It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the image the rest of the world saw on Inauguration Day (graphic photo)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
No one deserves to be killed, end of story.

link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Yes, they had NO CLUE who we were.....sorry, but self-inflicted...

So if a man shoots at you ,you will remain calm will you?
You wont panic?
Tell me you are as hard as steel and wouldnt blink go on!
Listen mate, no matter what happened the whole thing is WRONG!
You cant justify anything in iraq!

link   

Would you rather wait untill Saddam had a bomb to drop here? Would that be a good enough reason then?

Saddam NEVER had the bomb. Didnt have any facilities to produce a bomb, and if he bought one, he NEVER would have used it because he had 1 and we have 10,000 of them. Deny ignorance man.

Is the world a better place with out him?

Man, I am so sick of hearing this rhetoricl question. Every time a conservative is backed up agianst the wall regarding the legalities of the war, they throw this in your face.
Let me tell you a secret. I was in the first gulf war. I know the attrocities he has committed. I have seen the devistation this man caused with my own eyes. I have seen more dead bodies floating in the middle of the ocean then you could even imagine. I know the world is better off without him. That is not the issue here. The issue is we stuck our nose where it did not belong. He posed NO threat to us. period.

This isnt about greed or oil. Its about control.

Yes, your right about that. And he apparently has more controle over you then you will ever admit.

edited to add:

Alls that got us was 3000+ dead americans at the bottom on NYC. This isnt about greed or oil. Its about control. These people were helpless to do it themselves.

Are you serious? Iraq didnt have anything to do with 9-11. You better go watch something besides Fox News, because most of the 19 hijackers were Saudi Arabian.

[edit on 2/2/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigredenquirer
Spliff Bloke,
I find it hard to understand where you are comng from (though this may be because anything you say suffers from the distraction of that stupid animated pic to the left). I agree with the others. Do you seriously suggest Europe does not understand war? And also the point of them not stopping, as has already been pointed out...Your troops, and ours from Britain for that matter, should not be there stopping them in the first place. Your response along the lines of "we are there so deal with it" is inadequate, surely?

At what point did i EVER say that europeans dont understand war? NEVER. My point is that all they show is repeated images of war. Never a good glimpse. My point is that not only are we there for us, but for the rest of the world.

Unless your a MUSLIM, your the ENEMY to them. They will kill you just as quick as look at you. What I dont understand is the sympathy for them. They murder kids daily, and use them as instruments to kill. And yes, we have every reason in the world to be there. Maybe you cant understand that, unless it was your mother that was raped by Uday, or it was your brother who had his back and soles of feet beaten untill he bled, then soaked in raw sewage for loosing a soccer match.

Can you honestly say that the world is not a better place without Saddam and his crew? The sooner these idiots quiting throwing cheap shots at our soldiers, the quicker we get out of there. But do they stop? No. Will they win? No. Alls that we want to do, is get Saddam out and give them their country back, but thanks to the world wide media, the flame gets fanned everyday.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Let's face it, the way the U.S. and it's bullying little friends are running the world is sickening and don't be fooled by anyone, there's more of it to come.

They are going to rampage across the globe taking control of wherever and whatever they want and there's nothing anyone can do about it. And the last thing on their minds is innocent victims.

As Bush said "I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign-policy matters with war on my mind".

Frankly, that says it all.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Would you rather wait untill Saddam had a bomb to drop here? Would that be a good enough reason then?

Saddam NEVER had the bomb. Didnt have any facilities to produce a bomb, and if he bought one, he NEVER would have used it because he had 1 and we have 10,000 of them. Deny ignorance man.

Is the world a better place with out him?

Man, I am so sick of hearing this rhetoricl question. Every time a conservative is backed up agianst the wall regarding the legalities of the war, they throw this in your face.
Let me tell you a secret. I was in the first gulf war. I know the attrocities he has committed. I have seen the devistation this man caused with my own eyes. I have seen more dead bodies floating in the middle of the ocean then you could even imagine. I know the world is better off without him. That is not the issue here. The issue is we stuck our nose where it did not belong. He posed NO threat to us. period.

This isnt about greed or oil. Its about control.

Yes, your right about that. And he apparently has more controle over you then you will ever admit.

He never had the bomb, hmmmm. Think he wanted it? Think he was trying to get it? Think the sanctions were going to be lifted anyday? Yea he would have.

How can you say youve seen the atrocities first hand, but dont think we belong there? Its 2005 people, wake up. This is not the world we live in. My back isnt up against the wall either, its yours...We ARE there, and we are almost done. The people have voted and now its only a matter of time before we leave. Theres no American flag waving over Baghdad.

As far as the legalities, well, THEY DECLARED WAR ON US !!!! Saddam ignored every UN demand, and sat there thumbing his nose at us, untill we got him out of that hole he was hiding in...(Great Brave Warrior, indeed)...

I personally, think its wrong to wait untill we have more dead here. America is the most powerfull country in the world. We have every right to protect our interests. And leaders of the rest of the world have a responsiblity as well. If they dont live up to it, well, we will.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by USER
Let's face it, the way the U.S. and it's bullying little friends are running the world is sickening and don't be fooled by anyone, there's more of it to come.

They are going to rampage across the globe taking control of wherever and whatever they want and there's nothing anyone can do about it. And the last thing on their minds is innocent victims.

As Bush said "I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign-policy matters with war on my mind".

Frankly, that says it all.

Thats funny considering we've yet to erect a single American flag on any country. If you want an example of evil american intentions, look at Japan. After the war, we rebuilt them, gave them a constitution and a free land. Look at how that country is thriving today....ITS BECAUSE OF AMERICA !!!! We are not out to control anyone. We are out to irradicate the world of terrorists who want us to live in a 15th century Islamic state.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
People, face it, most of us don't understand the face of war. Unless you were out there fighting it yourself, you have no clue, and I hope to God you never will. In all honesty, I'm fine with Iraq and any other country we go to war with, even if we wrongly start it (which, btw, I don't beleieve for one second that we wrongly went to war)....because it means that its not HERE, where I don't have to choose between my own life and my 12 year old brother's. I won't even pretend to not be greatful about it. What does this have to do with everything? While the Irish papers are touting this article, Al Quaeda, to this day, still has bombings in France, Spain, hell, most of Europe. Go ahead and cry for the girl. Let's not forget all the other Terrorist groups in Europe. It's a DAILY BASIS thing for Europe. Effectively, your child's next. Go ahead and cry, you are not taking mine.

And yes, though this story is news, it was told as "propaganda" and "hype". Newspapers, when trying to report facts, are often too tied up in reopirting opinions.

And yes, I do cry fo the little girls who lost thier parents. Tell you what. When I get the financial stability, I'm going to adopt this girl and raise her as my own. Take her out of the situation altogether.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Covered, covered, and Covered!
U.S. Troops Kill Two Civilians in Iraq

seekerof

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Thats funny considering we've yet to erect a single American flag on any country. If you want an example of evil american intentions, look at Japan. After the war, we rebuilt them, gave them a constitution and a free land.

....Germany....
With many other countries i might add, also you might remember they are a diffrent people to the iraqi's so this situation is completely diffrent.
Diffrent times.

Look at how that country is thriving today....ITS BECAUSE OF AMERICA !!!!

Really?
So the whole british help the whole UN help and the whole they had smart people was nothing but a small percentage of the help?....

We are not out to control anyone. We are out to irradicate the world of terrorists who want us to live in a 15th century Islamic state.

Really, so how to define a "terrorist"?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
People, face it, most of us don't understand the face of war. Unless you were out there fighting it yourself, you have no clue, and I hope to God you never will. In all honesty, I'm fine with Iraq and any other country we go to war with, even if we wrongly start it (which, btw, I don't beleieve for one second that we wrongly went to war)....because it means that its not HERE, where I don't have to choose between my own life and my 12 year old brother's. I won't even pretend to not be greatful about it. What does this have to do with everything? While the Irish papers are touting this article, Al Quaeda, to this day, still has bombings in France, Spain, hell, most of Europe. Go ahead and cry for the girl. Let's not forget all the other Terrorist groups in Europe. It's a DAILY BASIS thing for Europe. Effectively, your child's next. Go ahead and cry, you are not taking mine.

And yes, though this story is news, it was told as "propaganda" and "hype". Newspapers, when trying to report facts, are often too tied up in reopirting opinions.

And yes, I do cry fo the little girls who lost thier parents. Tell you what. When I get the financial stability, I'm going to adopt this girl and raise her as my own. Take her out of the situation altogether.

Well put...I wish more people would open their eyes here. Its because of ww2 that you people even have the ability to sit and criticize us. Dont believe the brainwashing people. This war is neccesary....very neccesary.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Yes, they had NO CLUE who we were.....sorry, but self-inflicted...

So if a man shoots at you ,you will remain calm will you?
You wont panic?
Tell me you are as hard as steel and wouldnt blink go on!
Listen mate, no matter what happened the whole thing is WRONG!
You cant justify anything in iraq!

right all the way

Spliff wake up there is no justification for a stupid war.
Europe has seen a lot to not have understood the mindless destruction of war.

yes lot of people lost there lives in 911. not only american , mexican, british, indian, french but killing innocent civilian is no answer.

And it look like u will even defend vietnam.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Covered, covered, and Covered!
U.S. Troops Kill Two Civilians in Iraq

seekerof

As such,
thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join