It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we detected the first signs of Alien Technology?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Sounds very interesting I am thinking I have heard this before somewhere about such signals but I do love this line from your post.

"Scientists estimate that the odds of humanity being the only civilization in the universe are less than one chance in about “10 billion trillion.”

Yet still some scientists deny that life could exist. It seems just like a old person who has studied his books and no longer wants to accept anything new but his books.

We exist therefore other life exists. Period.

Good Post !

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It's possible. Are there any natural ways in the universe these bursts could originate?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

The reason that alien's are contacting us now is because we finally have a president who can handle interstelar diplomacy. Thank God President Trump is in office and not that Kenyan born imposter (King Hussein Obama).

Its probably an invitation to join some broader galactic federation.

It makes me proud to be american.

It should be noted that if these transmissions really ARE alien in nature, due to the speed of light and the compounding of time, these transmissions likely originated hundreds of thousands of years ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

appologies - but i switched off at :

millisecond long pulses of radio light originating

to save my sanity

i agree with you and you might be right, but think of it this way, it might be a chunk of data compressed to be gathered in this tiny amount of time, given the fact that every planet in this whole universe has to rotate around its axis and by doing so you miss the target if your message is longer than a millisecond, just think about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

That's not exactly the way it works. Of course, you can believe whatever you want.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
The fact that they caught one of these actually repeating is very interesting.

If these Fast Radio Bursts are recorded, can't we slow them down enough to analyze anything about them? We might actually hear an imbedded language of some type.

Still a ton of mysteries out there in the Universe aren't there? As a kid, I used to love reading about mysteries of space. Then, over time, mankind started solving them, and it appeared that the only mysteries left were those that average people (like me) couldn't/didn't care to, understand. (strings, quarks, dark matter, etc..)

Now, with those 7 Earth-like planets around one star, and these Fast Radio Bursts, mysteries that are exciting to non-scientists are re-appearing once again!

They will be a set of instructions on how to build a giant washing machine that we have to throw Jodie Foster into (LOL!)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

That's not exactly the way it works. Of course, you can believe whatever you want.

Well it does work like that sadly. You can throw whatever you wish into the pot and conjure up theories that blanket science wishes people to believe but that only aids the blanket deception and yes, deception.

I have heard all the various versions of what we are, what we know and what could be and fact is if complex exists here then then it can certainly exist anywhere else just the same as here. Earth is no special place, to us it seems so but it certainly is not. Our future will discover plentiful earth copies as already been discovered visually in the depths of space and we will certainly find copies of ourselves in so many words.

Religion has done a good enough job at slowing our progression already, don't aid it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Sounds very interesting I am thinking I have heard this before somewhere about such signals but I do love this line from your post.

"Scientists estimate that the odds of humanity being the only civilization in the universe are less than one chance in about “10 billion trillion.”

Yet still some scientists deny that life could exist. It seems just like a old person who has studied his books and no longer wants to accept anything new but his books.

Good Post !

Good points!

I think it's obvious life exists on other planets and some may have advanced to where they don't really need planets. I think recent discoveries leave very little doubt that Aliens exist.

It's egocentric and closed minded to think the constants of nature limit life in our universe to one planet. I can see saying this in 1965 but based on what we know now, there's very little doubt that life in the universe is more widespread and not just limited to one planet.
edit on 5-4-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Earth is no special place, to us it seems so but it certainly is not.

I'm reasonably sure there is only one Earth, but those Star Trek episodes would suggest otherwise.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I'm reasonably sure there is only one Earth, but those Star Trek episodes would suggest otherwise.

You like to watch star trek? Isnt that like star wars but even worse..... I wouldnt know, don't watch either.

warning: dont tilt head to side, something may fall out.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
An alien civilization capable of producing incredibly powerful coherent beam of photons would definitely possess faster-than-light technology. It's either coming from the braking sequence of their motherships or another technology with unknown purpose, perhaps, a weapon or communication system.

In addition to my earlier statement, anyone with the scientific knowledge and capability to either create a sustainable nuclear reaction or a working nuclear weapon have already reached the stage of being able to develop practical interstellar travel either at relativistic speed or faster-than-light....

The earliest period we had the science for interstellar travel was as far back as 1861 (late 19th century) in the form of James Clerk Maxwell's version of EM Relativity. In fact, some of my untested concepts took directly from Maxwell's EM Relativity theory and few other key pieces that were invented in the 1930's like the very powerful "Bitter Electromagnet" and a few of my own. The scientific principle is just the same as the units that I have tested that worked successfully. However, the untested "Maxwell Version" of my concept is potentially many orders of magnitude more powerful and could possibly warp space. The reason I haven't done it yet due to the expense but much more importantly, I need to move somewhere rural, a wide open space for safety which is unforthcoming due to presence of rebel factions.

It could have been easily invented as early as the late 1930's.....If someone had a crazy and desperate enough need to reach the stars or simply subjugate the whole world.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

An alien civilization capable of producing incredibly powerful coherent beam of photons would definitely possess faster-than-light technology. It's either coming from the braking sequence of their motherships or another technology with unknown purpose, perhaps, a weapon or communication system.

In addition to my earlier statement, anyone with the scientific knowledge and capability to either create a sustainable nuclear reaction or a working nuclear weapon have already reached the stage of being able to develop practical interstellar travel either at relativistic speed or faster-than-light....

The earliest period we had the science for interstellar travel was as far back as 1861 (late 19th century) in the form of James Clerk Maxwell's version of EM Relativity. In fact, some of my untested concepts took directly from Maxwell's EM Relativity theory and few other key pieces that were invented in the 1930's like the very powerful "Bitter Electromagnet" and a few of my own. The scientific principle is just the same as the units that I have tested that worked successfully. However, the untested "Maxwell Version" of my concept is potentially many orders of magnitude more powerful and could possibly warp space. The reason I haven't done it yet due to the expense but much more importantly, I need to move somewhere rural, a wide open space for safety which is unforthcoming due to presence of rebel factions.

It could have been easily invented as early as the late 1930's.....If someone had a crazy and desperate enough need to reach the stars or simply subjugate the whole world.

Theres alot to interstellar craft including life support. The invention of a nuclear bomb doesnt mean you can do it. Hell in the 1960s they just barely pulled it off because they invented the computer.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

You a party pooper.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Theres alot to interstellar craft including life support. The invention of a nuclear bomb doesnt mean you can do it. Hell in the 1960s they just barely pulled it off because they invented the computer.

I think the reason they barely pulled it off in the 60's is not because the lack of high performance digital computers but because of the insidious inefficiency of rockets.....

The insidious inefficiency of the rockets presented enormous (and extremely expensive) engineering challenge for the space program and left very narrow margins for design as well as errors or mistakes in missions.

It prompted a requirement to automate manned missions (the irony!) to save fuel which required a high performance digital computer (by 60's standard).

The rocket technology is just bad, very bad..... Sometimes makes me think if ex-Nazi scientists that went to NASA and CCCP who seem really really happy is doing it to sabotage both USA and USSR!
edit on 6-4-2017 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Vogons.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Suspect Sky slapped together a great presentation regarding the FRB phenomena and you can check it out at his Youtube channel. It´s a bit old, but still very relevent, especially in relationship to the original post.
This video really deserves some attention!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: fockewulf190
Suspect Sky slapped together a great presentation regarding the FRB phenomena and you can check it out at his Youtube channel. It´s a bit old, but still very relevent, especially in relationship to the original post.
This video really deserves some attention!

Look at the palm of both your hands, it will look familiar.....

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Of course there is only one Earth but probably very many Earth-like planets.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Your posts here are extremely interesting.

Where are you doing your work?

And for whom? A general answer is fine as long as it points to the "right church", so to speak...

There is one group with whom you should be working if you wish to make any real progress. You know who I'm talking about, correct?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

warning: dont tilt head to side, something may fall out.

It won't be aliens.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join