It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACA is Imploding - Places Where NO ObamaCare Plans Will Be Available for 2018.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Your projections are assuming that MEDICARE will not be available, or utilized?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Latest Info from the U.S. Government's department of Health and Human Services.

1.) The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) today announced 141 individual market qualified health plan (QHP) issuers submitted initial applications to offer coverage using the Federally-facilitated Exchange eligibility and enrollment platform in 2018. At the initial filing deadline last year, 227 issuers submitted an application compared to 141 this year, a 38 percent drop in filings.

Source: www.cms.gov...

-AND-

2.) Recent health care coverage gains are beginning to fade at the edges, as 2 million more Americans, mainly the young, and also healthy middle-income Americans, became uninsured this year, according to a major new survey. Premium increases paired with the potential for high out-of-pocket expenses, make owning ObamaCare insurance plans less attractive this year.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

If the Senate passes the current Repeal-Replace bill, both of the above problems will improve, relatively quickly.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
July 21, 2017

Here is the updated map from Government, that displays how ObamaCare coverage is shrinking in America.

www.cms.gov...

But ObamaCare is doing "just fine", says 56% of Democrats in this country. Unreal.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
August 1, 2017

While our elected leaders argue over what directions to take with health insurance and health care in America, major insurance companies continue to abandon money-losing counties and states.

Today, Anthem Blue Cross began its promised nationwide reassessment, by focusing on California. It will be leaving 153,000 of it's California customers hanging out to dry at 12:01am on January 1, 2018.

Full Story: www.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Molina Healthcare just announced that they will not be in Wisconsin Utah and much of Washington state after the end of this year. Losing too much money on Obamacare customers.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Didn't Trump pay them the subsidy money they wanted? So not only have they threatened the federal government, they took the subsidy, and still they left. Good riddance. There are always insurers who are willing to sell.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Didn't Trump pay them the subsidy money they wanted? So not only have they threatened the federal government, they took the subsidy, and still they left. Good riddance. There are always insurers who are willing to sell.

John McCain and Susan Collins did the same thing in the healthcare negotiations. They made very specific demands. Those demands were agreed to. The party-traitors voted against ObamaCare repeal anyway.

On a more thread-specific note, AETNA just announced that it's withdrawing from ObamaCare in all 50 states, on 12.31.2017.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

And when it does fail it will be completely republicans fault. You republicans control all 3 houses, congress, senate, white and you still can't accomplish squat. You buffoon in chief openly says he's gonna let it fail. But rather than FIX IT you a-holes are gonna do nothing.
edit on 3-8-2017 by richapau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't think the health industry industry should be subsidized. If poor people can't afford health insurance, then they should ask those billionaires to pay for it. Bill Gates says he loves helping the poor. What has he ever done for the poor? Talking is easy. Let's see him walk the walk.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Bill Gates says he loves helping the poor. What has he ever done for the poor? Talking is easy. Let's see him walk the walk.

bill gates has released his taxes showing millions in charitable donations while the current president scams dying cancer kids out of money.
not sure if you're being sarcy or serious.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Anthem blue cross leaves nevada and the black part of georgia.

hotair.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
One is either a leeching bloodsucking no account individual stealing others money or derives a dishonest decietful living from the current system in order to support healthcare as it now exists.

Condoning the outright theft of money from working Americans to support your living or taking an individually advantageous situation and perpetuating theft deserves ostrification and social dunning.

The medical industry is counting on you bloodsuckers and hangers on to make sure the theft not only continues but is codified and accelerated, along with bought n paid politicians.

Harsh words, but true.

You people will insist this charade goes on until all Americans are impoverished when the economy tanks from the dead weight of non productive expenditures ad infintum.

Those need do wells who call for single payer or derivatives of such deserve a special place in hell for not ever insisting on anti-trust laws being upheld on an industry that overcharges an average 80% across the board - instead your ok that someone, anyone, else, other people, not me, not myself or I ever have to pay an honest price.

Instead you want to codify the theft, again as long as it's thee and not me who pays.

Me, I can't unknow the levels of corruption and theft I'm aware of to forgive anyone participating in such system - anyone!!!

Folks need wake "F" up and shut this hydra down by not participating at all.

2-3 years after it'll be what you desire

Continue as is and it'll consume all of us.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

When the next phases of obamacare kick in, millions of employees will feel the pain of this hideous law.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Even family members just don't get it!!!

My older sister who has disability and medicare plus benefits from quasi- governmental regional bus company takes complete advantage without inkling of thought for who pays in the end.

She had arm and shoulder pain, which she knew I had last year. Told her then it was disc compression in neck putting pressure on nerves - two $45 out of pocket visits to chiropractor relieved the problem nicely. Told her it's probably hereditary in heads up way.

She had same crop up recently and went to emergency room thinking it was cardiac, they of course put her through the whole regime of testing - results, nothing wrong.

Billing was $7000+ which she did not have to pay a penny of - she still does not want to hear a chiropractic visit would help at $45-$90 total cost because heaven forbid she'd have to pay it out of pocket.

This is our problem right here stated from a personal standpoint.

To this day she believes she had every right to "free" care "just in case" and cannot fathom alternatives.

I can only shake my head and extrapolate this to a national level.

Hospital made out like a bandit. Somewhere somehow everyone pays.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It sounds like you are much healthier than your sister. Being on Medicare disability, and likely communicating with others who are, has taught her how to "game the system". Most likely your family income is higher than hers is. Those $45 co-pays might be a big "hit" to her weekly budget.

A lot of people and their physicians know that the government is ripe for being abused, and milk everything they can out of it. Yesterday, I happened to eat Dinner in a Milwaukee restaurant where the window was next to the handicapped parking spots. Every single person that parked in those spots was nowhere near being handicapped that I could see. Maybe you get those rearview mirror handicapped placards for MENTAL disabilities now?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
UPDATE:

As of 8.8.2017, here's a list of Health Insurance companies that offer ObamaCare plans for 2017, who will NOT offer any, or many, ObamaCare health plans for 2018, in various parts of the country.

Companies pulling back from ObamaCare in 2018: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Anthem Blue Cross just announced that its leaving the state of Virginia at the end of this year.

I believe there are several counties surrounding Washington DC that will not have any individual/family health insurance available.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Anthem Blue Cross is Virginia's largest ObamaCare insurer. More than 206,000 families will be "kicked off" their current health plans at the end of this year.

The two health insurance companies remaining in the state of Virginia, Optima Health and Cigna, are raising their premiums 40-55%.

Source Link: www.richmond.com... a04b711edb30.html
edit on 8/12/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
August 17, 2017

As of January 1, 2018, the entire state of IOWA will only have ONE ACA-ObamaCare health insurance company. Realizing that they are going to have to pick up the Iowa teenager who has a $1.1 Million monthly medical bill, MEDICA insurance is now requesting a HUGE 57% rate increase for 2018.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The Governor of Indiana announced this week that two insurers had stepped up to serve the four counties there that needed a new option. We can take Indiana off the worry list.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join