It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's Best Friend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

For those with no video - it's a very nice montage with a narrator and beautiful orchestral music behind it....showing scenes from working sheepdogs to worried chihuahuas, hiking buddies and therapy dogs.....

I have never come to this forum before, despite the fact that I live with a houseful of pets, and have for my whole life. I think now it's time for me to join in, because honestly, I care about them like human family, only better.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
And YES I want the KC Metro Humane Society Facility Upgrade.

New stadium? No, not interested.
New convention hotel? Okay....used to work for Hyatt.
More streetcar? meh

Fewer Homeless?
YES. Humans and companion animals alike.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Nice video. There's no possession of greater value than a loyal dog.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Nice video. There's no possession of greater value than a loyal dog.
I could not agree more.

I live with two dogs, as loyal and communicative as can be. My older one actually learned how to "use his voice" from the younger one......she has all sorts of noises and tones and sequences ---- he used to just bark. Now he "sings" too ----

it's so cool.

The cats, too -- each with their own personality, their own sort of more independent willful companionship.....

you just have to listen. Your pets and other animals in your care are far, far smarter than most people give them credit for. THANKS for responding!!!

I asked my vet the other day if he'd seen this ad.....he hadn't yet. That same vet has been my co-carer with my animals for 15 years now. He knew them all. He saved the lives of three of them.....two run over, one shot with a pellet gun.....
all so close to death it was traumatic.

Anyway - yeah. Thanks for posting.

edit on 4/4/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

George G. Vest
Eulogy of the Dog
23 September 1870
Warrensburg, Missouri

The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is the dog.

Gentlemen of the jury, a man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince.

When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast into the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies.

And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws and his eyes sad but open, in alert watchfulness, faithful and true, even unto death.

www.doggyheaven.com...

DOGS ARE TREASURES

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

You guys want to use this thread to post just pics of your dog? Or point me to where that is happening already, please.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The German Shorthaired Pointer in the video (white with brown spots and brown head) looks almost exactly like my first dog. He was awesome... bless his soul!

soulwaxer

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Dogs are not true best friends
If you love another person, nurture that relationship, put effort into another human relationship, love unconditionally, accept faults, show compassion and mercy

Dogs are easy to care for, feed and pat them, take them for a walk.
I kind of think people who are attached to their pets are emotionally stunted

Romanticize a pet relationship, think it's

edit on 4-4-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I've been happily married for 22 years. I have three children, one a college graduate, another in art school, and the third is a junior in HS. I have a wonderful relationship with all of them and love them dearly. I also deeply love my dog.

I'm wondering if your post was just a troll job, if you are incredibly young and inexperienced, or someone who was bitten by a dog when they were young. Either way, I couldn't disagree more with your post.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Dogs are not true best friends
If you love another person, nurture that relationship, put effort into another human relationship, love unconditionally, accept faults, show compassion and mercy

Dogs are easy to care for, feed and pat them, take them for a walk.
I kind of think people who are attached to their pets are emotionally stunted

Romanticize a pet relationship, think it's

While dogs are not people we have both evolved through mutual interaction to benefit from each others companionship. There are numerous studies that show the potential positive benefits to having a dog and the dog itself can certainly not live in the wild as a alpha predator any longer due to human influence on its evolution.

The human/canid relationship is a true symbiotic one.

edit on 4-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
They can detect cancer by scent, for absolutely free.
They will protect your family and possessions.
They will save you from those evil squirrels as well...

They aren't human, their better.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
They can detect cancer by scent, for absolutely free.
They will protect your family and possessions.
They will save you from those evil squirrels as well...

They aren't human, their better.

They are great, I am not saying they are not.
But they aint human

I dont have conversations with dogs on ats, why not I wonder

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I've been happily married for 22 years. I have three children, one a college graduate, another in art school, and the third is a junior in HS. I have a wonderful relationship with all of them and love them dearly. I also deeply love my dog.

I'm wondering if your post was just a troll job, if you are incredibly young and inexperienced, or someone who was bitten by a dog when they were young. Either way, I couldn't disagree more with your post.

Call me what you want
I havnt met to many healthy old cat and dog ladies or men

We as a people need to get out from our pets and be people.

Ok, my mum, mean old cantankerous dog lady, no friends
Loves her dog
Cant associate with people anymore, its not healthy

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have had pets almost my entire life. Love them so much!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Don't think I called you any names. To extrapolate from your experiences with your mom to the entire pet loving culture is a bit broad brush, though. No?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I disagree entirely.
In fact, I would say we need to spend more time with animals.
I'm wondering now if you were growled at by dogs......hissed at by cats.....
because, to be honest - anyone who wants nothing to do with animals is really really sketchy.

You don't like animals?

Both sad and weird, from my perspective. In my experience, good folks (to a one!) are adored by animals and babies.

edit on 4/5/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I disagree entirely.
In fact, I would say we need to spend more time with animals.
I'm wondering now if you were growled at by dogs......hissed at by cats.....
because, to be honest - anyone who wants nothing to do with animals is really really sketchy.

You don't like animals?

Both sad and weird, from my perspective. In my experience, good folks (to a one!) are adored by animals and babies.

Wow, thats a bit creepy, saying I dont have anything to do with animals, assuming much
I have a cat, love my cat, its a cat, its called catty cat cat cat.
It had another name but responds better to atty cat cat cat.
I have other human relationships as well, they are far more challenging, keep me balanced, I have to work on those relationships to make me a better person
The cat doesnt make me a better person.

Yes I have been barked at by dogs but never hissed at by a cat

And Toby, I was directing my attention to people who can say
"I care about them like human family" People are not pets

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

/shrug

Hmm. Must have been the accumulated posts of yours responding to my ideas that pointed in that direction.

Pets are "people" to some of us, and I have found in my life that people who share that attribute are without fail superior in general sensitivity, empathy, and compassion. Not to mention loyalty.

You have a cat. That really isn't the topic, and cats are different. No one ever said "cats are a man's best friend." Cats are a different specie, with different qualities, and they interact with people in a very different way.

edit on 4/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
A big SHOUT OUT to the voters on the Missouri side of the metro for voting YES on the new Humane Society facility!!

Awesome. Congrats on that other $25 fine thing, too!

I am proud to live in a NO-KILL city - we don't euthanize strays or abandoned animals. We take care of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
3 dogs have me and my family.

They let us live here with them. If we feed them and pet them, they don't do mean things like chew up our shoes at night. Its a symbiotic relationship: a little food and some petting in return for boundless, exuberant love.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join