It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump asks Congress to cut $18 billion this year for his Mexico border wall

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Well that's my problem isn't it?? Let me deal with it.

I don't need you to control or manage my life. That's my job. Let me do my job. I let you do your job and manage your life. I expect the same in return.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Sorry but it aint' gonna happen. Your under the wing of the protecters.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Without us, the snowflakes will melt. And being christian we cant allow that. We must love all our neighbors expect those south of the border.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

That last one was pretty funny. You obviously get a lot of amusement out of saying stuff like that. I'm not sure why else you would do it.

But that one was actually funny.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Trump asks Congress to cut $18 billion this year for his Mexico border wall

If they wasted that money in that idiotic way, Congress would all be idiots, also!
Talk about waste!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Buddy i agree that the gates are indeed open but closing them with big walls will only cost an arm and a leg and really only move the problem to other areas of ingress in to the nation.

Need to solve the social and economic issues that go hand in hand with people that are coming into the nation because attempting to retard migration of large groups of people, illegal or otherwise, when the wish to enter an area is rather a hard thing to accomplish if indeed those individuals have a mind to so.

They are simply going to find other ways to come to America.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The border won`t change no matter where the wall is placed.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The funniest thing I heard about the wall is that if they build it in the USA, then they'll effectively cede the Rio Grande and all the land between the wall and the river to Mexico.

It's one of the longest fresh water rivers in the world.

Someone hasn't thought this through, as per every other campaign promise the Orange One talked about.

not so much funny as ignorant.
the location of the wall won`t automatically invoke a new internationally recognized boundary between mexico and the U.S. the existing border will remain the same.
land between the existing border and the wall will still be American soil.
edit on 5-4-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I can't wait for the wall to be built because then, the only way to get in illegally will be:

Boat
Airplane
Car
Work Vista (just disappear after entry)
Student Vista (just disappear after entry)
Tourist Vista (just disappear after entry)
Counterfeit Passport (just disappear after entry)

You know, they way most get in currently.

Anyone can play, so join in the fun and add to the list of ways the wall is brain dead idiocy of the highest order!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

Yeah. I know that. I never said it would change. So I don't know why you're bringing that up.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
UNRELEASED DOCUMENTS FROM AN AID!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What's costing the American taxpayer a fortune is the millions, if not tens of millions of illegal aliens. You pay for their healthcare, to send their children to school, to hire interpreters, to capture and incarcerate criminals, deportation costs, social programs, infrastructure use etc etc.

Compared to the ongoing cost of illegal aliens $18 billion is chump change.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

because in your comments you seem to think that any land between the wall and the recognized border will be " handed" over to mexico.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I didn't mean it changes the border. But with a big secure wall standing in the way it's not accessible. You'd have to cross the wall first which if that was such an easy task would defeat the purpose of the wall in the first place. There are people that own that land too. They have houses and ranches that include that land and river rights.

Well, they do for now anyway. That will change if the wall is built of course.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: Taggart
Anybody who wants a wall doesn't understand ladders.

Two 30 foot walls with a 20 foot channel inbetween lol good luck crossing that oh and on the other side are guards with guns and trunks.

How about this if you think it is so easy post a video of yourself scaling a 30 foot wall with barbed wire then lifting up the ladder and placing it on the other side twice.

Best of luck!

Two 30 foot walls with a 20 foot channel x 1,989 miles.

Good luck with that. Happy you're paying for it and I'm not.
A fantastic giant waste of money and resources.

It'll go down as one of the most backward thinking, stupid ideas this Millennia.

Post the video or stfu

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The wall is going to be built there is no doubt about that. You people can cry about it until you are blue in the face but the fact remains, the wall will be built.

As far as getting approval from Congress for the funds I agree with because then we can get started right away on the wall. Also as someone already pointed out, money we don't give Mexico every year will be how it will get paid back.

And to all you people saying the wall won't work, all you have to do is read a little about Israel's wall. Their wall cut terrorist attacks by like 99%.

Ask them if they think building their helped their country, ask them if it was worth building.

Don't be so foolish to think it will be easy to just put a ladder on it to go over or dig a tunnel to go under it. You people need to read up a little about all the security measures and sensors and things that will go along with this wall.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

Maybe not but access to that river which is a life line to thousands of farmers and ranchers and cities here stateside will....

Can't believe how short sighted people are about this....

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Really? Like it was going to be built before? We already paid for it once years ago and less than 1/5 of it ever saw construction....

I agree w other posters. Want to stem the tide? Don't make it so lucrative for them to come over and make it so devastating for companies caught hiring illegals that they don't even THINK about bringing them on....stop the sanctuary cities, etc etc ...that is money better spent and directed by a long shot

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join