It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMBSHELL! Rep. Joaquin Castro Says Some Trump Associates Probably Going To Jail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WhereAreTheGoodguys

If there was any evidence of something illegal we would of seen it by now or it would of been leaked.

Perhaps that evidence has been leaked but we are only privy to it as "hearsay".

And what's committees is this guy on ? How would he be privy to know anything ?

He's on the Intelligence Committee, is he not?
edit on 4-4-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And how often does someone get punished? And I'll oust Lewinsky, non story to me.

But Bush deleting the White House server along with some sketchy wars should have been investigated. Obama overreaching powers with surveillance, drone strikes, bombing countries we were not at war with (five out of seven) and even trying to prosecute journalists.

This road has been paved by many administrations, the current one just enjoys the smooth roads.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
But... but... Republicans don't believe it! They are exactly the same as the Democrats that don't believe Susan Rice unmasked Trump associates. Although I will say that while Russia interfering in the election is a solid fact, this is still speculation.
edit on 04pmTue, 04 Apr 2017 19:16:24 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If there was any evidence of something illegal we would of seen it by now or it would of been leaked.

I don't know if he is, is he ? I just read his Wiki, super accurate =) But if he is why is he giving this info anyways while an investigation is still going and no trial has been done? He did say people are going to jail right ?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Actually the mere act of posting on political threads and answering to OPs in political forums is about you know, politics, so we all here at this time are playing politics.

Actually we are playing, commentators, reporters, political analyst, mediums, mind readers, palm readers, channeling and fortune readers.

Got to love the politics threads.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAreTheGoodguys

originally posted by: introvert

I don't know if he is, is he ? I just read his Wiki, super accurate =) But if he is why is he giving this info anyways while an investigation is still going and no trial has been done? He did say people are going to jail right ?

He did not give away any classified info. He gave his opinion, as being a member of a committee investigating the matter and has access to certain info.

I think it's best we wait and see what happens, before we dismiss what people have to say.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You can play politics and discuss the issues without being a hypocrite.
edit on 4-4-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What are you a hypocrite? I never thought that about you, but if you are calling yourself that, who am I to debate you.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
But... but... Republicans don't believe it! They are exactly the same as the Democrats that don't believe Susan Rice unmasked Trump associates. Although I will say that while Russia interfering in the election is a solid fact, this is still speculation.

I know how Democrats operate. They are so desperate to get rid of Trump that if they actually had the smoking gun proof of what they allege, they'd have it out and this would be a real impeachment by now because let's get real, plenty of the GOP in DC don't like him either.

That they haven't done it yet, says they either have nothing at all or have something that's only circumstantial at best which means their only real play is to keep the scandal machine rolling because the rumors and allegations are far more damaging than any real discovery could ever be.

And you would think with a scandal of this magnitude, they'd be all over special prosecutor, but you'll note that not a single Democrat has called for one. Why not? Because then the truth might actually come out and they likely know that ends their only real play at this point -- pushing Trump out of office the way they did Nixon. They can't impeach him, but they might be able to force him to resign.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'll be surprised if any politician gets more than a slap on the wrist for their crimes. Both parties are so dirty they wouldn't dare go after one another.

It doesn't help that every administration in the last few decades have had discrepancies at best. So if they start punishing now I'd be surprised.

Sometimes they do. Scooter Libby was convicted and got 30 months in prison but then Bush 43 commuted his sentence a few months later. There's a good list here: Wikipedia -List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes

My own personnal suspicion is that if there was collusion, it didn't involve anyone currently in a position within the Trump administration. When Manafort went, there was a pretty serious regime change with the entrance of the Mercer-connected folks who got their feet in the door with Conway (Bannon, Bossie, Rebekah Mercer on the transition team, etc).

I also don't see Roger Stone actually colluding with Russians for all his faults. I could be wrong though, he sure as hell has done some dirty s# in his day. I'm on the fence with Flynn.

Manafort is an obvious person of interest. A decade of working for the pro-Kremlin Party of Regions and orchestrating sketchy business deals with Russian oligarchs? Yeah, what are the chances that he hasn't worked closely with Russian intelligence services operating in Ukraine in the past? Particularly when it came to elections. He came into the Trump campaign and was running the show when the DNC hacks became known. Imo, during his tenure is when Trump really picked up this pro-Putin shtick.

Carter Page is another obvious choice. Years spent arranging deals for Gazprom by his own accounts. He was clearly on the radar of the SVR as they were actively trying to recruit him way back in 2013. He gave the spy documents though by all accounts, nothing sensitive. Not exactly turning anyway away. He also seems to be the impetus for at least the first FISA warrant request after he showed up in Moscow talking bad about Western governments and purportedly meeting up with sanctioned Russian officials, Igor Sechin no less.

Then there's Rick Gates, Manafort's long time business associate. Hell, maybe Erik Prince. I also wouldn't rule out somebody like Page or even Prince getting themselves into trouble talking out of school to Russian spies, bragging about access and promising favors.

Then again, Castro could be full of s#. It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wow, it's a big speak.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So many people believe this fake stuff from people who are predominant, when in fact, they know crap about what is real or not. This is happening all over, you know what, all this stuff doesn't really matter, it is all a stall tactic by the Democrats and it is just a big discrediting act in politics. How is our government going to get anything done when everyone is busy with all this crap. The big businesses are going to get tired of all of this and pull all their investments out of this country, eliminating multitudes of jobs. I won't blame them, our society is going nuts, maybe the government should disolve itself and each state can fend for itself. Sell all the nukes to China and Europe to pay off our debt. Disolve the Military and get rid of all the cops, let everyone fend for themselves. Of course the NWO will step in, that is what they are waiting for, I hope Canada picks up the UP, but evidently insanity is hitting Canada too.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's pretty big of you. I did not think you would.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So yeah...nobody is going to jail. Likely nobody on either side.

I do believe the dems are going to come out of this looking like fools though.

How long has the Russian thing been going on now, and still nobody charged or in jail?

As I was just saying in my last post, I don't see anyone in the current administration going down. At least not any of the more significant players. I wouldn't rule out some other folks though.

I think that at least half the country sees Nunes's shenanigans for what they were. That bolsters my suspicion. It might have just been Nunes trying to throw Trump a bone over his weeks of being called out for his March 4 tweet — even though Nunes himelf said point blank that the reports didn't back up Trump's tweets. But I also have to wonder if hey don't know/suspect something that they're desperately trying to bury with this obvious attempt to shift the public's attention.

Whatever the case, I don't think the appearance of Nunes rushing off to the WH after the first day of testimony and then without briefing the committe, holding a morning press conference to drop a deflection the very next day, really escapes the notice of even folks like you who are more moderate Trump supporters.

The froathy-mouthed, they'll make themselves believe whatever they need to. Their capacity to ignore s# knows no limits. But even if you don't want to come right out and say it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, I'm assuming it registers and you're not going to forget. Just like most people who voted for Clinton know, at least on some level, that she's outright lied on a number of occassions, particularly in terms of the email server.

And think that through.

Had Clinton just come out on a day one and said, "yes, I ran a private e-mail server and I thought it was something I could do but I realize now it was wrong, here's all my emails FBI" — would it have grown into what it did? But no, she lied about it. She stalled. She played games and even those of us who supported her over Trump knew it and enough Democrats knew it deep down that if her opponent hadn't been Donald Trump, she'd have lost the popular vote by a landslide.

Sometimes it's the coverup that gets them.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

That you would even make a thread with the word probably in the title is beneath you, my friend.

You are so much better than that.

Sadly....no longer the case. I used to enjoy the OP threads. Mostly just skip over them now except for the occasional one.

I like theantediluvian. I think he's brilliant.

I see that you can be easily fooled.

No, he spends time thinking about what he writes. He just doesn't flip off one sentence ad hominem attacks like most low quality posters do.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I cannot agree more with what you have said. The partisan fanaticism is blinding.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

When was the last time anyone working at the highest levels of executive branch ever went to prison? It just doesn't happen. This is the United States of America. We simply do not have corruption in our government.

I posted a Wikipedia link to a list earlier. It does happen. More frequently to members of Congress though. A couple legislators who got themselves in big trouble in the last few years: Michael Grimm (8 months) and Jessie Jackson, Jr. (2.5 year sentence)

Cabinent level and WH staff convictions are certainly less common but it happens and on a number of occasions, it's reulted in pardons/commuted sentences as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

lol the only person that is going to jail is Susan Rice. U really think Jeff Sessions would indict any of Trump's associates based on conspiracy theories and zero facts. hahahah Castro of all people is a member of the very fake news organization. I wouldn't put any money on his propaganda.
edit on 4-4-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Notice how he keeps stepping off of definitively saying Trump admin people are going to jail? People will go to jail, but he's not hanging his hat on Trump people quite yet, just "people."

Maybe he's referring to Obama admin people. Or Obama admin holdovers in the new administration.

But if you think he just gave out a smoking gun "Trump is dead," then this was far from it. The Susan Rice stuff is far more definite.

Could you explain how the "Susan Rice stuff" is far more definitive? Or please, could you explain what the "Susan Rice stuff" is exactly?

So far I've seen a Fox News story with an unnamed source. Some crap from Cernovich (and who cares) and another piece in the Daily Caller with wild accusations from a guy who was a US Attorney in the Reagan years and since then has a history of making wild accusations that turn out to be false (DiGenova).

Maybe you know something I don't know?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Blitzer's still working for Very Fake News, right?

CNN is still full-tilt-boogey.

Typical diversion tactic. Attacking the messenger instead of addressing the cliam.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join