It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim teenager repeats #Blacklivesmatter 100 times on Stanford application and is accepted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Hey for some reason the address is not working for source. If you need the article, the title is word for word. Google and it will come up.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its a social issue that he's passionate about.

It appears the rest of his application reflected a solid student. That is really where the measurement is.

Oh please, I can appreciate that he's passionate about it, but don't you think he ought to articulate why to show off his qualifications?

I was at least smart enough to analyze why I didn't like a work and had trouble reading and digesting it the one time in high school that I honestly ran into a required reading text that I could not bludgeon my way through instead of simply writing "All the King's Men SUCKS!" 100 times. Had I don't that, I might have demonstrated my passionate hatred of the book but I didn't actually do anything more than that.

Anyone can have a passionate feeling, but not everyone can articulate a well reasoned response as to why they have that feeling.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sounds like an accomplished man. He's also been accepted to Yale and Princeton.

What's the outrage about?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Critiquing his work is fine. If i judge it on only content (and not impact or message delivery) i'd judge it very low.

If, however, i were looking for an abstract thinker with a penchant for tackling social issues, this is the dude i'd pick hands down.

I guess we have to ask ourselves: what is it we believe Stanford is recruiting for. Based on this story, it looks like traditional thinking is not what they want to see.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I did not catch the other colleges accepting him. Is that in this story?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The downfall of higher education?

Right now in this moment it's little more than a humorous talking point. However look beyond the moment and most(hopefully) criticizing this see what a detriment to society this will create.
edit on 4-4-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Come on, it would be fun to teach someone who sees everything with a racial slant. Good grief wouldn't that be fun?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Dont bother checking your #BlackLivesMatterPrivilege we welcome it

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The good news is the idiot couldn't attend BLM meetings in Philly.

Black Lives Matter Philly Bans White People From Its Meetings
dailycaller.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You know what, I rescind my criticism.

In my distaste for stanford supposedly not accepting ONLY the best and the brightest. I lost site of the fact that they are, after all, just a business.

The best and the brightest are few and (very) far in between. At the end of the day there are a lot of seats to fill.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If, however, i were looking for an abstract thinker with a penchant for tackling social issues, this is the dude i'd pick hands down.

Writing down #blacklivesmatter 100 time is not tackling social issues. All its doing is wasting ink.

Nor does it show abstract thinking. You could train 5 year old to write the same sentence 100 times.

I wrote bonjor 100 times in my french exam to show my disdain for being forced to learn french instead of Spanish in high school. Should I have recieved a A?
edit on 4-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: underwerks

I did not catch the other colleges accepting him. Is that in this story?

It's in the independent story I found in Google. Not sure if its the same one because your link didn't work.
edit on 4-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: underwerks

The downfall of higher education?

Right now in this moment it's little more than a humorous talking point. However look beyond the moment and most(hopefully) criticizing this see what a detriment to society this will create.

What detriment to society? From what the articles about him say it seems he's a great student with an active interest in society and government.

Why is that a bad thing? Are we really at a point where people have been brainwashed enough by their media of choice to see those things as negative?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Writing down #blacklivesmatter 100 time is not tackling social issues. All its doing is wasting ink.

Nor does it show abstract thinking. You could train 5 year old to write the same sentence 100 times.

I wrote bonjor 100 times in my french exam to show my disdain for being forced to learn french instead of Spanish in high school. Should I have recieved a A?

This

It doesn't matter what this guys social issue tackling background is, writing the same thing over and over again as answers to questions on an application form doesn't and shouldn't gain you entry to university.

No wonder humanity is circling the drain, and stuff like this will only speed up the process.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I bet if my name was Ziad Ahmed, I wrote said name on an application to Stanford, and then wrote a bunch of nonsensical and blathering BS everywhere else on said application, I'd be invited to attend Stanford, too.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is one example of why institutes of higher learning are a joke these days. I have a college education and degree ( actually 2, but ones just a nursing degree) and Id tell other younger kids to forego college. Get a technical skill. Get certifications.. particularly for computer geekish kids who want to break into govt contracting. NOT Democrats, but loony lefties gave destroyed our educational system. A real travesty!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I bet if my name was Ziad Ahmed, I wrote said name on an application to Stanford, and then wrote a bunch of nonsensical and blathering BS everywhere else on said application, I'd be invited to attend Stanford, too.

Get a sex change too and they would likely give you a scholarship aswell!
edit on 4-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: nightbringr

Would you say that writing over and over #blacklivesmatter is a positive or a negative?

A negative. Most definitely.

I'm simply asking if his grades are where they should be in order to get him entrance into this school. Is that wrong?
edit on 4-4-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: nightbringr

The story mainly talks about all his community work.

And we should never look deeper into matters then? Only look at what the story says and not ask questions?

I find it laughable that i completely agree with the premise of this OP, yet simply ask if besides his offending comments he is qualified, and no one cares.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

What are his academic qualifications?

Right there in the OP. He's muslim and a liberal. Stanford material apparently.

Beyond that.

If we are going to pick this apart, let's see if he even has the schooling required to be accepted. Wouldn't it be even more telling if he is accepted, while others with much better credentials, yet not the 'correct' cultural upbringing are not?

Why would you think that isn't the case, it's textbook affirmative action.

I'm not saying he's completely unqualified, but I'm sure there are plenty of applicants with better credentials that may have "lost points" due to their inability to score any points in the social justice categories.

And i agree there are probably many others much more qualified.

But shouldn't we find out if that's the case, or do you simply not care? Hang 'em high, we don't need no stinking facts!

Ps. While itoo doubt it, this kid might be a brilliant, straight A student.

I personally don't care, it's a logical conclusion that there was atleast one applicant with better qualifications. It's a statistical probability.

I don't need to know that in order to form my opinion on his application. Which to me, sounds like it was incomplete or misunderstood. Writing the hashtag of a "social movement" 100 times is not really answering a question.

He may very well be brilliant, however someone who is brilliant, who harbors genuine intellectual thought and wonderment should be able to exist beyond(above) such an obviously shallow ploy as this "movement".

Hell, by the time he graduates BLM probably won't even be a thing anymore.

Again, i agree.

I'd still like to know if he is otherwise qualified. Why you could care less is beyond me.

If we want to make this man a pariah, wouldn't his miserable academic qualifications (if indeed they are miserable) only reinforce the OPs position?
edit on 4-4-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join