It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A man disappeared in Brazil and left behind 14 books full of encrypted hand-written text

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think the first X is a IX and the I is difficult to see because of the angle of the photograph.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: urssmorris

Nice, this is what ATS is all about. Thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is a fascinating find; and the precise reason for why I joined ATS.

What's particularly interesting is how orderly everything is. Usually you would find such cases where a person has a mental condition, such as schizophrenia, however, there is an extensive amount of disorder with their writing.

This looks as if it came from someone who was prepared and sane.

Very, very interesting.

We need copies of all his work

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm pretty hooked on this.

The 4chan thread is most likely archived/locked due to the fact that there's a new, more up to date thread.

boards.4chan.org...

This case is like a week old but there's a lot of activity on those pages. Lot of people claiming to know Bruno and his family and some links to new pictures, etc.

They're saying the father also put out a video in which he cries and apologises to his son for having not believed in him, and is saying he plans to publish the works. General consensus seems to be that Bruno has completed the works of Giordano Bruno, but now I'm starting to smell a rat.

The father is the last person to have seen Bruno leave the house, claims he had no faith or belief in what his son was doing yet, apparently nobody knew what Bruno was doing.

Also, lookin at the room - in all honesty, what kind of parent wouldn't know that was going on? Who wouldn't know? This was his bedroom... I know some people are pretty private but still, it's not impossible that nobody had gone in there for over a month but it still doesn't quite sit right.

The father is looking for his son who mysteriously vanishes, having left this bizarre scene...and the dad's all like - yeah, ah'ma gawna publish this! could be a clever marketing trick.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: urssmorris

Great 1st thread. Looking forward to see how this develops.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Some points:

How long has he been missing and how old is he?

A follower of the hermetic Bruno?

14 books?
Hermetic equals Egyptian religion = Osiris=Osiris cut into 14 pieces by Set. Osiris' penis went missing As the 15th piece of Osiris.

Got it…Look for the kid in a brothel!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya
This Giordano Bruno is quite the interesting character... he had some very interesting cosmological ideas, such as all stars being suns with planets like Earth around them, but nothing he said evokes "higher knowledge". He believed that planets were "suspended in free air" and that comets were planets.

His mnemonic ideas were far more fascinating. He takes images and applies them as memory devices, like associating archetypes with certain words or ideas.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Camera guy shoot video for the Blair Witch Project or every UFO video ever? Not like anything I am shooting is something others are ever gonna watch or want to see clearly... so I'll just sling this camera around over the same things 16 times instead of once nice and easy.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hey guys.

I'm brazilian. I'll investigate the case and try to translate the video.

The funny thing is that the man disapeared in Acre, and in here we joke about that state, because its too far away from anything, in the middle of the amazon rainforest. Seems like a good place for ufo activity/abduction.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

At least there was no silly synth sounds underneath!!

Judging from the video alone, the same book numbers are on the wall and floor around the room. My guess would be that the walls, floor, and ceiling are excerpts from each book where you find the red Roman numerals.

E.g., you will see a red 'II' on the wall so either that is a book that is not on the table or an excerpt from it up there on the wall.

I really would love to have a slow look or list of books on his bookcase!!!

OP, cool find!

S+F and...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In the twilight zone episode this reminds me of, he is the statue

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

That's exactly what I thought. He was trying something and it worked!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken Giordano Bruno was murdered by the Roman Catholic church for teaching the ancient holy science known today as astroltheology.

Astrotheology basically says the characters in the monotheistic religions ancient holy texts were symbols for the sun, planets, and constellations, and how their positions in our sky play a role on humanities collective and individual consciousness.

For instance Jesus is the Sun of god, the 12 desciples are the 12 constellations, Mary magdelane is the moon, Jupiter is Peter the Jew, Judas is the constellations scorpio which is why he gives Jesus the kiss of death, Satan is the planet Saturn.

In Judiasm you have Abraham and the 12 tribes of Israel. Abraham is the sun god, 12 tribes are the constellations.

Islam you have the 12 imams and the 12 tribes.

In all these ancient religions and mythologies you have a lot repeating numbers, which all correspond to the precession of the equinox.

Santos Bonacci has the best astrotheology presentations that i've watched. I believe the flat earth theory was reintroduced to deflect Santos from the truth and discredit everything he says. Up until he started talking about the flat earth he was on to something. For anyone interested in what Giordano Bruno was teaching I recommend watching Santos Bonaccii (up until the flat earth crap)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Peserc

Did a quick Google search of Acre Brazil UFO: Google search

Seems to be quite a bit of activity there, or a station that loves to push this stuff, one or the other.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm extremely intrigued by these types of texts, though in no way an authority on the subject.

I know there have been a few occasions of similar writings found, whether due to unbelievable intelligence or unbridled madness. Either way, the time and thought put into these types of things really points to it being one or the other.
edit on 4-4-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Did a google for vids in English. The only one I found was LiveLeak which had a write up in English with the same phone cam from OP. Seems this story is getting attention in South America judging by the number of videos (all seem to end up showing the same phone cam).

I agree, a 3D scan of the room would be the way to go!

edit on 4-4-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: efforting...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't know but from the little bit shown on video and pics it cannot be his room; there's no bed, closet, clothes, not a desk or a piece of paper or writing tools. This was not a room someone lived in for one month and did that impressive amount of work.
It seems more like a study he transformed, and if that's the case then how could his family not notice it?
I'm curious about this, let's hope more details will be revealed.
S&F

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It kinda has that "performance art" vibe. The statue looks like someones going to come busting out or something.
edit on 4-4-2017 by Sansanoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Oh I dunno you mean something like this?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
Very interesting but we really need a translation of the video, if possible.

The conversation doesn't add a thing to the case, they are mostly talking about some truck that was (I assume) seen near the time of his disappearing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join