It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMBSHELL! Rep. Joaquin Castro Says Some Trump Associates Probably Going To Jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Now that Usay (or is it Qusay?) Trump has tweeted his Pulitzer endorsement for #GamerGate sleaze, alt-right personality, Twitter troll and half-a-Nazi beta-white-supremacist, Mike Cernovich and the Trumposphere has got itself a boogeywoman in Susan Rice, the pro-Trump establishment has coalesced around a frankenarrative of innuendo and conflation involving incidental collection, unmasking and Susan Rice and clearly, it's causing some Democrats to escalate their own rhetoric.

Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas), member of the House Intelligence Committee, was just on CNN (30+ minutes ago) and he's making some pretty bold claims. There's no video yet but nice guy that I am, I transcribed the part of the interview with Wolf Blitzer where these statements were made.

Blitzer: Well have you seen any hard evidence of collusion yet?
Castro: Well, uh, I guess I would say this. That my impression is I wouldn't be surprised after this is said and done, that some people end up in jail.
Blitzer: Really? Uh and how high does that go? In your suspicion? That's all we can call it right now.
Castro: Well, that's yet to be determined.
Blitzer: But You think some people are going to wind up in jail? Not just one individual but people — plural — is what you're saying?
Castro: That's my impression
Blitzer: Do you want to elaborate a little bit on that? Give us a little bit more? Because that's obviously a very intriguing statement.
Castro: I wish I could but I can't at this time.
Blitzer: But at this point, you're confident that at least some Trump associates will end up in jail?
Castro: If I was betting, I would say, "yes."
Blitzer: Including some who are working in the new administration or people who worked or advised the president during the campaign and maybe during the transition?
Castro: As you can imagine Wolf, I'l have to comment on that later. But again, if somebody asked me my impression, my impression is that people will probably be charged and I think people will probably go to jail.
Blitzer: Without sharing evidence — because I know it's classified. But do you believe that there's enough evidence already — evidence that you've seen — that would justify someone going to jail or people going to jail?
Castro: If the claims hold up, most likely.
Blitzer: Really? Alright, well that's pretty shocking to hear that.

Castro seems quite certain that when this is all said and done, people connected to Trump will be going to jail. Despite making these brazen predictions, he fell short of saying that his impression is that the arrest will include people who are currently a part of the administration.

I look forward to your updates on this

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
its obviously rhetorical tit for tat otherwise why would this pop up just ever so coincidentally after the Susan Rice scandal erupted?

if one believes in that kind of serendipity theyre a special kind of stupid
edit on 4-4-2017 by tribal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Maybe so, of "some Trump assocaites going to jail," but surely their trials will come after Hillary's or there should be no trials.

Either everybody is guilty or everybody is not guilty.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: CriticalStinker

By their own appointed judges?

Using our tax dollars?

If convicted, room and board on our dime?

See where I'm going with this?

Good point. I'd say fire them and fine them for the salaries they stole, but if they did enough for the military industrial complex, oil, or you name it they'd recoup that quick.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Now that Usay (or is it Qusay?) Trump has tweeted his Pulitzer endorsement for #GamerGate sleaze, alt-right personality, Twitter troll and half-a-Nazi beta-white-supremacist, Mike Cernovich and the Trumposphere has got itself a boogeywoman in Susan Rice, the pro-Trump establishment has coalesced around a frankenarrative of innuendo and conflation involving incidental collection, unmasking and Susan Rice and clearly, it's causing some Democrats to escalate their own rhetoric.

Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas), member of the House Intelligence Committee, was just on CNN (30+ minutes ago) and he's making some pretty bold claims. There's no video yet but nice guy that I am, I transcribed the part of the interview with Wolf Blitzer where these statements were made.

Blitzer: Well have you seen any hard evidence of collusion yet?
Castro: Well, uh, I guess I would say this. That my impression is I wouldn't be surprised after this is said and done, that some people end up in jail.
Blitzer: Really? Uh and how high does that go? In your suspicion? That's all we can call it right now.
Castro: Well, that's yet to be determined.
Blitzer: But You think some people are going to wind up in jail? Not just one individual but people — plural — is what you're saying?
Castro: That's my impression
Blitzer: Do you want to elaborate a little bit on that? Give us a little bit more? Because that's obviously a very intriguing statement.
Castro: I wish I could but I can't at this time.
Blitzer: But at this point, you're confident that at least some Trump associates will end up in jail?
Castro: If I was betting, I would say, "yes."
Blitzer: Including some who are working in the new administration or people who worked or advised the president during the campaign and maybe during the transition?
Castro: As you can imagine Wolf, I'l have to comment on that later. But again, if somebody asked me my impression, my impression is that people will probably be charged and I think people will probably go to jail.
Blitzer: Without sharing evidence — because I know it's classified. But do you believe that there's enough evidence already — evidence that you've seen — that would justify someone going to jail or people going to jail?
Castro: If the claims hold up, most likely.
Blitzer: Really? Alright, well that's pretty shocking to hear that.

Castro seems quite certain that when this is all said and done, people connected to Trump will be going to jail. Despite making these brazen predictions, he fell short of saying that his impression is that the arrest will include people who are currently a part of the administration.

He fell short of saying anything at all.

LOL..."if the claims hold up" being the key phrase here.

So yeah...nobody is going to jail. Likely nobody on either side.

I do believe the dems are going to come out of this looking like fools though.

How long has the Russian thing been going on now, and still nobody charged or in jail?

It's not even the first hundred days of President Trump yet...

Fruitless, repetitious Benghazi investigations dragged out for years.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Sorry to burst the bubble but so far is not much the intelligence committee have on anybody no matter how much digging they are doing, the Collusion is not there, yes Russia doings maybe, but no collusion so far.

I guess you can just hope for soo much.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: dfnj2015
So news that disagrees with ideology is declares as fake

I'm not so much concerned with their ideology as I am with their facts. They get their facts wrong ... or they pretend there are facts present when it's nothing more than an opinion or a guess.

"They" meaning who? How is "fake news" and "facts wrong" when Castro is expressing and opinion? I think before you make the fact versus opinion criticism you better learn the definitions and look in the mirror first.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I'd say charge them all with felonies and then give them 5 years probation with a mandate that says they can never work for the public again (or anyone who doesn't hire felons). That should get the point across.

Oh and the fines that go directly back to the American people!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

When was the last time anyone working at the highest levels of executive branch ever went to prison? It just doesn't happen. This is the United States of America. We simply do not have corruption in our government.

Prison...none ( though likely Nixon if not pardoned). Highest level since I've been old enough to care was when Bill Clinton was impeached....and then said it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is....I swear when I saw Hillary ask about "wiping" her server with a "cloth"....first thought was Bill's "is" answer....

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I'd say charge them all with felonies and then give them 5 years probation with a mandate that says they can never work for the public again (or anyone who doesn't hire felons). That should get the point across.

I think we need a special prosecutor and make sure to gather credible evidence first before charging anyone with a crime. I think when people accuse people of wrong doing without any evidence based on superstition it's called a witch hunt.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That you would even make a thread with the word probably in the title is beneath you, my friend.

You are so much better than that.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

When was the last time anyone working at the highest levels of executive branch ever went to prison? It just doesn't happen. This is the United States of America. We simply do not have corruption in our government.

Prison...none ( though likely Nixon if not pardoned). Highest level since I've been old enough to care was when Bill Clinton was impeached....and then said it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is....I swear when I saw Hillary ask about "wiping" her server with a "cloth"....first thought was Bill's "is" answer....

That's true. But I don't think Bill Clinton ever served prison time.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

That you would even make a thread with the word probably in the title is beneath you, my friend.

You are so much better than that.

Sadly....no longer the case. I used to enjoy the OP threads. Mostly just skip over them now except for the occasional one.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Nice to see that they now resorted to backstabbing each other. Schiff told everyone that the evidence is not what it seems and now this joker picked the short straw to do damage control. Wow. They are really scared that this is going to backfire and spoiler it will.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Blitzer's still working for Very Fake News, right?

CNN is still full-tilt-boogey.

So news that disagrees with ideology is declares as fake while stories that do agree with your ideology are considered fair and balance facts without being questioned. Nice.

Name a single story that would agree with his ideology! Just one.
Liberal news is the essence of not reporting anything except twisted stories to fit the ideology of those reporting. Hence, fake news.
edit on 4-4-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

That's true. But I don't think Bill Clinton ever served prison time.

He didnt...thats why I said "prison...none" at the beginning.

He was simply the last one to be under heavy scrutiny by the political and judicial system. He proved to the public that at the highest level you are above the law.

How quickly we forget...

Anywho....i have now searched the web for a bit and can't find any really high ranking officials that have been in prison.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Wow, they got them bang to rights.

No need for a trial, this dude has become judge and jury. He's seen the evidence.

And his name is Castro. That holds a lot of weight with Libs.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh I got a good one, Top intel Dem hints at dragging Trump before House Intelligence Committee

prensariotiretail.com...

Love the headlines I can find plenty in the net just like this one.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I think we need a special prosecutor and make sure to gather credible evidence first before charging anyone with a crime. I think when people accuse people of wrong doing without any evidence based on superstition it's called a witch hunt.

Yea, how about we start at the beginning. George Bush 2 and co. would be my preference. Then we can move onto Obama.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here is a link to a site with a video of the interview.

www.mediaite.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join