It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren And Equal Pay Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

So yesterday was Equal Pay Day.

Equal Pay Day was started by the National Committee on Pay Equity (NCPE) in 1996 to highlight the gap between men and women's wages. Equal Pay Day is held every April to symbolize how far into the year women need to work to make what men did in the previous year, according to the NCPE. It is always on Tuesday to "represent how far into the next work week women must work to earn what men earned the previous week." In other words, because women earn less on average, they must work longer for the same pay.

Another excuse to skip work and hate on the patriarchy (especially POTUS) in the name of raising the wages of women in the US. One usually associates the fight for women's wages with the liberal progressive ideology, which is probably why most people participating in yesterday's march voted for Clinton.

But today I want to talk about Elizabeth Warren, because yesterday at 4:58 in the morning The Washington Free Beacon decided to kick off Equal Pay Day by reporting that Elizabeth Warren’s Female Staffers Made 71% of Male Staffers’ Salaries in 2016:

The gender pay gap in Sen. Elizabeth Warren's (D., Mass.) office is nearly 10 percent wider than the national average, meaning women in the Massachusetts Democrat's office will have to wait longer than most women across the country to recognize Equal Pay Day.

Equal Pay Day, created two decades ago by the National Committee on Pay Equity, is scheduled by using the Census Bureau annual unadjusted gender pay gap to determine how far into the next year women would have to work to match annual earnings of men. Last year's figures, showing that women earned 79.6 percent of what men earned, put Equal Pay Day on Tuesday April 4, more than three months into the calendar year.

However, women working for Warren were paid just 71 cents for every dollar paid to men during the 2016 fiscal year, according to a Washington Free Beacon analysis.

The median annual earnings for women staffers, $52,750, was more than $20,000 less than the median annual earnings for men, $73,750, according to the analysis of publicly available Senate data.

When calculated using average salaries rather than median, the pay gap expands to just over $26,051, or about 31 percent.

Isn't it ironic?

Liberals get the pass from female wage liberators when in fact it's conservatism that would allow for the wage gap to rise naturally, as opposed overbearing regulation and a white house policy that's founded on social justice which would try to force the change onto society whilst simultaneously maligning wages in order to reward victims as opposed to achievers.

And then you have Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton, & Barack Obama, who all seem to live by do as I say, not as I do.

Is anyone surprised?

How about anyone on the left?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I suppose she has cute guys working in her office so she pays them better than the women.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

So yesterday was Equal Pay Day.

Equal Pay Day was started by the National Committee on Pay Equity (NCPE) in 1996 to highlight the gap between men and women's wages. Equal Pay Day is held every April to symbolize how far into the year women need to work to make what men did in the previous year, according to the NCPE. It is always on Tuesday to "represent how far into the next work week women must work to earn what men earned the previous week." In other words, because women earn less on average, they must work longer for the same pay.

Another excuse to skip work and hate on the patriarchy (especially POTUS) in the name of raising the wages of women in the US. One usually associates the fight for women's wages with the liberal progressive ideology, which is probably why most people participating in yesterday's march voted for Clinton.

But today I want to talk about Elizabeth Warren, because yesterday at 4:58 in the morning The Washington Free Beacon decided to kick off Equal Pay Day by reporting that Elizabeth Warren’s Female Staffers Made 71% of Male Staffers’ Salaries in 2016:

The gender pay gap in Sen. Elizabeth Warren's (D., Mass.) office is nearly 10 percent wider than the national average, meaning women in the Massachusetts Democrat's office will have to wait longer than most women across the country to recognize Equal Pay Day.

Equal Pay Day, created two decades ago by the National Committee on Pay Equity, is scheduled by using the Census Bureau annual unadjusted gender pay gap to determine how far into the next year women would have to work to match annual earnings of men. Last year's figures, showing that women earned 79.6 percent of what men earned, put Equal Pay Day on Tuesday April 4, more than three months into the calendar year.

However, women working for Warren were paid just 71 cents for every dollar paid to men during the 2016 fiscal year, according to a Washington Free Beacon analysis.

The median annual earnings for women staffers, $52,750, was more than $20,000 less than the median annual earnings for men, $73,750, according to the analysis of publicly available Senate data.

When calculated using average salaries rather than median, the pay gap expands to just over $26,051, or about 31 percent.

Isn't it ironic?

Liberals get the pass from female wage liberators when in fact it's conservatism that would allow for the wage gap to rise naturally, as opposed overbearing regulation and a white house policy that's founded on social justice which would try to force the change onto society whilst simultaneously maligning wages in order to reward victims as opposed to achievers.

And then you have Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton, & Barack Obama, who all seem to live by do as I say, not as I do.

Is anyone surprised?

The pay gap is just bad liberal math. They compare the average or median woman's salary to the average or median of men's. The fallacy is that these numbers would be equal. Of course, anyone with any common sense would point out that the numbers won't be equal because men tend to have higher paying jobs on average than women.

You'd need to get more granular in the analysis to really determine if there is any appreciable pay gaps between men and women by drilling down to work experience, job types, industry, education levels, etc. Of course, when this type of analysis is actually performed, the pay gap mysteriously disappears. Who woulda thunk?!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

(Watching silently, quietly nibbling my first popcorn kernel)....

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Pretty sure I've seen many threads on this subject and also seen many debunking a of the stats...

However I'm sitting in a bar having a drink and couldn't care less about looking it up...But yea I know many women who made more than me or got hired on in higher position than I who were less qualified just because they were prettier to look at so I guess it goes both ways...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You shouldnt drink and ats, thats dangerous

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The pay gap is just bad liberal math. They compare the average or median woman's salary to the average or median of men's. The fallacy is that these numbers would be equal. Of course, anyone with any common sense would point out that the numbers won't be equal because men tend to have higher paying jobs on average than women.

Agreed. Most of these studies have systematically structured their statistical analysis so that they yield the results that they ultimately end up peddling to the public in the name of objective reporting.

a reply to: RickyD

However I'm sitting in a bar having a drink and couldn't care less about looking it up...

Classic.

a reply to: Idreamofme

Who's going to stop him? The mods? They're probably drinking right now, too.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Who's going to stop him? The mods? They're probably drinking right now, too.

I'd argue, at times, the only way I can handle this site is after a few drinks, lately.

Just to take the edge off.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Try working late ladies.

Make sacrifices.

#NotAll

I just finished a 12 hour shift.
edit on 5-4-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
oh and heres laughing at a fraud who stole scholarships from real actual native american indians.

Ha. Ha.

Rot in a grave already you hack.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

wow this lady is a super hypocrite. May she rot in hell with Diane Frankenstein and Hitlery Killton!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Try working late ladies.

Make sacrifices.

#NotAll

I just finished a 12 hour shift.

Did you know it used to be illegal for women to work more then 12 hours a day? Even if they wanted to. Law made by men.

Oh, and I've done my 16 hour work days.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Dont wish that on hell

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Like why do we the public have to all pretend she isn't a pos?

It's like everyone having to pretend Bruce Jenner is a woman instead of a mentally ill homosexual.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Oh great grandma wants to get in a pissing contest...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Did you know it used to be illegal for women to work more then 12 hours a day? Even if they wanted to. Law made by men.

And who got that law repealed?

Women that were using the system that the patriarchal founding fathers of this country had established.

The fact that the law was eventually repealed is evidence that the system actually works.

edit on 4/5/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Facts in a convo.

Shocking.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Annee talking about how it use to be instead of how it is.

Shocking.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

The fact that the law was eventually repealed is evidence that the system actually works.

THIS! I just wish more people could understand this!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join