something was weird about the entire area. It's where Edgar Cayce is from, it's the site of the famous Kelly-Hopkinsville alien encounter from the 1950's, the whole Bell Witch thing took place in Adams, and me and most everyone I know have seen something strange at one time or another. From UFO's to Bigfoot, I even know a few people who claim to have seen a Dogman around there. The UFO's are the only thing I've seen myself, but I keep an open mind. Here's a list of links I made of weirdness around the area, some are MUFON reports and others are general information I found:

My triangle sighting outside of Elkton

Another large craft sighted in Elkton

A small black sphere sighting

Orb flies next to Military helicopter

Another Orb sighted flying next to an airplane

Black triangle sighting

UFO comes out of Portal

A map that shows sightings around the area

The Kelly-Hopkinsville Encounter

My (Maybe?) Alien Encounter

A Long story about a Dogman killing some campers

A list of Bigfoot sightings around the area

The Bell Witch

There's a lot more UFO sightings if you search for Clarksville, TN or the surrounding cities on the MUFON search page. I only included some of the more interesting ones here. I feel now more than ever there is something weird going on around there. I first read The Hunt for the Skinwalker last year, and it was uncanny how similar a lot of the experiences I've had and heard about from friends and family mirror what happens in that book. The entire area almost seems like a larger version of that, so many different strange things. It would seem weird to me if they weren't all related somehow. But, who knows. I'd love to hear if anyone else is from the area or has sighted anything around there. I'll update this thread with any new information or sightings I find.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I thought we would have extraterrestrial confirmation by now. It's taking forever.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

We've probably had a lot of sightings in Texas as well, but I get the impression from friends and acquaintances who've actually witnessed UFO's that no one bothers to report them anymore.

I don't know why, but when I asked, one guy said, "who am I going to report them too? The cops just laugh." I guess they haven't heard of the UFO reporting center or MUFON.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I live north of that area, but in the same general geographic location: the Ozark mountain region, which reaches just short of the Missouri River and Alton, IL.
Those are old old hills and sinks. Plenty of hiding places. The legandary Piasa bird was able to live in the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi in Alton.
I assume that the region is just a great place to exist without observation. Whether alien, human or cryptozoological, it is nice to be able to have a safe place. These old mountains are that.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

We had crop circles and sightings about 15 years ago in Granite City, IL and the region. The local news interviewed the police, who acknowledged it all. Then that was it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ha...I used to live on Fort Campbell and in Clarksville for about 10 years (early '02 through late Christmas '11). I do find this stuff interesting.

My wife used to live in Hopkinsville, I went to APSU, all of that fun stuff. Thanks for the links--it's all interesting to read about. Too bad I never witnessed anything, although I did get to fly the Blackhawk simulator, rappel down the Air Assault tower, and do a tandem skydive out of a Blackhawk (with the skydive team). Some of the perks from having worked at the Fort Campbell Courier for a short while.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Ha...I used to live on Fort Campbell and in Clarksville for about 10 years (early '02 through late Christmas '11). I do find this stuff interesting.

My wife used to live in Hopkinsville, I went to APSU, all of that fun stuff. Thanks for the links--it's all interesting to read about. Too bad I never witnessed anything, although I did get to fly the Blackhawk simulator, rappel down the Air Assault tower, and do a tandem skydive out of a Blackhawk (with the skydive team). Some of the perks from having worked at the Fort Campbell Courier for a short while.

Small world! Thanks for commenting. I've always thought the huge military presence there might have a lot to do with some of the general strangeness of the area. It's crazy someone actually knows where I'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

We've probably had a lot of sightings in Texas as well, but I get the impression from friends and acquaintances who've actually witnessed UFO's that no one bothers to report them anymore.

I don't know why, but when I asked, one guy said, "who am I going to report them too? The cops just laugh." I guess they haven't heard of the UFO reporting center or MUFON.

A part of me believes almost everyone see's something strange at one time or another, but most people just go on with life and try not to think about it. I've seen that happen with people I've seen things with. To a lot of people, it seems to not mean that much, while others are sent down the rabbit hole after one sighting.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yea, you're probably correct.

I think it has to do with a lot of cultural change in the US. Back in the 1950's my grandmother and mother saw UFO's over Dallas, TX. Many people did..........the cops and newspapers were inundated with calls and the story made the papers.

But, back then, people trusted cops and the newspapers; they were friendlier, knew their neighbors, socialized a lot more, belonged to social organizations and bowling leagues and had friends at church.

Today, no one trusts ANYTHING, or ANYONE, they certainly don't trust the cops or the media, they avoid their neighbors, Kiwanis is a memory and the bowling alleys are gone while the churches stand empty.

So, like my friend said..........."Who you gonna tell?"

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Another one that's strange..

I had previously posted about four lights in a triangular shape sometime in November. This evenings sighting was much different than the last and much longer. My husband began loading his car with laundry baskets, when I hear him call my name and come see "them" again. I am sure it is highly unlikely to see UFO's more than once but it seems to be a re-occurring theme here in Clarksville.

I went outside and saw a slow moving fireball type aircraft in the sky with the occasional firework going up. It seemed as if though during this time we saw this light everyone paused their fireworks. After a minute or two the fireball type aircraft completely vanished in the night sky. We thought that must be it this time but then another appeared from the western treeline moving towards Oak Grove, KY, (we are fairly close to Oak Grove, KY, and our house is situated northerly). This second fireball type aircraft made no noise whatsoever as did the first. We then saw a! plane flying towards into the direction of the UFO. The plane made noises as a plane would but the UFO was completely silent.

The UFO rose into the sky in a eastern direction. Then a third came from the exact spot as this one had and at this moment the second UFO vanished without a trace. The third UFO did as the second had and followed the same flight path. And just as the second had vanished when the third appeared so did this third when a fourth fireball aircraft appeared from the same exact spot. The fourth UFO followed the same flight path as the previous three had. It was during this time a plane had circled around into the direction of these UFO's. All during this time you can clearly hear the sounds from the plane and still no sound from the UFO's.

Also, while the fourth had followed the same flight path as the previous, a helicopter coming from the eastern sky began flying towards the direction of where the UFO's were appearing in the western sky. Unlike the plane, the helicopter did not reach in time before the fourth vanished. We waited for a fifth UFO but that was it. No more appeared. It seemed so for our neighbors as well because after this "show" of UFO's ended, the neighbors began lighting their fireworks more so than during the appearance of the UFO's.

This is becoming more unsettling, here in Clarksville. We do live near a military post, and everyday you can see small planes and helicopters flying over head. We are used to it, of course. We have lived here for 10 years but these occurrences are much different than seeing planes and helicopters flying over head. If there are others here in town seeing these same objects, please don't be embarrassed to post because you are not alone in these experiences.

www.nuforc.org...

edit on 5-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

very true and astute observations. Plus throw in the stigma of reporting a ufo, and this will bar some people from reporting whatever it is they saw. There is a real bad stigma for Airline/Military Pilots, and Astronauts. They fear reprisals or perhaps being described as having something wrong with them. Thats really sad. If you don't believe me about Astronaut sightings just peruse the many threads on the topics here and note you can always count on certain members to try to disprove what the Astronaut may have seen. Sad IMO.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Is there any talk of bases in the area besides fort cambell?
Any buzz about underground instillation's?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I never thought to report my first sighting, though in retrospect I definitely should have, because they were amber lights flying in formation at high altitude from mexico along the Texas coast, which really could have been foreign military. The second UFO sighting was directly over my house and very low altitude, it absolutely terrified me. When my roommate woke up at 6 anx found me too scared to sleep, sitting on the couch, he told me to report it (after getting pissy that I didn't wake him up to see it lol). I called the cops and told them it had happened 3 hours before so there was no point looking for it, but even still, a cop drove by within 3 minutes. That actually made me feel a lot better. I also reported it to mufon. So I don't think most people report them, but I do think you should. Worst case scenario, the dispatcher thinks you're a nut. So who cares? I honestly think the dispatcher I talked to was happy to get a weird call where nobody was hurt and nothing was on fire lol

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I thought we would have extraterrestrial confirmation by now. It's taking forever.

Maybe there's a clue there.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

it has been a teaser all along didn't you know?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
Is there any talk of bases in the area besides fort cambell?
Any buzz about underground instillation's?

Not that I've heard of, but who knows. The whole area is known for limestone caves, some of which are pretty big.

new topics

top topics

join