It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy instructor pilots refusing to fly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Cobham delivered the inhalation piece of the Aircrew-Mounted Physiological Sensing System to Wright-Patterson on Monday. The Navy will begin evaluation of the system, while waiting for the exhalation module in August.

AMPSS will plug into the mask, and will monitor everything from the respiration rate of the pilot, to oxygen and carbon dioxide levels. It will monitor everything that could cause hypoxia symptoms and will help to pinpoint a cause.

m.aviationweek.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm gobsmacked (yes, I used that word) that it is taking so long.

Congrats, NAVAIR, you have a sensor. Fix the dang problem.

Zaph. Thanks for the updates. I'm praying for my brothers and sisters in the air that they aren't killed by the very machines designed to protect us.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

Trust me, you aren't the only one. I honestly can't believe that all they've done to this point is pretty much take one apart on the ground. What the hell have they been waiting for? As soon as there was an upwards trend they should have taken random aircraft and instrumented the hell out of the oxygen system and pilots.

The only problem here is that they won't get the exhalation sensor until August, which means they don't have enough data until after their drop dead date.

How much do you want to bet that the data shows there isn't a system problem, but it's related to the pilots doing something?
edit on 6/15/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Russian aviators have no fear of there planes, maybe USA do good to buy some russian planes!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Thank you Admiral Obvious (him, not you).

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thunderfoot

Russian pilots don't fly enough for oxygen system problems, but they have plenty of engine failures.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Not true russian aviaters fly lots and in a real war the much stronger russian planes would easily defeat all the tinfoil planes of the usa. Russian planes are faster and have better toughness, not so weak that rough landing breaks their precious peices and they cannot fly into combat until parts are replaced.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Forget it, I'm not dragging this thread off topic any farther.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Its a wonder a court of inquiry hasnt been ordered yet..Its damn right criminal to let this go on much further.If not equipment maybe they look at the pilots.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I don't give a damn how complicated it is to nail down, it's inexcusable that all they've done is take it apart on the ground and change the mask.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Forget it, I'm not dragging this thread off topic any farther.
Nice way to avoid admitting russian superiority. I cannot make threads here it seems, you start a thread russian vs usa planes and we fight it out there and you see who is right and who is wrong, many statisitcs and evidence all say russian planes are faster with better armor. Your guided missiles might have over horizon for now but russian is catching up there as well. No american planes dare fly in russian airspace since we shoot down your U2 and capture the pilot to hold for ransom. America is not as strong in war as you have been told.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Neither is Russia.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Neither is Russia.
Russia and Turkey together are stronger than NATO and the USA.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's called "staying on topic", you should try it. I don't have to admit any such thing, because you're dreaming. Russian aircraft may out perform US aircraft in some areas, yes, but I've actually spoken to Russian pilots and they have serious reliability issues.

But that isn't the topic of this thread, and I'm not going to start a thread for you.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's called "staying on topic", you should try it. I don't have to admit any such thing, because you're dreaming. Russian aircraft may out perform US aircraft in some areas, yes, but I've actually spoken to Russian pilots and they have serious reliability issues.

But that isn't the topic of this thread, and I'm not going to start a thread for you.
Yes, and since you know new members cannot start threads you will hide behind shirttails and hope I do not come back to prove how wrong you are. There are no reliablity issues with Russian aircraft, they are stronger built, not out of tinfoil construction like an F35 joke that america brags at red flag in simulations until it has to meet russia in skies and see how long they can last. Not many hours, it will be a 15 to 1 the other way around and all top brass know it thats why they will back down over syria.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

You have more than enough posts to start a thread, so yeah, try a different excuse.

No reliability issues? Really? Nine aircraft lost in 8 weeks due to mechanical problems. The initial 16 Su-34s grounded because no two of them were built the same, and all required extensive rework. The AN-124 requires two minutes at full power, on the end of the runway to see if an engine fails.

Just a few example of the "no reliability issues".

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Back on track here,

inexcusable that all they've done is take it apart on the ground and change the mask.

Exactly
Off topic here..
Mig29
edit on 15-6-2017 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Actually, the Su-25s did have oxygen problems (see other thread).

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So anyway, with luck, an adult in the Pentagon will decide to put sensors into every oxygen system, regardless of if they've shown problems or not.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join