It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Bannon Removed From National Security Council Role in Shakeup

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I kind of agree, not quite so sure the family having such influence would sit that comfortably with me most of the time and if Hilary was in the WH and her daughter was thought to be advising her then I know some people on ATS would have a lot to say about that! But I suppose these aren't normal times so who knows, maybe this will turn out to be a positive step.

I don't anticipate much of Trump's tenure being "positive" at all, but I guess once the chips fall at least there might be improved oversight by the people who pay these yahoos ---

which is WE THE PEOPLE.

For too long now people are just too damn busy and overwhelmed with the business of living to pay much attention to all this stuff. I know for me, it was all peripheral noise -- I never paid much attention, feeling it was beyond me to do anything about it. Now I am busy communicating with my Congressmen (yep, all men. all white men), and watching this stuff.

When it was Trump raving about Obama's citizenship, he was just a celebrity shooting off his ignorant mouth and parroting Alex Jones and Fox News disinformation. Now he's POTUS? A non-sequitor if ever there was one.

FOX "NEWS" is not even really serious about journalism. Ailes himself has said it is 'entertainment' competing for audiences who frequent ESPN, TNT, (and presumably, Infowars). In any case, it's proclamations should NOT be driving the actions and beliefs of the person(s) running the country. It should be destroyed. Same with Infowars. Both should be shut down for egregious propaganda, inciting violence, promoting ignorance, and causing divisiveness amongst us. In the big picture, they are both blemishes on America's legitimacy. It's a real shame....

because they really are "very fake news." When Trump goes down, they will go down with him, and that can't happen too soon, in my opinion. They are poisoning us. They are the roots of the problems. People who willfully lie and exaggerate and invent non-existent crap like pizzashop pedophilia and hired actors to simulate a school massacre ---- that is INSANE.

People saying that Agenda 21 is going to eventually lead to some Walking Dead-level global disaster and usher in the Apocalypse after forcing everyone to take "the Mark of the Beast" - ridiculous, and should be corrected immediately ---- people saying it and being taken seriously? Disaster.

Welcome to the 21st century.
edit on 4/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: newscorpse.com is worth a look. FOX is toxic.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

I do not recall.

One wonders if it wasn't reported by the media ... seems most likely.

Thanks, LM.

It was a statement from Bannon that was reported by the media, yes. It was first-hand account from a party involved. Thanks, Gryphon.

Oh you're welcome LM.

Just goes to show that some folks trust some media some of the time, no?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I do not recall.

Thanks, LM.

It was a statement from Bannon that was reported by the media, yes. It was first-hand account from a party involved. Thanks, Gryphon.

Oh you're welcome LM.

If by some folks you mean me, then no, I distrust the media all of the time. But as you perhaps don't know, we cannot say something is true or false because of where it comes from.

Do you give the benefit of the doubt to the media or the first-hand account?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I do not recall.

Thanks, LM.

Oh you're welcome LM.

If by some folks you mean me, then no, I distrust the media all of the time. But as you perhaps don't know, we cannot say something is true or false because of where it comes from.

Do you give the benefit of the doubt to the media or the first-hand account?

Then we have something in common. All media is business. What is reported is what that business dictates.

You were commenting on those who are "addicted" to the media earlier. Yet, this example demontrates that there are times when "the media" simply reports what someone does and says, and thereby demonstrates that generic statements about the media (and anything really, if you aren't aware) are logically suspect.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I was speaking of those addicted to the media narrative, actually. That's what I wrote. If you cannot get a simple comment right, I wonder how you are able to deal with the media?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

This is why I listen to NPR for serious investigative journalism. They are funded 95% by private donations from listeners, and from some vetted foundations and institutions. They don't even talk about Fox News or Infowars or Breitbart except to mention how disparate those programs are from actual reality and intelligent adulting.

Fox and Breitbart and Infowars are purely COMMERCIAL endeavors. And therefore MUST be seen as such. Now that the machinations of that ilk have allowed Congress to try to defund NPR, all humanities and arts support, etc - those left standing are the ones that by popular demand and support will never, ever go away.

Fox News, Breitbart, and Infowars (along with other sleazy disinfo tabloid rags like the National Enquirer) will fade into the oblivion of "pop culture toxins" one day. Sooner, rather than later, I'd say.
edit on 4/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I was speaking of those addicted to the media narrative, actually. That's what I wrote. If you cannot get a simple comment right, I wonder how you are able to deal with the media?

Ah, so now it's to be semantic juggling and ad hom?

So early in the day too.

The source of the media narrative is the media, the same media that you trust when it provides something that matches your narrative.

Either speak with decorum or our conversation is over.
edit on 6-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

This is why I listen to NPR for serious investigative journalism. They are funded 95% by private donations from listeners, and from some vetted foundations and institutions. They don't even talk about Fox News or Infowars or Breitbart except to mention how disparate those programs are from actual reality and intelligent adulting.

Fox and Breitbart and Infowars are purely COMMERCIAL endeavors. And therefore MUST be seen as such. Now that the machinations of that ilk have allowed Congress to try to defund NPR, all humanities and arts support, etc - those left standing are the ones that by popular demand and support will never, ever go away.

Fox News, Breitbart, and Infowars (along with other sleazy disinfo tabloid rags like the National Enquirer) will fade into the oblivion of "pop culture toxins" one day. Sooner, rather than later, I'd say.

Further, Fox News is owned by NewsCorp, one of the Big Six.

Anyone who doesn't understand that all media is business, and all media does what business dictates, is living in a very sophomoric world.

Here's the thing. We don't have to BELIEVE anything, particularly about politics, which is as mercurial as Satan's last flatulence.

We always (and I know you do this too) try to find the best evidence with the most corroboration. That's all we can do.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Don't get too happy people, it seems he wasn't supposed to be there long anyway. From the OP's source.

A White House official said that Bannon was placed on the committee in part to monitor Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and never attended a meeting. He’s no longer needed with McMaster in charge of the council, the official said.

Wasn't supposed to be there long anyway? Well now, that's news that shockingly just came out today.

More like an excuse for his firing. I'm sure he's probably under investigation and just like all the other Trump staffers associated with Russia, they've been axed to protect Trump.

Good luck to them!

Remember when they demoted Paul Manifort? They said it's not a demotion it's a lateral move? Then they laterally moved him out the door.

edit on 462017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Nope.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Awhile ago Trump was Pro-Choice, trump has no solid ideology, which is why I said he wants to be an autocrat but is too narcissistic to be an actual Dictator. Bannon is the complete opposite

Anyone who truly believed he was an "anti-establishment" candidate will face the fact that he is just another Neocon at the moment

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

No one seeks power in order to do away with it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

This is why I listen to NPR for serious investigative journalism.

And I am not surprised by that.
NPR admits liberal bias.
Getting news from just one source is the worst thing you can do anymore!
Even if it is the largely liberal narrative filling NPR...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

And I am not surprised by that.
NPR admits liberal bias.
Getting news from just one source is the worst thing you can do anymore!
Even if it is the largely liberal narrative filling NPR...

It's not my sole source of headline news.....it is my source for digging deeper. Yes, they have a liberal bias, because liberal people are well-educated, thoughtful, and interested in FACTS. I won't apologize for that.

There is no corporate ownership of them. They are listened to and funded by educated people who appreciate fact-checked, thorough, and in-depth analysis of what's actually happening.

My morning news hour is spent on sources like The Hill, Reuters, and other "liberal" (intelligent) sources. The Intercept is a promising source. Newscorpse is growing on me. Daily Kos is a comforting counterweight to ATS's Trump-mania, and for general balance, I look at CNN. I like MSNBC, but they do get very 'commentary-heavy' like the opposition to Fox. Nevertheless Rachel Maddow is a far cry superior to anything Hannity or O'Reilly or even Megyn Kelly formerly did.

McClatchy is an excellent and well-balanced source for serious news with excellent critical analysis of what's bunk and what's reality also, and they own our local newspaper and several others around the country, but not on my daily hit network. My email includes The Atlantic newsletter which I read daily.

msn.com appears to be a very well-balanced aggregator and includes all of the major players --- and there aren't so many auto-play videos forcing advertising onto my screen. I prefer to read the news over watching videos of it.

I'm very glad you are aware that just one source is inadequate. Congratulations on that!!

If you are going to take the time and invest the effort into checking more than one source, I advise not merely checking the echo chambers of the far-right. Just because Limbaugh and Jones and Beck and Hannity and Breitbart's crew and WND and Infowars all agree with each other does NOT MAKE THEM REAL NEWS. It makes them REAL PROBLEMS instead.

edit on 4/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

PS - wanted to make it clear to whom I was responding, and to thank him for recognizing that I'm an educated and intelligent news viewer.

edit on 4/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: add in the atlantic

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Buzzy, I doubt that you are taking into account all of the Alt Right radio hosts. These guys are always breaking stories. I also doubt that any of them have tagged Bannon as a Trump Commissar on the Nat'l Security Council, like I did, here, earlier in this thread. Relieving him of that committee's duties, only brings him closer to the POTUS's ear. So he's not going away, unless he quits. The Congressional Easter Recess is imminent, so there can be a ton of Recess App'ts. by POTUS. What I don't understand is why the Senate Repubs didn't just punt, and let Trump put Gorsuch on the USSC, with a recess App't??

Even if the Repubs had kept their Senate Majority, POTUS HRC could have used this same Easter Recess to put her own Libtard Nominated Justice on the Court. I think Obama demurred to HRC's more radical choices! But Oh how that one backfired on him? Does "Leading from Behind" ring any of your bells??

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Politico is reporting that Rebekah Mercer asked Bannon not to resign.

How is that swamp-draining thingy going?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

This is true, also why a vanguard party doesn't work either

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
Politico is reporting that Rebekah Mercer asked Bannon not to resign.

How is that swamp-draining thingy going?

Bannon will ultimately sell Trump out and take over unless he bends to the will of the extreme Right.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join