It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACA is Imploding - Places Where NO ObamaCare Plans Will Be Available for 2018.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
resulting in growing numbers of citizens suffering with NO COVERAGE OPTIONS.

And this is right where we need to go.

When people begin to realize how cheap healthcare can actually be ... without insurance agencies mucking everything up ... maybe we can bury ALL insurance scam agencies in every sector of our lives.

Ever wonder how nice it would be if your insurance rates weren't slammed through the roof because a cop wrote you a ticket for going five miles an hour over the speed limit??

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This is what happens when you pass the bill to find out what's in it. Thanks Nancy Pelosi.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The morbidly Obese, chain smoking supreme court justice Antonin Scalia called ObamCare "jiggery-pokery".
This problem can't be solved politically without a lot of unhappy voices.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Just look at the VA for an example of Govt run Healthcare.

Anyone expecting the Govt to come up with a plan that works is going to be very disappointed.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If the government takes over healthcare, expect V.A. type problems on steroids. Red taped to death. Literally.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is all because the government is trying to make heath insurance affordable instead of making healthcare affordable.

The aca was a lousy bloated bill that nobody had time to read or understand.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Heaven forbid that the admin might choose to drop "repeal and replace" and work on fixing the damn thing. Because it can be fixed.

Oh wait, that would mean admitting that both the congressional majority and the administration have no idea what they're doing.

Never mind.

People DO mind. People remember quite strongly how it was rammed down our throats without being understood, examined or even read before it went on to Obama's desk. Blame the present "congressional majority and the administration?" Why? Obama got what he wanted for is legacy such as it is...may it endure as a hallmark.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Health insurance should not be necessary.

Of course, if the US was not such a moral backwater when it comes to healthcare, you would all be paying a tax to account for the needs of the sick, rather than bitching about taxes while people die.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

In the Knoxville, Tennessee region, there is only one choice RIGHT NOW. That's Humana health insurance company. Yesterday, Humana announced that it was pulling out of the 16 county Knoxville region on 12/31/2017.

Tsk tsk, this leaves even less options. ACA is doing what it's intended.

Sit back and wait for the single payer option. (winks)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
wow what a mess, I`m wondering if the people, who live in areas where no insurance coverage is available,will still have to pay the fine for not having insurance?

a law that forces you to buy a service that isn`t available to you and then fines you for not buying it sounds like a law that might be in violation of the federal racketeering act.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Trump has already taken care of this inevitability and the MSM hasn't got any idea how far ahead of that curve the Trump Administration is on the issue. Even if Congress doesn't act. it's already covered....

www.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I know people are going to claim this is the fault of the ACA but it seems to me this is more the fault of a for profit healthcare system in general. Regardless of what they say about losses these companies are making more money than God for doing nothing.

Actually, let me take that back. They're not doing nothing. They're taking money from people and then trying to find loopholes that prevent them having to give that money back to a person when they need it most.

The timing on these announcements also seem highly suspect. I mean a bill was just shot down that was going to be even better for the insurance companies.

It seems to me like they're trying to hold the nation ransom.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This was the original design from the start...all leading to a hoped single-payer system.

The wrench in the gears, though, is that Hillary (or any Democrat) didn't win--an expectation that MANY had--and now that the "fix" for the "fix" is in the hands of Donald Trump and a Republican congress, many people are scared.

So, Nancy Pelosi, are you still excited to have passed the bill? You're now finding out what was in it and what it would do to access to (and the cost of) health insurance.

This was an asinine bill from the start, but has proven to be even more destructive than most wanted to accept.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Funny. I seem to recall people complaining for seven years about how the ACA was a bill written by the healthcare industry for the healthcare industry. It seems to me that if it was designed to fail it was done so by the healthcare industry so they can then hold the country ransom for a new bill that is even better for them.

I mean just look at the failure that was the AHCA. If that was proposed a year from now I'm sure people would be clamoring for it. And the insurance companies would see their profits rise to even greater heights.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Anything can be fixed, but what must be weighed is this reality: Is it easier to fix, or just repeal and start from scratch?

The original PPACA was so convoluted and massive that it would take YEARS to properly go through it all and apply the fixes, but each change causes its own domino effect that the effort is pointless.

It's like restoring a rusted-out, beat-up old classic car--sure, there are fixes available for nearly every piece of the vehicle, and there will always be those who say that it should be fixed instead of sent to the recycle yard, but when the effort and cost of fixing the vehicle will end up outweighing the end result and the process will most likely balloon out of control (almost sounds like I have experience in this, eh?), it's better to find a vehicle with good 'bones' that might run well as-is and, say, not destroy the environment because the engine is spewing out pollutants. We can always do body work and polish it up down the road.

Right now, the PPACA is destroying the health insurance environment, and it's barely limping along, even though it was put up for sale with a pretty paint job and a decent salesman. You may disagree, but I know from experience when it's best to admit defeat and either go back to the drawing board or just scrap the project altogether.

In this instance, I would say scrap the project altogether--health insurance, while not perfect, was much better for the average person before the PPACA came along and threw sugar in the gas tank.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It would have worked if they could have just snuck in those Death Panels whose MO was if you were on Obamacare...if not for those pesky kids and Sarah Palin too.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

There is only ONE company remaining approved via the ACA. Everyone else has bailed. So much for the insurance companies being responsible.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Promises were made to the healthcare industry that never came to fruition--it was a bait and switch, and now they've been realizing it for the last couple years.

Think about it--in its best dress, the PPACA was claimed to be a great thing that would, at the very least, continue similar profits for insurance companies (because of the individual mandate) even with the pre-existing conditions mandatory acceptance--it was supposed to balance out while even claiming to reduce the cost for individuals and families.

Now, to anyone only pretending to pay attention, that sounded like an awesome plan, but for those able to use critical-thinking skills, that was a plan that was obviously designed to fail, because the amount and cost of pre-existing condition insurance buyers would far outweigh the money brought in by forced participation. This was called out from the start by some people, just to get accused of wanting to throw granny off of a cliff.

Now it appears that all of the grandmas in many places around the country are being thrown off of a cliff BECAUSE of the PPACA, not in spite of it. The predictable irony would be highly amusing if it weren't such a serious issue.

People who were whining about the PPACA being written by or for the benefit of insurance companies weren't paying attention--it was written for the benefit of the federal government, plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Exactly. They're now able to hold the country hostage for a bill that benefits then even more. They've got the base with the ACA. Now they can just build on that.

Like I said before, look at the AHCA. It was pretty much designed to be even more beneficial to the insurance companies. And if it had been proposed a year from now when people are desperate it probably would have passed.

Unfortunately for them Trump getting elected forced them to move up their timetable.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This is all because the government is trying to make heath insurance affordable instead of making healthcare affordable.

The aca was a lousy bloated bill that nobody had time to read or understand.

Exactly! the problem we have is the malpractice insurance industry is making billions, and who foots the bill ? we do! so that's why you have fat insurance companies and fat lawyers that refuse to change the system

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join