It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so, about this wall thing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
I was wondering about the Rio Grande River which is a natural border between Mexico and US. Are they going to build a fence right down the middle of the river or just secede the river to Mexico? Just looking at google earth this wall looks like a huge undertaking.

It is, by all accounts, a huge (and almost impossible even with current tech) undertaking.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
yeah --- this wall thing is just stupid.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Not to go on a rant about libertarian (little "L," not the official party platform) ideals, but this is one reason why I appreciate and subscribe to them--just let everyone be who they are, and you can coexist. Of course, once someone or a group start infringing on other people's right and liberties to be who they are (as long as they're not doing anything that harms someone else), then that's where the bickering and fighting and division and clan building and city-state building and nation building starts.

I appreciate the fact that I'm a human being instead of, say, a skunk or a sea snake, but the part of human nature that fuels the inability to "let it be" is frustrating sometimes.

I just had to rant to someone who claimed that we have a "moral obligation" to attack Syria for the chemical-weapon atrocities that have happened over there--my rant wasn't that this type of behavior was okay, but it's the knee-jerk emotional response of "we must attack!" that perpetuates war and existence of nations and everything else. It doesn't always have to be Americans who save the world, and why is it that those who make the loudest calls of "we must attack!" are the ones who would be the last to take up arms and join in the battle?

Ah, hell--I'm just rambling on now...no chemical weapons would be a part of the utopian pipe dream, I suppose.

Sorry to go off-topic.

edit on 6-4-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It is very frustrating. Thanks for sharing, and it's not off-topic at all.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The wall will be paid for by savings within a year of being built from education savings alone.

Linkey

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Libertarian with a little l.
I think I'm going to have to borrow that.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
No one likes a wall. Heck, I hate walls. There's no wall along the border with Canada because Canadians don't illegally come to the US. There has to be a wall along the border with Mexico until Mexicans do not illegally come to the US. A wall is temporary.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius
Borrow away...hell, I'm sure that I heard it from someone else before I used it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
No one likes a wall. Heck, I hate walls. There's no wall along the border with Canada because Canadians don't illegally come to the US. There has to be a wall along the border with Mexico until Mexicans do not illegally come to the US. A wall is temporary.

We're going to spend billions of dollars on a "temporary" wall?

Do tell. How about we spend that money on helping Mexico's economy instead, so their people aren't so desperate that they leave home to begin with?

edit on 4/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
One thing I heard someone say and it stuck with me is
"Walls can be used to keep people in as well."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join