It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACA is Imploding - Places Where NO ObamaCare Plans Will Be Available for 2018.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
April 4, 2017

Rather than a massive implosion of the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare) on a national basis, it's looking like there will be a region-by-region melt-down of this horrible law, resulting in growing numbers of citizens suffering with NO COVERAGE OPTIONS.

With the time nearing for Health Insurers to submit their 2018 ObamaCare participation intentions to HHS (Health and Human Services), some have already reached their breaking-point, and have opted-out.

United Healthcare and Aetna have already stated that they will NOT participate in ObamaCare nationwide for 2018. This leaves large swaths across most states with only 1 health insurance choice, for individuals and families.

In the Knoxville, Tennessee region, there is only one choice RIGHT NOW. That's Humana health insurance company. Yesterday, Humana announced that it was pulling out of the 16 county Knoxville region on 12/31/2017. This will leave +40,000 individuals and families with NO health insurance, and NO options to buy health insurance, as of January 1, 2018.

Full Story: money.cnn.com...

Even more ominous, the nations largest (remaining) ObamaCare health insurance carrier, Anthem Blue Cross, is also planning to abandon most of it's 144 markets, across 14 states, at the end of this year. Anthem was a proponent of the American Health Care Act (AHCA) ObamaCare Repeal-Replace bill. But after the Republicans shelved it without a vote, Anthem indicated that it's had enough of annual losses, due to ObamaCare customer's medical claims.

Anthem Blue Cross..going...going..: www.fool.com...

If Anthem bails, I'll be adding many more "NO PLANS AVAILABLE FOR ________" posts to this thread, and begin asking ATS members to contact your Congressional representatives.

Let's hope that President Trump is sincere in his promise that EVERY AMERICAN will be covered by a "beautiful, wonderful, health plan" to start 2018. Because, if there's no intervention by Congress, ObamaCare's absence in many parts of the country next year will LITERALLY cause people to die.

-CareWeMust
edit on 4/5/2017 by carewemust because: wording adjustments

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Let me guess...

It's Bush's fault.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The insurance companies are run by cockroaches.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Blue cross/blue shield is a biggie. Paul ryan better hurry and draft a new trumpcare

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Heaven forbid that the admin might choose to drop "repeal and replace" and work on fixing the damn thing. Because it can be fixed.

Oh wait, that would mean admitting that both the congressional majority and the administration have no idea what they're doing.

Never mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Bye bye Obamacare.

Knoxville first place to go

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

ok good. I enjoyed the wild west days I grew up in. Made a person actually want to try and live healthy. God forbid we don't knowingly voluntarily poison ourselves with pollution scientifically demonstrated to cost us our health!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

God forbid we don't knowingly voluntarily poison ourselves with pollution scientifically demonstrated to cost us our health!

Speaking of which (though off topic).

FamVeld/iStock

UPDATE (3-29-2017): EPA director Scott Pruitt signed an order denying the agency's own proposal to ban chlorpyrifos, according to a Wednesday afternoon press release. "We need to provide regulatory certainty to the thousands of American farms that rely on chlorpyrifos, while still protecting human health and the environment,” Pruitt said in a written statement. “By reversing the previous Administration’s steps to ban one of the most widely used pesticides in the world, we are returning to using sound science in decision-making – rather than predetermined results.”

www.motherjones.com...

Guess who sells chlorpyrifos?
Trump announces Dow Chemical CEO as head of America Manufacturing Council
edit on 4/5/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What are you supposed to do if the grasshoppers are eating your crops or the armyworm is killing your canola, hire migrants to go squish em?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Of course not. You send those migrants out into those fields with sprayers.

But you haven't been here that long so you may miss what some may see as a reversal of my position. But it isn't.

But again, off topic.

www.epa.gov...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

and what are some less harmful alternatives to these allegedly toxic pesticides?? I m curious, I just try to buy organic. Re they for specific types of crops, all purpose general, are they a base ingredient in different pesticides?? I must know more.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Off topic, sorry.
Not that I don't have things to say about it.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
"Affordable" Health Care Act?"
I'm going to need a doctor to stop my uncontrollable laughter.
They should call it the "Raping of Money and Screw You if You're In Need of Medical Attention Act."
I've got a good sharp knife and some moonshine.
I'll do my own damned appendectomy.

edit on 5-4-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Yeah. ACA. A big, bold plan. Keyword being plan, which neither the Administration or House seem to neither have actually have been developing or have.

So, fix the problems with the plan instead of repealing and replacing it with...what? Bad idea? Seems that when people start to consider the alternative...

www.smallbusinessmajority.org...
www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Heaven forbid that the admin might choose to drop "repeal and replace" and work on fixing the damn thing. Because it can be fixed.

Phage, how do you think they should fix it?

I'm curious as to your position and thinking on this one, so please do share?

No, I'm not mocking you, I'm genuinely curious.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

The largest inhibitor to the ACA would seem to be the ability for states to opt out of extended Medicare, thus reducing incentive for participation in those states.

I think working from that issue would be a start. I don't know how that could be implemented but...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

Blue cross/blue shield is a biggie. Paul ryan better hurry and draft a new trumpcare

My thoughts exactly. President Trump had better bone-up on his Closing the Deal books, roll up his sleeves and get to work on making it happen.

My gut feeling is that they'll be close to a deal before leaving for the 2-week Easter recess this Friday. After a few chummy town-halls, the Republicans will lose their spines again, and return to gridlock on April 17th.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Bye bye Obamacare.

Knoxville first place to go

And in the neighboring state of Georgia, Anthem Blue Cross is the ONLY health insurance option in 96 of the state's 159 counties. If Anthem leaves...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

ok good. I enjoyed the wild west days I grew up in. Made a person actually want to try and live healthy. God forbid we don't knowingly voluntarily poison ourselves with pollution scientifically demonstrated to cost us our health!

In some areas, you'd have to avoid drinking water, or even showering in it, to prevent skin absorption.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Oh wait, that would mean admitting that both the congressional majority and the administration have no idea what they're doing.

Never mind.

It was never intended to work. They spent 17 months on this thing and its garbage. It was designed to fail, just in time for Hillary's presidency, and usher in a single payer system.
edit on 5-4-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join