It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the pope dies, what changes will occur?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There are two Portugese Cardinals, and if JP defied his own rules and pushed for anyone at all, I would say it would be one of these.

There are hundreds of possible candidates since the selection is not limited to cardinals.

I think what would be an interesting thread, particularly for the psychic crowd to test their abilities would be one that speculates on the name the next pope will use, and how they come to conclude this.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Italy is less than 5% catholic

Oh! Heh, no... Italy has less than 5% of the World Catholic Population.
Sorry, I guess I should have made the original clearer.

Another Correction: My original post said "Adrica". That should have been "Africa".

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
actually, im expecting a change, from conservative southern xtain groups getting their panties in a bunch over the new AC. i wonder if this will translate into militia activism or violence. i doubt it will go that far.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Changes will be: greater push for unification amoungst the churches/religions

Mary will play a larger role possibly trying to link fatima to the muslim fatima. With the next movie of Mel Gibson about the visions of fatima from those 3 nuns, I would imagine this will increase the curiosity of the world, not to mention the 1 billion catholics.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out. New pope will no doubt with to tackle America now, seeing Pope John Paul II tackled communism. This round will see the Catholic church trying to play a greater role in state with more involvement in the UN and trying to put its nose into State politics.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25
Mary will play a larger role possibly trying to link fatima to the muslim fatima.
Interesting, I was thinking that the reverence JPII bestowed upon her would be watered down again if the next pope is anything other than Portugese simply because I find it was he placing importance on her because of the fatima visions being linked to him and no other. If the next is Portugese I can see her reverence becoming more prominent.

Why do you feel she will be given a larger role?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well it looks as if we will soon know...
Pope John Paul II has passed to the next world.

My condolences to all our Catholic members, and God be with
you in your time of mourning.

As a show of respect towards them, might I suggest we table the subject till the mourning period is over?

I believe the official mourning time is two weeks, and if I understand correctly, it is considered rude to the Catholic tradition to speculate on the next Pope during this time.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Originally posted by shmick25
Mary will play a larger role possibly trying to link fatima to the muslim fatima.
Interesting, I was thinking that the reverence JPII bestowed upon her would be watered down again if the next pope is anything other than Portugese simply because I find it was he placing importance on her because of the fatima visions being linked to him and no other. If the next is Portugese I can see her reverence becoming more prominent.

Why do you feel she will be given a larger role?

The reason why there will be a push towards the fatima is because of her role within the church, irrispective of what pope is in office. I think there is a link between prophecy in revelation and the role she will play in end time events.

I will show you a superficial example.

Read up on Revelation Chapter 13: The first beast, I believe is the RCC, the second beast being Mary.

Then I saw another beast which rose out of the earth; it had two horns like a lamb and it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercises all the authority of the first beast in its presence, and makes the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose mortal wound was healed. 13 It works great signs, even making fire come down from heaven to earth in the sight of men;

Now, let us have a look at some prophecies from the fatama.

"Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity"

www.rosesfromheaven.com...

"In October I will perform a miracle so that everyone can believe."

www.catholic-pages.com...

There are many more links and fatima prophecies related around this subject. So, how then should we avoid chastisments prophecied by Mary?

"At Fatima, Our Lady gave the three children the mission of telling the world that she was profoundly displeased with the impiety and corruption of men. She warned that if mankind did not amend its ways a terrible chastisement would come, several nations would disappear, Russia would spread its errors throughout the world and the Holy Father would have much to suffer.

In her message, the Queen of Heaven and Earth along with pointing out the danger tells us how to avoid it. She maternally provides guidelines to avert this terrible chastisement: she asks for prayer and penance, and especially the recitation of the Holy Rosary.

At the tempestuous end of the twentieth century, amidst the most devastating crisis in history, a beacon of hope shines in the words spoken by Our Lady at Fatima, for she has assured us: "Finally, my Immaculate Heart will triumph!"

www.tfp.org... _history.htm

So, we are not to pray directly to God, or Christ, but through the rosary (a pagan tradition) to Mary, a lady that has been dead for 2000 years.

Revelation 13: 4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies;

What Mary is directing people to do is Blaspheme against God, something that the RCC unfortunately mandates proudly.

Anyway, without going into too much detail, Fatima will have the awe of the world and those ignorant to biblical truths. She will be the link that ties the muslim world to the Christian world, and has some solutions for world peace. Interesting theory?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I's cuz they're all jealous of the pointy hat!

Originally posted by spliff4020
On a side note. Why can't I slam on jews, blacks or gays, but everyone feels free to slam on Catholics..Mind you, I dont wanna rip on any of the above mentioned groups, but I find it odd, thats its ok for the world to rip on us, but if I have any anti-gay views, Im immediatly labled a racist. Seems a tad hypocritical...

[edit on 2-2-2005 by spliff4020]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join