It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Susan Rice Admits To Unmasking ‘US Persons’ In Intelligence Reports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Former National Security Advisor under Obama, Susan Rice, has admitted asking for masked names to be "unmasked" inside intel reports !!

She was on MSNBC on Tuesday April 4th.

She claims it was "necessary" to get the names of Americans in order to obtain "full context".

She denies leaking anything.

She denies using anything against anybody for political reasons.

Sure.

Watch the video and see some obvious signs of lying.

The "host" Andrea Mitchell has the whole script in front of her.

Susan also emphasized that "unmasking" is not the same as "leaking"

She never said why the White House would be so interested at the time.

And she denied keeping any lists or spreadsheets.

‘NECESSARY’ — Rice Admits To Unmasking ‘US Persons’ In Intelligence Reports [VIDEO]

During her Tuesday interview with MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell, former National Security Advisor Susan Rice for the first time admitted to unmasking “U.S. persons” included in intelligence reports.

The intelligence community sometimes incidentally collects the communications of U.S. citizens in its surveillance of foreigners, but those names are redacted when they are reported to White House officials. Rice told Mitchell that at times it was necessary for her to ask the intelligence agencies for the names of those U.S. citizens to determine the potential threat to national security.

“When the intelligence community would respond to a request from a senior national security official for the identity of an American, that would come back only to the person who requested it,” she first said in response to a question from Mitchell. “It would brought back to them directly… To me or whoever might have requested it.”

transcript available at youtube

added: video from PBS March 22nd where She denies knowing "anything about this"

WOODRUFF: We spoke earlier this evening with former Obama White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice, the author of that piece. It was her first interview since leaving the White House.

I began by asking about the allegations leveled today by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes that Trump transition officials, including the president, may have been swept up in surveillance of foreigners at the end of the Obama administration.

RICE: I know nothing about this. I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that count today.

edit on Apr-04-2017 by xuenchen because: vinyl-records

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't see this turning into anything. Hell, I don't even see this changing the narrative.

Somehow Obama and his administration stole the hearts of many Americans and are seen as heros.

That while they increased defense spending more than Bush increasing debt.

Broadening the capabilities of mass surveillance to Germany like levels.

Going after more journalists with the espionage act than any prior administration combined and then almost tripled.

I'm starting to get the feeling people want the government to be able to do all those things.

And the DNC literally got caught tampering with the election in a way that didn't suit the voters.

All this while there is no evidence for the Russian narrative, at least not to the degree they try and sell.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So, the only thing she denies is leaking!

With her track record on Benghazi, she needs to be sworn in.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The problem for Susan Rice is that she is a known liar and has admitted it. She had no problem lying to Americans about Benghazi, she will have no problem lying to save her pimp Barry.
edit on 4-4-2017 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yes, but it wasnt for political reasons.... or so im told

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

Yes, but it wasnt for political reasons.... or so im told

That's what she said.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
The problem for Susan Rice is that she is a known liar and has admitted it. She had no problem lying to Americans about Benghazi, she will have no problem lying to save her pimp Barry.

I hope she testifies in public and tells all about how the Russians funneled money into the trump election, and unmasks all the right-wingers involved

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This Bitch is worse than Hillary...

I'm sure she looks into the mirror and says to herself, "I served this country with Honor and Distinction"

Bet Bergdahl is proud of ya'...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So it's just a coincidence that her husband previously worked with ABC and, subsequently, ABC just happened to break the Flynn story?

Okay. Sure.

ETA: this has been debunked:

edit on 4/4/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Im so tired of all this garbage.
Someone knows the whole story.
Just tell us already.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I hope she testifies in public and tells all about how the Russians funneled money into the trump election, and unmasks all the right-wingers involved

And then she can tell us why The FBI cant find any evidence
of that too right? She can say anything she wants as long
as she is not under oath.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If I was allowed to interrogate Ms. Rice, it would not go well for her. Her coy attempts to obfuscate the whole truth and nothing but the truth wouldn't even take me to the ankle bone.

The saddest bit ... everyone on the entire Earth can see what she's doing and that she's able to get away with it ... damn near at a flaunt.

ETA: And she isn't getting paid for this ... so someone in the Trump Administration or Congress must be about ready to put the screws to her.

edit on 442017 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Which Flynn story did ABC break? It was the Daily Caller that broke the story that Flynn was lobbying for Turkey. It was Washington Post that broke the story that he was a liar (thanks to those criminal leaks!) who lied about his calls to Kisylak. It was the WSJ who broke the story about him seeking immunity.

And Rice's husband worked as an executive producer for an ABC show 7 years ago.

The claim was made in a thread yesterday and I asked the OP what he/she was talking about and got a non-answer. The OP contained a link to this story (or rather a link to a tweet with a link to that story).

The only thing they seem to be presenting that is new is that his immunity offer was turned down. I think you've been fake newsed

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

So, the only thing she denies is leaking!

With her track record on Benghazi, she needs to be sworn in.

Susan Rice was very careful to say that SHE did not leak. She passed the raw intelligence along to someone else to leak for the Administration. Probably the same lower-level person who divulged Mike Flynn's conversations. I wouldn't be surprised if it was that lady who no longer worked for Obama...Evelyn Farkas.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
wow...talk about triggered....the democrats must be getting close to the truth about the connection between Russia and trump administration....lol.....right-wingers be goin' all crazy

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
wow...talk about triggered....the democrats must be getting close to the truth about the connection between Russia and trump administration....lol.....right-wingers be goin' all crazy

fish out of water

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Who was the first to name Flynn?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: theantediluvian

Who was the first to name Flynn?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Susan Rice was very careful to say that SHE did not leak. She passed the raw intelligence along to someone else to leak for the Administration.

Yes, she parsed her words carefully.

She may have had over confidence in her power at the time
thinking Hillary would win, now she has no executive privilege.

She is not well liked in the IC community,
Senate Intelligence committee is looking her way.

Word has it people were tired of doing her bidding.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So she says that the names are ONLY released to those that request it (given high enough clearance)

And also states that she didn't "leak" those names.

Well, then who else requested those names be unmasked ( with high enough clearance) then leaked them to the press?

Somebody did, and the case for it being her is sure building. Fast.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join