It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom finds police drone spying on her children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Gotta get another job to build me one of those widgets.

It would be fun to skewer the pig drones and sell em piece-meal on Ebay.

Fun and payment to boot...

Yeeeeeeee Haw.

The Drones of Hazzard.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner
I did always want to work for Hazzard County!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

I think that would be an incorrect assumption.

And you would need to look at the particular zoning laws for that property. Because everything depends.

From doing a little research online. It would seem that you are allowed enough airspace ownership as you can reasonably use. If you have a 1 story property. You really would not reasonably need 500 feet above your property. However this is of course on a case by case basis. And there was a court case where a chicken farmer won because a helicopter was flying under 100 feet over his property. And the noise from the chopper was scaring his chickens who ran into walls and died.

However if some guy is flying his drone on the street and looking into your backyard from the side. There's not much you can do.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Time to get out of the city, out of range of the overfunded police.

What's odd to me is that I can't find a single mainstream media source for this.
Oh, right, that shouldn't seem odd to me.... yet it does.

quick list of the places I see reporting it:

govtslaves . info
conspiracyoutpost . com
policeone . com
nextdoor . com
prisonplanet . com
activistpost . com
freedomsphoenix . com

All of these sites look like more clickbait than anything...

Might it be time to invest in a net-canon to catch stray drones?
www.digitaltrends.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Maybe we should get some vigilante drone drivers out there to build racing drones to skewer the cop drones.

I think I'll build one now. ...Been wanting to anyway... Fun.

Build a high tech disruptor that causes the drone to crash.....I'll be your first customer.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Just a net launcher (dropper) and a hook to pick it up and carry it back to quickly disconnect the GPS unit.

Low-tech or no-tech is so much more reliable.

Ebay here I come...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Now if the cops were looking inside your house with your blinds closed.

That's a completely different story.

Let's consider the reciprocity principle. If I hovered a camera drone over the chief of police's back yard when his kids were there, would I be able to simply say "Oh, I was just testing, no harm no foul"?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I believe the "chicken farmer" had B-52's landing next to his property during WWII according to the story I read?

I think that the question will come down to our 4th Amendment rights to be secure in our homes, papers, etc. from unwarranted searches. If a drone with a camera is recording you or your property is it a violation of your 4th Amendment rights? Is the drone recording you or your property an unreasonable search, is it trespass, is it illegal? I can't find anything definitive, there are some local laws and a Federal regulation regarding registration and proximity to airports but the legislation is still being crafted on residential rights.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

B-52's landing next to his property during WWII

That can't be true.
edit on 4/5/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i would have given the kids a bucket of water balloons and told them the first to knock the drone out of the sky wins a candy bar. might even practice my pitch with them. problem solved.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There's no reason a police officer can't also be a creepy pedophile.

Just saying...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I'm all for the spirit of that but there are possibilities of that not ending well..the operator would see a gun, then I can only imagine officers would attend..knowing a gun is in residence, you don't want a mistake by a nervous cop.
Maybe a tennis ball launcher, or one of those 3 man water balloon slingshots.

edit on 5-4-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

SCotUS has already ruled on this sort of thing.

It all has to do with reasonable right to privacy.

If you are in plain view or hearing of the public.

There is no privacy.

If you are indoors and you have a expectation of privacy. Then you have a case for a 4th amendment violation.

And of course like I said before. This will be on a case by case basis. You might not have a case for 4th amendment privacy issues. But you might have a case for nuisance or damages caused by having the drone over your property.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The creepy "power dynamic" between civilians and cops is almost "pedophilic" in itself.

If ya' know what I mean....

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Her children are not even Mexican, Muslim or Black.

Have to wonder what they were looking for really.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
I was thinking that the new water balloons filled with color might work well. The dye might cover the camera enough to mess it up

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I think just the mass of a water balloon might knock it out..at the very least the operator would know the residents are not pleased.
Whether it would work depends of course on the elevation of the drone..the bigger slingshots will send a balloon 100-200 yrds..be fun to try at least.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Simple fix: force the city council to forbid the police department from operating drones, or the mayor gets it in the next election.

Problem solved. The cops can't do more than you permit them to. Take away the toy. This is why they can't have nice things.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Does anyone know the penalty for taking out a drone that is flying above your property? Is there any?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I have to wonder, though...if i put up an 8ft fence, i have a reasonable expectation of privacy, at least for visual.

If my roof was glass or i had several skylights, would I cede my expecation of privacy? What if i am being monitored via FLIR? I know you may not be able to answer these things...but it doesn't seem very definitive to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join