It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom finds police drone spying on her children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Well, ain't that just hunky dory. Now, let's just take fancy RC airplanes and helos and reclassify them as airplanes/aircrafts so as to give more protection to Uncle Sam.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute
a reply to: dragonridr

Thanks for the info, I think I will research what electronic countermeasures might be available....it would be awesome to have the ability to disable a drone with the correct frequency.....strictly in theory of course.

You can get something off the shelf - if you order it from the right place. To get it to work well takes a spectrum analyzer and a bit of tweaking.

To do it WELL, and by "well" I mean take control of it and land it in the street in front of a car, you'd have to have a bit more planning and equipment. But it would be worth doing, if they kept that sort of thing up enough to warrant teaching the locals a lesson.
edit on 7-4-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: JDeLattre89
See my post at the top of this page. It might save you a small fortune in legal fees.

If we're going to classify drones as aircraft, then if they drop it in my yard the FAA needs to come out and do a full investigation.

Seems sort of odd that they can enforce parts of that set of laws whilst totally ignoring others, no?

And the law for this is all theoretical, so far. No challenges yet.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
The only reason I tend to try doing "non lethal" things to anything is that there is the off chance that your gadget created to jam drone commo, if one were to create one or buy one, could very well be construed to be an unlawful device like a cell-phone jammer or scanner, considering it would be doing pretty much that anyway.

In my case, the local gendarmerie would find it quite difficult to identify amongst the other millions of bits of electronics and machine tools. My experience is that most of them can't tell a spectrum analyzer from a tv.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I think you meant to reply to someone else.
My only suggestion was a net to foul a drones rotors.
I never said anything about shooting them down.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89
a reply to: Bedlam

I must admit this is a law I would love to see challenged and beat! I'm pretty sure that the police department would have a problem if my drone decided to hang out at the police station all day.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I am hope that was meant as sarcasm.
Other wise you accept random monitoring.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

That is a list of bloggers not msm.
Bloggers only post their opinions.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB
a reply to: intrptr

I am hope that was meant as sarcasm.
Other wise you accept random monitoring.

We are monitored, from every traffic cam, store and AtM cam, every credit card, every purchase, every phone call, email, internet search, every TV station we tune too, the smart meters on our utilities, the cars we drive in, etc.

I was being sarcastic, they tell us we have nothing to fear if we have nothing to hide. They tell us to accept constant invasion of privacy for our own good, just like in George Orwell's book, 1984.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join