It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times up korea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Idreamofme

It sounds imminent to me. But what happens if we move on nkorea and makes china or other countries upset?

The same thing that happened last time. The Chinese will wait for US forces to extend all the way north to the Yalu Rifer, then send bazillions of chinese troops swarming south to overwhelm them.

The winter weather will preclude airstrikes, the mountanous terrain will preclude nukes and the US will be wearing its ass for a hat all over again.

Only bullies hand other nations ultimatums anyway...

Technically no. That happened last time because US refuse to acknowledge co-operation and support China doing it jointly back then whom were supported by Soviet. This time, if US can agree to get some US or South Korean troops at Chinese territory North of the border of NK and do joint intelligence command to end NK dictatorship. You won't see a repeat. Unlike what US did at the start of the Syrian war not getting joint info from Russia.
You can go too far to other people territory in war. If communication is out between the two country it can happen again. Too many US soldiers don't understand Chinese and didn't know how far they are going into the territory which happened in the past. Start shooting artillery near Chinese borders obviously a huge reaction will happen. Even McArthur wanted to nuke China.

The only reason why US and Soviet didn't bomb each other when they got close to each other in WW2 was joint command. Knowing who the enemy is and who you are going to bomb. The first NK war UN didn't know anything about China nor did they had any proper communication with the Chinese.
edit on 5-4-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

a reply to: imitator

Like I said, North Korea terrain is too mountainous to employ nukes.

Nobody wants to nuke North Korea..... back in the day the US wanted to nuke China, nowadays it's North Korea threatening with nukes.
edit on 5-4-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Both China and Russia will never willingly let US troops occupy the whole of the Korean Peninsula. Just like together they refused to let US occupy Vietnam.

Nor would the US allow them to occupy the North American Continent.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

a reply to: imitator

Like I said, North Korea terrain is too mountainous to employ nukes.

Nobody wants to nuke North Korea..... back in the day the US wanted to nuke China, nowadays it's North Korea threatening with nukes.

Nice switch from your last repose with the giant mushroom cloud. McArthur suggested that last time, not the "US". President Truman fired him for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I haven't switched on anything..... the U.S. had B-29s ready to drop on China, that debate just happen to end while MacArthur was running his mouth.

Now it's North Korea that's running their mouth, and I'm sure their defense/offense will involve nukes or at least try to.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I haven't switched on anything..... the U.S. had B-29s ready to drop on China, that debate just happen to end while MacArthur was running his mouth.

Now it's North Korea that's running their mouth, and I'm sure their defense/offense will involve nukes or at least try to.

That would be suicide. They don't have to nuke anybody, thats western dogma to build up the 'threat' to justify escalation on the US part, not Korea. Little tiny Korea... looks like the propaganda is working on you.

Like I said, keep saying it, Russia and China will come to their aid, like they did before. Just like Vietnam before, and just like Syria, now.

The one thats bullying the world is the US.

Okay, put on those blinders again.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Nah it's not the US bullying.... it's the bankers/corporate elite and corrupt political leaders, they like to see the US go down and sucked into WW3, meanwhile filling their pockets in South America.... creating a new world order.

It could end the same as you believe, but I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Doubtful times up with Korea. Trump is a temp: temporary employee of the government. Any acts of aggression or war or occupation of anyone on or near China itself will never happen just because a sitting Prez says "GO".

My fear is that Trump's tendency to over-react might result in him giving some perfectly reasonable sounding orders-- like redeploying the Seventh and Ninth Fleets-- but coupling it with intemperate rhetoric that panics North Korea into a preemptive strike.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
China borders NK, Russia borders China, do you people seriously believe that facking with NK is a good idea?....
Really?....

This Cheeto Mc Tweeto caricature we have for a president is going to get us into a war yet.

Cool, wars always fix economic problems, WW2 sure as fack fixed the first depression...

Let's fix this by killing millions and millions, Yeah.

Y'all are crazy.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, since I can't, I'll just ask you this.......

If North Koreans are called Norks......
What do you call a Democratic North Korean ?

Oh, I'd be stocking up on Big Chief Tablets and Crayola Crayons.
A few lessons in American Indian smoke signals wouldn't be a bad investment either.

Buck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Nah it's not the US bullying.... it's the bankers/corporate elite and corrupt political leaders, they like to see the US go down and sucked into WW3, meanwhile filling their pockets in South America.... creating a new world order.

It could end the same as you believe, but I doubt it.

Okay, correction... US military and NATO are the enforcement arm of the cabal. Pay your tax today?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
MMMM....methinks China is going to kick the ever-loving hades out of NK........they want NK....they NEED to expand.....sooooo....Trumpster and Putin will distract NK...while China plays spoiler from the inside....China likes to surprise people.....lol.....and when China makes a move it will be overwhelming.......the USA and Russia will step back......and let China LIGHT IT UP.

A new Global border will have been built....NK should have stopped screwing around a decade ago and joined SK.....maybe only this will save them....but methinks China will not let this union happen now.....IMHO they want NC badly.....and are now postured to take them completely out quite easily mostly from the inside...almost surgiclly.....less than 10 million casualties IMHO.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Hey there DJW... precisely my points.. Thanks... MS

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: therealfreeworld

This time the war come to usa soil and shtf onus soil. You yanks will look like iraq when this one is over. I realy hope i live long enough to see this one to the end

Keep on dreaming. I am fully confident in South Korea's commitment to confronting the threat they are tired of dealing with. I am also fully confident that the USA , Japan, Australia, Thailand, and even the Philippines are ready and willing to assist their South Korean ally in dealing with this obvious and real threat. We believe in supporting our allies.

Speaking of the Philippines, the President is ordering their island claims to now be occupied with troops in fortifications. Now see what China done did?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh Why aren't we invading Mexico? They actually need the help

That is funny. Maybe if the US took over their government they would stop coming up north.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why can't South Korea hire someone to go into the North to off this Kim guy? At least the Cuban's tried it with Castro.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Both China and Russia will never willingly let US troops occupy the whole of the Korean Peninsula. Just like together they refused to let US occupy Vietnam.

Nor would the US allow them to occupy the North American Continent.

US doesn't need to occupy Korea, that is the main problem and it is consider as a threat to Chinese to have American troops in Korea. South Korea is nice now and fully modernized. When SK unites Korea, US should leave because they make things worst. You can't infiltrate Koreans with White people. That is why North Korea still stands. China should be the one supporting Korea since now Samsung products are made in China, etc. South Korea is a major trade partner of China. US should be watching from Japan since WW2 and Fukushima and stay out of Korean influence. South Korea can survive on its own. Remove US base/troops, not US companies. That is two different things. South Korea internally is not a warzone unlike other East Asian countries. US cannot win Vietnam war because it is white people > Asians. The only way US could have won is mass extermination which would be against American values and just be a repeat of colonizing America.
edit on 8-4-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

US doesn't need to occupy Korea,

Is that willful blindness, ignorance or denial?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Why can't South Korea hire someone to go into the North to off this Kim guy? At least the Cuban's tried it with Castro.

He's too valuable a clown for the MSM to push around. The history of US meddling in Korea is older than Cuba.

Both states, including a host of others like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, have refused to capitulate. They may be failed states and occupied militarily, but none have been entirely subjugated.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
My fear is that Trump's tendency to over-react might result in him giving some perfectly reasonable sounding orders

I assure you Trump is of sounder mind that home-boy Kin Jong Un over there...
Overreacting would be performing public executions using anti-aircraft guns and dogs!

- but coupling it with intemperate rhetoric that panics North Korea into a preemptive strike.

Against South Korea?
That's the only people who are directly in harms way and I suspect they have counter-measures in place for such a thing. Have you not seen south Korea lately? The biggest threat North Korea poses to the west is of the cyber-warfare kind.

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
This Cheeto Mc Tweeto caricature we have for a president is going to get us into a war yet.

Star for "Cheeto Mc Tweeto". Best one so far.
But...
Better be ready to retract that statement.
In case you haven't been paying attention war has been all but inevitable for the last couple years. China in the south china sea, Syrian civil war, Libya after we killed Gaddafi, Iraq(againx2), North Korea, etc, etc... Pick your conflict! We are one of a few world superpowers. If it's big and it happens on this planet we are involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join