It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACA is Imploding - Places Where NO ObamaCare Plans Will Be Available for 2018.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: D8Tee
No they don't.

All suicides
Number of deaths: 42,773

www.cdc.gov...
Yes the do, you are misunderstanding what was said.

Over 1 million patients a year, lose their doctor to SUICIDE.

The little-noticed, little-discussed trend has enormous implications. Since the average annual caseload of most family doctors is roughly 2,300 patients, 400 physician deaths could mean that a million Americans lose their doctors to suicide each year.

My calculator says 400 x 2300 = 920,000, whats yours say?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I still haven't paid a single dime into the ACA, and I never will. They will have to lock me up first.

You don't get to tell me that I have to purchase something that I don't want so that you and your scumbag cronies can get even more filthy rich than you already are.

Go suck an egg Obama!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Ah. Got it. I wonder how many lose their doctors due to heart disease.

Does the article also say that physicians suicide at the highest rate of any profession? Or did I get that wrong too?

edit on 4/6/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Ah. Got it. I wonder how many lose their doctors due to heart disease.

Does the article also say that physicians suicide at the highest rate of any profession? Or did I get that wrong too?
No the article does not say that.

It refers to a paywalled Jama article that says this, which seems rather meaningless really...

Studies over the past 4 decades have shown that physicians die by suicide more frequently than nonphysicians.

Your article had the actual statistics which put them at number 12 i believe it was.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Maybe it means that physicians are more successful? Better resources?

Yea, number 12 with a pretty low rate, actually.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is the article I referenced that shows Physicians as the profession with the most suicides.

www.therichest.com...

The information was compiled in 2014.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Where the hell is the evidence that it works or could work?

I got screwed out of being able to even close to nearly afford reasonable coverage..

Burn it to the ground, repeal then figure things out.

Aca is not much better than out of pocket. And I'm in the bottom twenty percent of earners so...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Your source does not seem to indicate the source of the statistics presented.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCentristPhilosopher

Where the hell is the evidence that it works or could work?

thinkprogress.org...
www.yesmagazine.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Your source does not seem to indicate the source of the statistics presented.

I don't want to dig to deep on this subject but I'd hazard a guess that veterans have the highest rate of any group.

Roughly 20 veterans a day commit suicide nationwide, according to new data from the Department of Veterans Affairs — a figure that dispels the often quoted, but problematic, “22 a day” estimate yet solidifies the disturbing mental health crisis the number implied.

In 2014, the latest year available, more than 7,400 veterans took their own lives, accounting for 18 percent of all suicides in America. Veterans make up less than 9 percent of the U.S. population.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I don't know that "veteran" is considered an occupation.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I don't know that "veteran" is considered an occupation.

Agreed.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

From your example.

“Thank God for Kynect,” said Eddie Alvis, who after years of struggling financially was able to get health insurance, and discovered he had severe asthma.

The participation rate in Kentucky went up and the people that are receiving expensive treatments are happy, but we knew that. The problem is that there are people making less than $20,000 a year that have eliminated all their health risks and are still being asked to pay hundreds of dollars a month to cover wealthier peoples medical expenses with self inflicted health issues.

Do you think they should raise taxes on Tobacco to cover the costs?

That appears to be where the replacement program is being debated currently.

High-risk pools, however, had gained broad support during a late Tuesday meeting that brought together Vice President Pence and other White House officials with conservative and moderate House leaders. Adding in high-risk pools to the underlying bill doesn’t guarantee House Republicans will ultimately agree on a replacement, and they are still set to leave town Thursday for their Easter recess. But the amendment represents one way leadership could ultimately reshape the bill, by incrementally modifying it until consensus is reached.

edit on 6-4-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It's very unfortunate that the republican-led house and senate can't come up with a bill that would ensure that people don't lose their coverage.

I'm sure that the congress has a good reason for letting people die. The republicans are in control of the congressional and executive branches. One of think they could pass legislation that would cover even more people.

Sacrificing people who rely on Obamacare coverage is a small price to pay to punish Americans, though. People who end up losing their coverage should be celebrated as martyrs to the cause. Hail Trump.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Let's actually think about what it means when insurance companies say they're taking losses. It means that people are actually receiving healthcare. If the goal of the ACA was to increase the number of people actually able to receive healthcare then it seems like this shows that the ACA is succeeding at what it meant to do. It is the healthcare system that is failing.

I mean, think about it. The insurance companies are losing money because they're providing the service their paid to do. What other industry can say they they lose money for doing their job?

Nice example. But more exist.

Let's see...Banks..Corporations..Contractors...Courts...this list could be massively expanded.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
If you people could get past the partisan bull# and realize the government does what business wants, you could maybe agree on an action to improve the situation.

Your government does not look out for your best interests, that's your job.

Why do you keep insinuating that all of this is the new adminstrations fault then?

Actions to improve the situation would be to destroy "medicine" and so-called science.

Specifically creating unhealthy people so they can control them AND make more money than God is as bad as all of the religions combined.

I look forward to a day when all these social justice warriors gain some courage and take on something real...but they are too far gone..engineered for cowardice.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Can't ever have Insurance that's affordable, has wide coverage and availability.

All Insurance wether private or public amounts to right now is cost shifting or income redistribution. Eventually either becomes untenable. That time is close for untenable.

Unless and until provider costs are dealt with its exercise in futility to dicker around with topical issue of insurance.

Cost is the problem at hand.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Maybe if enough people lose their health insurance at the end of this year, costs will come down. No way average Joe/Jane can pay $12,000 for an E.R. visit out of their pockets.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Maybe if enough people lose their health insurance at the end of this year, costs will come down. No way average Joe/Jane can pay $12,000 for an E.R. visit out of their pockets.

I reccomend looking up "Karl Denninger" who's been on the problem more than ten years. Best is Karl not only portrays the issue logically he actually offers coherent solutions.

The solutions I've read and believe are workable offer healthcare that's affordable, deals with poor, elderly and pre-existing issues.

Most of it is doable without any new legislation meaning could be done today.

Watching folks argue over which crumb of the insurance pie they get, never once asking why that piece costs so much in first place is disheartening, as the fat, greedy rich baker stands back with a smug smile as they fight over that piece of pie.

Greatest scam ever!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Let's hope that House Republicans are watching and learning a lesson in INTEGRITY from their Senate colleagues.

Senate Republicans and Democrats PROMISED - PLANNED - IMPLEMENTED exactly what they said they would, in the case of Neil Gorsuch's Supreme Court nomination/vote.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join