It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACA is Imploding - Places Where NO ObamaCare Plans Will Be Available for 2018.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
President Trump's plan is to kill any requirements that make ACA work, let it die horribly, then claim Obama was the one that took everyones health care away (and Obama is still at fault for Trump/Repub Congress not being able to craft an alternative). Even after saying that most of the trumpette's here already have bought that answer hook/line/sinker. When in doubt, Obama did it!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

i say dump all of them we should be like other countries and have nation health care. the reason we have insurance companies running wild is because of tricky dick back in the 70s. how we going to pay for it you say easy implement national sales tax on everything that is not already got one and make it like 4 cent on the dollar and put same sales tax on every stock traded on the stock market.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Phage
Heaven forbid that the admin might choose to drop "repeal and replace" and work on fixing the damn thing. Because it can be fixed.

Oh wait, that would mean admitting that both the congressional majority and the administration have no idea what they're doing.

Never mind.

It was never intended to work. They spent 17 months on this thing and its garbage. It was designed to fail, just in time for Hillary's presidency, and usher in a single payer system.

and with a single payer system you get what they have in the UK and its collapsing.
www.investors.com...
content.time.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix
BS! Donald promised exactly that. He promised (repeatedly) health coverage for everyone that is less expansive has better coverage and will be a beautiful plan. Go ahead and try to say that he did not make that promise.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
We just need single payer for everyone or medicaid/medicare for everyone. It's basic healthcare. No complicated plans to try to choose from. We just have it. We take a couple billion from defense spending and put it there. There you go paid for with no ill to the rest of the country.

We can still pay for and have more expensive healthcare options and insurance plans if we chose.

No problem, easy solution. We dont' do it because...we 'd rather play games and let people that arent' our immediate family die.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The UK has a single payer system but they are rationing care in cases where the patient is either obese and/or a smoker.
Hospitals already code patients differently in the US if they smoke so maybe the Tobacco industry giants will pick up the difference in hospital charges in that case?

Illegal drug cartels are fabulously wealthy so presumably the proceeds from property seized and auctioned could be used to defray the cost of babies born to addicted mothers?

Only problem with those two examples is that no one collecting the big profits from those industries cares about health consequences, and the police can't touch those people because of all the built in protection in the legal system.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
BS! Donald promised exactly that. He promised (repeatedly) health coverage for everyone that is less expansive has better coverage and will be a beautiful plan. Go ahead and try to say that he did not make that promise.

This isn't about Don, in fact it should be non-partisan considering costs at current rates of increase will double in less than five years basically imploding government budget and US economy.

But go right on doing what you're doing and let it smack you later - just don't act surprised then.

If Don does what I'd like which is upholding current law it'd definitely take GDP into short sharp recession as consumer rape and pillaging comes to an end and money redeployed to productive uses.

Yup, going from near 20% GDP to 3% GDP is close to 90% reduction and it will hurt, hurt even worse the longer we wait though.

But you'd be first in line to complain about a recession wouldn't you.

Part and parcel why this will never get fixed and I am preparing for inevitable crash it's going to cause - folks like you are to thank.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
We just need single payer for everyone or medicaid/medicare for everyone. It's basic healthcare. No complicated plans to try to choose from. We just have it. We take a couple billion from defense spending and put it there. There you go paid for with no ill to the rest of the country.

We can still pay for and have more expensive healthcare options and insurance plans if we chose.

No problem, easy solution. We dont' do it because...we 'd rather play games and let people that arent' our immediate family die.

Golly were it that easy! Last fiscal had Heathcare at $1,417 billion which nearly doubled in five years with 2012 being $850 billion. Using that track expect $3000 billion less than 5 years hence.

Sorry a few billion from defense will not dent this nor will nat/sales tax as another poster suggested.

Cost control by applicable existing laws is only way.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Yes it is imploding. I actually work at a ACA call center and have since 2015. I am customer support for the website and help people sign up and assist them when insurance companies have issues. Many regions do only have 1 option when it comes to selecting a company to purchase a plan through and even some have 1 plan to choose from. I thought it was bad this open enrollment period, it seems like it is only going to get worse.

I just want you all to know that i do not support the ACA, i just work there. I need a job like all americans. It does help some people but it hurts more than it helps. This is my first post. I have browsed abovertopsecret for several years and when i seen this post i decided to finally create a account and voice my mind. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BigbootsDixon13

Welcome BBD13! Thank-you for sharing your experiences. You're right. Things are getting desperate for the people who have to buy their own health insurance.

You're also right when stating that ObamaCare hurts more people than it helps. This "hurt" goes far beyond premiums. Just the additional taxes and fees built into the Affordable Care Act have caused many doctors offices to lay off workers, and other many other non-medical-related businesses to cut worker hours, or simply go out of business.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

I'd like to know why ATS members, and people in general seem to be "stuck" in the mindset that the U.S.A. must force everyone into a specific system?

Medicare "Available To All" is preferable to Medicare "For All".

Let Me CHOOSE whether I want Medicare - or Medicaid - or Private Health Insurance.

Medicare buy-in = $460 @ month premium
Medicaid = Free for those who can't afford Medicare.
Free Market Private Health Ins. = $300 @ month for 40 year old.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
April 6, 2017

AETNA announced today that it is following WELLMARK, in leaving the state of Iowa at the end of this year.

""A second big shoe just dropped on Iowa's Obamacare marketplace.

Three days after Wellmark Blue Cross & Blue Shield said it would not sell new individual health insurance plans in Iowa in 2018, Aetna on Thursday said it also will not offer new Obamacare plans next year, citing "financial risk."

The moves leave Iowa with just two other insurers that, as of now, sell Obamacare plans in the state.""

SOURCE: www.cnbc.com...

FYI: There is one Wellmark patient in Iowa who has a $1.1 million dollar a month medical bill. When Wellmark announced that it was leaving Iowa, AETNA said, "Ohhh sheet! We don't want him/her! We're leaving Iowa too.".

We'll see if the remaining state-wide insurer, Medica Health Insurance Co., gets cold-feet next.

Since the Iowa pool of ObamaCare customers isn't really huge, just one person with $12 million in annual medical bills, hurts bigly.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's basic demand-supply economics. As long as doctors and hospitals can get the compensation they want for treating you, they have no reason to lower their fees.

If you are personally unable to pay, or have an ObamaCare policy that pays too little, or are on Medicaid, you have a good chance of losing access to the BEST physicians and treatments.

Actually, what doctors and hospitals charge right now is so far out of whack not because of the lack of controls, it is exactly the opposite - it is because of the mandates, the added costs due to having to comply with all of the mandates, but most of all, it because of the LACK OF TRUE COMPETITION.

I wish I could find it, but I saw a little mini documentary a while back where an investigative reporter decided to compare the costs for 2 or 3 different standard procedures (can't remember which, but maybe knee replacements, things like that). They called around to something like 30 or 40 different hospitals/clinics, and the difference in costs was crazy. One might charge $75,000, and another one might charge $5,000.

The problem is not lack of government oversight/intervention, it is BECAUSE of it.

The only government regulation that should come into play is the same for everything else - prevention of and punishment for fraud and abuse. Also, maybe some sunshine requirements, requiring doctors and hospitals to be totally transparent and detailed in the pricing for services.
edit on 7-4-2017 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven
It's very unfortunate that the republican-led house and senate can't come up with a bill that would ensure that people don't lose their coverage.

I'm sure that the congress has a good reason for letting people die. The republicans are in control of the congressional and executive branches. One of think they could pass legislation that would cover even more people.

Sacrificing people who rely on Obamacare coverage is a small price to pay to punish Americans, though. People who end up losing their coverage should be celebrated as martyrs to the cause. Hail Trump.

That is really funny (not), seeing as it is your precious ObamaCare that is causing people to lose their coverage and thus 'letting people die'. As has been said, it was designed to fail, so that the Statists could impose their true goal of a Single Payer government controlled system. It is the old 'create the problem, then present the solution'.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

That is really funny (not), seeing as it is your precious ObamaCare that is causing people to lose their coverage and thus 'letting people die'. As has been said, it was designed to fail, so that the Statists could impose their true goal of a Single Payer government controlled system. It is the old 'create the problem, then present the solution'.

Under Obamacare, more people were covered by health insurance than ever before. That's not an alternative fact.

I hope you are right about single payer - from your post to God's ear!
edit on 7-4-2017 by icanteven because: fixed a typo

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

Obamacare worked well initially. Over time, insurance companies pull out.
edit on 7-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Under Obamacare, more people were covered by health insurance than ever before. That's not an alternative fact.

Being "covered" means nothing if you walk into the Dr. or hospital with a $5000 deductible you can't possibly pay. Yeah...you might get your illness addressed but then you need to take your family and find a nice alley to call home. Tell ya what...how about the Republicans come out with health insurance $1,000,000 deductible and give it to everyone for free? Then you can say the Republicans covered everyone...YEAH! CHEER!!!! SUCCESS!!!! GO REPUBLICANS!

Get it?

And as far as "single payer"...the government should NEVER have that level of power, control, etc. over the people. Eventually they will raise the numbers to impossible numbers (overhead) and force you to pay regardless if you can. Again...back to the alley. They will use it as a power play to get what they want not provide what you need.

Government like liquor is a great servant...but a horrible master.
edit on 4/8/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Being "covered" means nothing if you walk into the Dr. or hospital with a $5000 deductible you can't possibly pay. Yeah...you might get your illness addressed but then you need to take your family and find a nice alley to call home. Tell ya what...how about the Republicans come out with health insurance $1,000,000 deductible and give it to everyone for free? Then you can say the Republicans covered everyone...YEAH! CHEER!!!! SUCCESS!!!! GO REPUBLICANS!

Get it?

And as far as "single payer"...the government should NEVER have that level of power, control, etc. over the people. Eventually they will raise the numbers to impossible numbers (overhead) and force you to pay regardless if you can. Again...back to the alley. They will use it as a power play to get what they want not provide what you need.

Government like liquor is a great servant...but a horrible master.

There's one thing worse than a $5,000 deductible. That is, being walked to the business office when your mother or father is on the operating table without insurance. Why? You're going to be asked about your assets and either get burdened with an overwhelming amount of medical debt or will need to declare bankruptcy. Some uninsured people with chronic conditions will spend down their assets and try to get disability simply to get Medicaid.

For most, financing a $5,000 deductible, if you need to, is preferable to assuming $500,000 in medical debt for an unexpected crisis.

You won't change my mind on this, having lived through it, so we will need to agree to disagree about the importance of healthcare being a right of all Americans.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

Your depiction of how the medical care system works is 100% Spot-On, ICantEven.

Before ObamaCare took away health insurance freedom-of-choice, our firm had clients with $10,000 to $50,000 deductibles. A 60 year-old paid $210 a month for the $10K, and $65 @ month for the $50K deductible.

You're right about the cost of Medical Care. It's incredibly expensive, if you want the best treatments and medications, in order to live a relatively normal life, free from constant pain, or other uncomfortable ailments. Or if you want to live as long as possible.

If you happen to be unlucky enough to contract Cancer, or need Heart Surgery, or develop one of the increasingly common Digestive System disorders, you'd be thankful that all you owe is your $10,000 - $50,000 deductible.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: jtma508

Part and parcel why this will never get fixed and I am preparing for inevitable crash it's going to cause - folks like you are to thank.

You must mean the crash cart the last republican proposal would have ushered in. Because if coverage is taken away from the newly insured, then emergency care is all they will have to fall back on.

Why can't we discuss delivering the same high level of care to everyone and not only those who happen to be wealthy or those who get insurance through their employer?

And, Trump did lie about healthcare and how it will be beautiful, glorious and cover everyone at a lower cost. That's what populists do. They promise everything to everyone, and then reality sets in once they get in the business of governing. Beautiful coverage for all and tax cuts exist on opposite ends of a spectrum.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join