It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War - Would you fight and kill?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Plenty of talk on this board and others about a civil war starting in the United States. My question to you all is would you fight and kill your fellow Americans if a civil war did start?

For argument sake, let's say a civil war starts between Democratic and Republican supporters. Would you be willing to take up arms and when it comes down to it, kill a fellow US citizen for your beliefs?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Would you be willing to take up arms and when it comes down to it, kill a fellow US citizen for your beliefs?

Depends on the circumstances. If my family was in danger - you betcha I would kill anyone or anything.
If it was just an issue of "better tasting" vs. "less filling" kind of an issue, then probably not.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
in the scenario you gave...........dems vs repubs.................that matters not a bit to me.

we'd have to come up with a better scenario.........like in the first civil war......north vs south. fighting for the basic human rights of slaves.

i can't stretch my imagination far enough right now to visualize a true civil war with our country as it stands now...........maybe i guess you mean after an apopalyctic event where we lost our technology, goverment......that kind of thing.........

in that scenario........i would take up arms to defend my family,property,livestock.......

angie

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdude

Would you be willing to take up arms and when it comes down to it, kill a fellow US citizen for your beliefs?

Depends on the circumstances. If my family was in danger - you betcha I would kill anyone or anything.
If it was just an issue of "better tasting" vs. "less filling" kind of an issue, then probably not.

OOOHHH GOSH...........superdude............here we go agreeing yet AGAIN! i'm scared!!!

angie

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I agree that the Dem vs Rep scenario isn't really a strong one...just what I came up with off the top of my head. So, another question, which you delved into already above...what set of events would have to happen for you to fight in a civil war?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Anyone who knows anything about early 19th-20th century Russia will tell you: in revolutions and in civil wars, the vast majority of the people will simply go home, lock there doors, close the curtains, and hope nothing happens that involves them.

In saying this, the idea of a civil war taking place in the US, like the Civil War of the 1860s, where two opposing sides declared war, is remote. As to the question asked: I will wait and worry about whether I will arm, defend, and kill when and if such an occurance takes place. In this applied hypothetical case, 'what if' isn't cutting it for me. This is the nation I live in, was born in, and will probably die in, and to sit around wondering which side I would take "IF" a civil war took place is redundant and a waste of creative thinking. Sorry.

Maybe the better question would have been: Which side would you take if civil war broke out in your own country?

seekerof

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
it would have to be a total breakdown of civilization as we know it. goverment........GONE.........cities.........GONE...........banking......GONE

it would have to be a total wipeout of our society and the people left behind are fighting to establish new goverment..........

in that scenario i would fight.

angie

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Anyone who knows anything about early 19th-20th century Russia will tell you: in revolutions and in civil wars, the vast majority of the people will simply go home, lock there doors, cloase the curtains, and hope nothing happens that involves them.

well mr of, id have to say that the vast majority of people would indeed lock themselves away, until the power and water get shut off. without our prescious TV people will bonkers and fight and die! or curl up in a ball and go insane (think tree house of horror season 4). no tv no beer make sturod something something

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You see, most of the answers here are right along with my thinking. I've been in debates on this board and others about the possibility of a civil ware breaking out, and there are those out there that swear up and down that it's coming, and soon.

I, on the other hand, discount call of an upcoming civil war as much as most posters in this thread. Society would have to completely collapse for such a scenario to come to fruition.

Thank you all for your responses :-)

[edit on 2-2-2005 by sensfan]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If radical gangs of terrorists and anarchists were roaming fast swaths of the country and attacking the public and government, then I don't think that many people wouldn't respond in some way.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
my opinion, is a civil war would need a division by class, not politics, to really erupt.

another scenario, is bush invades Iran, and there is a movement to remove hom from power, more of a coup or overthrow than a civil war, but I can see it happening......

either way, the only way I'm taking up arms against a fellow american is if they come up to conecticut and try to take it over by the use of force...I wouldn't join to go somewhere else and take it over by force....I might join a movement to remove bush if he invades Iran

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Honestly, I doubt that I would participate willingly in a Civil war. Although, if word we're to break out that 9/11 was an inside NWO job, with the eventual enslavement of our future generation by our government elite...

Then, ya sure I would kick some politician/police state arse!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I will kill, without hesitation, for my survival and for the survival of those under my protection. However, I would not go looking for a fight.

~Walk softly and carry a big stick~

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Civil war is sometimes viewed as the worst type of war....

If civil war were to break out in the UK, I would fight if i judged the cause just.
I would not fight if there was a simple call to arms by either side, I would only side with a 'side' if I believed in their cause and their goal in the conflict.

But civil war in the Uk is very very unlikely......

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All though I fantasize about killing people on the other side of the political spectrum all the time, I probably wouldn't have the stomach for it.

I also don't have anyone to protect so I'd probably just run to another country or hide. The only way I'd kill is if I could be sure to not be in any physical danger and it was someone I really hated.

As for the idea that "we're all Americans and we wouldn't kill one another", I think that may have been true 5 years ago, but not now. The divisions run deep and whether you want to believe it or not, the bloodlust stirs in people's hearts. On both sides....

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't think civil war will just get announced on the evening news. It would be preceded by some kind of dividing moment or a period of utter despair.

Let's imagine a scenario: It's not civil war yet, but you have been hungry for four weeks. The gov't is telling you that food is on the way and the problem will be resolved soon, but meanwhile, people have picked every shelf bare and every garden is empty. Would you kill then? If your child was crying from hunger and so were a hundred other children of other families?

If the food depot was set up and as food was distributed, the uniformed GIs were kicking at people and displaying a superior attitude, would you kill then?

If your significant other was bashed in the face with a baton because the crowd pushed them too close to the police-line, would you react then?

What about when an idiot guard opens fire under orders from his superiors? Would you be willing to kill that confused American soldier-boy if he's dropping hungry Americans dead on the spot?

I believe food scarcity is being engineered in the US and so I have considered this scenario before. Yes, I believe I would kill to prevent starvation of my loved ones. If it's just war over property? No.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
As a young man of 21...I can tell you this. If a civil war did break out.....I would only fight for certain reasons....I would fight for the protection of this country and it's people....I would fight against anything that i believe in my heart to be wrong....but only if it were life threatning to others, and by force. I wouldn't fight for the fat cat politicians that wont send there own sons into battle. i wont fight for something i don't believe in....and i wont hurt someone who is inocent and has nothing to do with the true issue at hand. and i agree....you can bet the rear end your sittin on that if it came down to my family....it's gonna be a long night!
HoundDog

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If the food depot was set up and as food was distributed, the uniformed GIs were kicking at people and displaying a superior attitude, would you kill then?

serious this is what worries me man, the state controlled everything. on alex jones they talk of government controlling all of the water, kidnapping children just to keep us in check. what happens when all of the commerce run directly through the military???

either cooperate or go live under the bridge and drink the toxic green river water

i know this would be an extreme scenario, to a certain extent however im sure all of these things have, or will happen at some point in the future.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I would give my last dying breath defending my family. If one side threatened my family, then I can promise you I would take up arms agianst that side. Without hesitation, I would kill those who wish to kill my family or myself. But ONLY if threatened. They would have to come look for the fight.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican.

But you'd better believe I'd defend my family!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join