It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim teenager repeats #Blacklivesmatter 100 times on Stanford application and is accepted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The guy maybe smart as a tack, but he neglected to fill out the app correctly. I would have bottom stacked him. And yes he will fit right in to the college experience in 2017.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Maybe he won't, but if he goes into SJW courses, he'll simply end up with four years of debt and a fairly worthless "studies" degree that qualifies him to work at some non-profit where he'll never make enough to pay down his loan bills.

Even a community organizer can become POTUS these days, though.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: ketsuko

The guy maybe smart as a tack, but he neglected to fill out the app correctly. I would have bottom stacked him. And yes he will fit right in to the college experience in 2017.

Well, it's not necessarily wrong to take an unconventional approach to filling out something like a college app. Thinking outside the box can make an impression for you in a big way if you hit it out of the park. I applaud him for taking the risk, but I do think his approach was lazy. Sure it did show a certain passion from some points of view, but on the other hand, I felt it was a lazy way to do it. My first thought was of Bart Simpson writing endless phrases on the chalkboard which is a punishment, not any signal of passion or creativity.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So can a billionaire that says he is fighting for the little guy now. Forget about all the $$$ made by selling the products he now wants to put a tariff on. Oh well he (and his family) made theirs.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The Link from OP.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: nightbringr
In answer to your question any and I mean any descent university abhors and detests Plagiarism. Get that word?
He used a common statement Black Lives Matter 100 times, that's known as Plagiarism. ie he didn't use his own intellect to form a coherent answer to the posed question just parroted a well known statement.
That in my opinion shows a lack of intellect not a clever or appropriate answer to the question.
But if you know what the questioner wants to hear and it can be any BS your in.

Please point out where I've once said i think what he did was right. In fact, I've already stated quite the opposite.

Please try and keep up.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Oh, goodness. What was your question?

My question was, wouldn't the fact that this man has zero academic skills or background reinforce the validity of your OP?

I'm not criticizing your OP, i fully agree this man should not have been accepted. I simply asked if we know what his scholastic background was like, but you seemed to take umbrage of that question. Why is that?
edit on 4-4-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I kind of actually like it. He is obviously passionate about what he believes. Good for him.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Symbolism over substance.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Here is the way I see it. Everyone has a play. He took his shot, and whether or not we think that the school is stupid or not for choosing him, he made it. He got their attention and now his foot is in the door. As far as substance look at what he has accomplished in his short life. I may disagree with what he thinks, but he has done more than 99% of the other kids in this country, so I have to give it to him. He is ambitious.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

That is a good point. He is definitely motivated by activism, and has already been on HRC's radar and done some pretty neat stuff.

His resume reminds me of Barack (can't say his middle name) Obama, if we could see it in it's entirety.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Would you say that writing over and over #blacklivesmatter is a positive or a negative?

Did you actually read the article you copy/pasta'd?

Seems he has done more than repeated a hashtag in his young life.

Cut fron your own OP:

Mr Ahmed is also involved in combating racial stereotypes, as the founder of teen organisation Redefy and the co-founder of the youth-focused consultancy firm JÜV Consulting. In 2015 the 18-year-old gave a TedxTalk in Panama about what it was like to be a Muslim teenager in the US.

Seems you aren't the only one who didn't get past the first paragraph or two! Or are you all willingly ignoring the complete story?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

So why did he blow off an opportunity to talk about all that in his app? He could have talked about that instead of simply writing #BlackLivesMatter 100 times. It was sort of like blowing off the application with a cheap gimmick. Someone with that much in his resume should be capable of some work don't you think?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

If he can't fill out an app properly, should he be admitted? Or do we let anything go?

You didn't answer my question, and more importantly dont question his ties to RHC and the possibility that is why he was admitted.

You might be missing the most important part of this whole deal, and wilfully so.

Allow me to give some insight.

From the quoted article in the OP:

Mr Ahmed is also involved in combating racial stereotypes, as the founder of teen organisation Redefy and the co-founder of the youth-focused consultancy firm JÜV Consulting. In 2015 the 18-year-old gave a TedxTalk in Panama about what it was like to be a Muslim teenager in the US.

I would dare say that from the above quote he may be uniquely qualified to offer support and assistance to other members of the student body.

Somehow I doubt my highlighting his talents will be appreciated by certain members here.
edit on 4/4/2017 by Kukri because: Added a personal opinion

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So why did he blow off an opportunity to talk about all that in his app? He could have talked about that instead of simply writing #BlackLivesMatter 100 times. It was sort of like blowing off the application with a cheap gimmick. Someone with that much in his resume should be capable of some work don't you think?

I will make the assumption that his qualifications were clearly indicated in other parts of the application. Without seeing the full application I can't be certain why they accepted him.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Did you read the entire thread? This was in it.

Ahmed also is involved in combating racial stereotypes by founding Org Redefy and gave a TedTalk about being a Muslim teen in the US.

edit on 4-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

That is a good point. He is definitely motivated by activism, and has already been on HRC's radar and done some pretty neat stuff.

His resume reminds me of Barack (can't say his middle name) Obama, if we could see it in it's entirety.

Not sure why you have a problem with Barack Obama's middle name. Here let me assist you, it's Hussein.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

When he was first elected it was bad form, to say the least, to talk about his ears or use his middle name.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Did you read my posts that are second and third above yours?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It was probably some libitard art course he was accepted on anyway rather than REAL degree in the sciences.

Unfortunately this pretentious twat will likey one day be a future US politician.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join