It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DJ to be charged after Tunisia call to prayer remix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ut oh a British DJ is in deep doo doo for offending the public morality. How? By remixing the call to prayer that Muslim's use.

TUNIS: A British DJ faces charges in Tunisia of "offending public morality" after his set at a nightclub included a remixed recording of the Muslim call to prayer, a judicial source said Tuesday.

A video of the alleged incident, widely shared online since Sunday, shows clubbers dancing at the weekend in the northeastern town of Hammamet to music that includes the call to prayer.
www.dailystar.com.lb...

The DJ is not alone in his law breaking, the club owner will be charged too. The DJ, Daz J, said he was sorry. But it is unacceptable in the eyes of the religious affairs ministry.

Ylyes Miladi, a spokesman of a court in Grombalia, 40 kilometers (25 miles) southeast of Tunis, told AFP that three people including the DJ and the club owner were expected to be charged with "offending public morality."

He said the DJ had not yet been found by authorities.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Religious affairs ministry.... I see a lashing coming. The tolerance is amazing!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

But it is unacceptable in the eyes of the religious affairs ministry.

I agree with Advantage above. My thoughts were , WTF ?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Lashing if he is lucky. He better not get caught by the "towns people".

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, when in Rome. He should not have done it. Doesn't he know how serious Islam is? He is about to find out.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

If he gets caught by the peaceful towns folk, he may become separated from his head. This is no joke to many. He is not in Britain, he has no rights, well only the rights the religious leader say he does (none).

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If I were him I'd have been on a flight that very morning...Early...Like red-eye early. Also being a DJ he probably had other gigs to get to so probably didn't stick around anyway. Basically unless he was very dumb he got served a no go for that country and won't be playing there again...Or anywhere else that might extradite him.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

If he got out, he may have very well cheated death.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And that is why he should have used better judgement. But since he was in Tunisian, doing his thang in a nightclub, I am inclined to think that he is of the persuasion that Islam is cool and should be allowed free rein in his home country. Maybe I am wrong, but none the less you have to respect the culture you are trying to make money with.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Could very well be. It can go from fun to not fun in a very short and violent minute. People fail to realize that human rights are very different in Muslim countries, and you are correct. He should have used better judgement.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

When I was in Turkey I enjoyed it, but I never put myself in a precarious situation with the locals. They were actually very friendly and helpful, and the food was awesome. I do hope the kid gets out of there before any trials though.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
If he's smart he's already over to Malta by boat and on his way back to the UK. I don't think they'll extradite him for that crime. Kind of funny to us but probably not to any serious Muslim and especially not in their country.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

A lot of North African countries have badass clubs that are big places to play and pay well...I doubt he even cares about Islam or Christianity or any other religion...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I did something similar with the Islamic call to prayer. I reversed it and put it into a song I wrote. Good thing I'm in the U.S. (and that I haven't been playing that music in public). It really works for that particular song though, and I can't see removing it.

new topics

top topics

join