It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of gender-segregated Muslim school bus leaves Swedish authorities fuming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
a reply to: SprocketUK

Having sex with someone whenever and however you want, with no regard to their wishes is pretty much the definition of rape,

I'll repeat,
that verse refers to sex with wives. Not "sex with someone whenever and however you want".

and, if you force your wife to have sex when she doesn't want to, that is rape.

why is it so hard for you to understand?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Having sex with someone whenever and however you want, with no regard to their wishes is pretty much the definition of rape,

I'll repeat,
that verse refers to sex with wives. Not "sex with someone whenever and however you want".

So Lorena Bobbit should've been stoned to death?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I'll repeat,

and, if you force your wife to have sex when she doesn't want to, that is rape.

why is it so hard for you to understand?

There is no reasoning with the brainwashed.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It can be fun to try tho
edit on 21pSat, 08 Apr 2017 13:42:21 -050020172017-04-08T13:42:21-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
That verse has nothing to do with rape.

Try again

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That verse has nothing to do with rape.

Try again

So tell us what you think it means then?

because which ever way I read it, it sounds rapey.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I already explained what it meant.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

when you said it pertains to sex with wives?

is that what you call an explanation?

so do you believe that a husband always has the right to force his wife into sex even if she absolutely doesn't want it?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The verse has nothing to do with rape or forced sex

Why do you lie?
edit on 8-4-2017 by firefromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

its obvious who the liar here is

you should be on a register if you believe any of that rubbish.

ETA your failure to expand or clarify tells its own story.

You may think your sura pertains to normal men, but it absolutely does not. Only to sickos and freaks who need gelding

edit on 36pSat, 08 Apr 2017 15:32:36 -050020172017-04-08T15:32:36-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Absolute madness. I do not get how a government lets this happen. If I had any position in power in a country like Sweden, I would not sleep a night before I literally removed this from the country. Being a person not in power, infuriates me because there is nothing one person can do without position.

Sweden really need to grow some balls and do something about this pronto!

I have visited Sweden before, what a beautiful place full of beautiful people kind and genuine. Yet they get screwed over like this, sometimes have to be cruel to be kind.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

You're just reading things into the verse.

You are not looking for clarification or explanation.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I find it lovely that this is a story about the Islamic faith. Yet so many in the thread supposedly from more enlightened countries have laid the blame at the feet of women. Its these nasty feminists who want equality, its all their fault.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I asked you to clarify what you thought it meant and you refused to. What else am I supposed to think?
Do you believe this sura is still relevant in the 21st century?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The problem here is similar to almost all religions, male/female are out of balance. There isn't a female prophet for the women, so a woman might read their Quran from their perspective something along the lines of "Your men want to be with you in your fields, so receive them any way you like". If a male muslim would abuse the teachings, there would be room for women to do the same out of selfdefence. Not perfect but we are developing life, we don't have all the answers and are still learning. The same might be said for other religions like Christianity. Only a few beliefs are slightly different, like buddhist schools of taught have female saints and masters and highly regarded texts (the Therigatha). Although buddhism is a mans world too.

If only our ancestors understood a mans spiritual journey is not meant for females and vice versa. Women should have their own. Then we might have a 3rd component where the journey might lead to, a spiritual place where men and women could meet.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CoolBuzz

That makes sense. Though I am much happier leaving religion as a private thing and allowing society to be totally secular. That seems the best way to protect everyone's rights against such outdated thoughts.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join