It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I haven't been here since your election madness. How is it going? Moscow calling!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So, hello from Moscow! We are still having some snow here (I'm waving hello to Prince as well).

The last time I was here it was so hot! Top 20 threads were about the US elections: Trump said this, Hillary did that, all that stuff. I couldn't abide such madness and had simply tuned out (and I haven't read any news at all for about 4-5 months). As far as I can see, some shills were made redundant (no offence, please))). And I still remember...whatdoyoucallher...Sillyomile, right? Oh, she was damn hot...And a moderation policy was silly as well at that time (LOL).

Now tell me, what did I miss? Was it worth it? What about the Mexican wall? ISIS? MAGA? Was I right about the winner's initials? Or forget the elections and politics, tell me how is it going after all?!
edit on 2017 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

Did you say Moscow? Be careful, you might appear as the Boogeyman to some folks. Make sure you have photo proof of your ID, and proof of residence. Welcome back and be safe.
edit on 4-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well welcome back ...tell us your take on the protests that have been going on over there .

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

ISIS?

Seems more like a Russian problem now..

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Hmmm, it appears to be going o.k. as long as we dont turn on the tv news. The economy is perking along fairly well. The endless and irresolvable cold race war is still mostly cold and probably wont heat up until this summer.

Politics is useless as ever, every one pointing fingers at every one else. Media giants making up phony news stories and pushing left wing opinion as fact. Interesting note: the Democrats and their media shills are daily pushing the idea that Russia hacked the election and thats why Trump won. I would guess half the country believes it, i.e., East Coast and Left Coast. Fly over country believes nothing the leftist media says.

There's one minefield you would want to avoid, discussion of Crimea. There's been some heated debate about that but most appear to be irreconciliably ignorant about the history of Crimea and the Don Bas region, so theres no reason to get into the debate.

Thanks,
TonyS

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Everything is backwards. The communists are afraid of the Russians and the so-called capitalists are in bed with them.

Boys are girls. Evil is good. Dogs and cats are living together.

Mass hysteria. It's a blast to watch, albeit confusing as all hell.

How are things in Moscow?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Did you say Moscow? Be careful, you might appear as the Boogeyman to some folks. Make sure you have photo proof of your ID, and proof of residence. Welcome back and be safe.

You got me wrong, I'm from Idaho and we don't carry our IDs, we carry potatoes instead.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Здравствуйте 🙂 Сосед (Hello neighbour)
Did I get that right? I have two different translators, and I had an auto correct on "northern" so I left it out (северныи)?

Trying to learn your alphabet, Russian is so hard to pronounce. I'm learning online for about 15 minutes a day. First time I've tried to learn a second language, maybe I'll be able to visit the country in my old age.

Still some snow off and on in middle Canada too.

Us politics is still kind of crazy...you didn't miss much. They're still blaming Russia for Trump...😕
American politics is hard to watch, but it feels like a good idea to keep track of the psychological weirdness of the USA government.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

What? You remember s.o.m. and not ME? I'm hot too.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Oh, THAT Moscow.
Well, привет anyways.....

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Well welcome back ...tell us your take on the protests that have been going on over there .

There's nothing new: the "Government" is really afraid of protests, pickets and meetings. They can interrupt even a single one-man picket (!). This a savagery and a violation of rights, IMO.

Instead of creating a real political system, they tighten the screws on people.

Why? To stay in power, of course.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Russian around so much that you haven't been able to stop in here?

I like potatoes. My dad used to raise them in the Copper country and I helped sort them and peddle them when I was a kid. We used to sell pecks of them for fifty cents, they were no. 1s. Number 2s were a quarter a peck. Now the number ones aren't as good as the number 2s we used to sell. My question is where are the real number 1s going?

We always ate the ones we could not sell, the weird shaped ones. Everyone wanted perfect potatoes. It doesn't matter to me, don't care for green ones though, my dad told me not to eat the green ones. Now, there are green potatoes in every bag around here we buy.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Hmmm, it appears to be going o.k. as long as we dont turn on the tv news. The economy is perking along fairly well. The endless and irresolvable cold race war is still mostly cold and probably wont heat up until this summer.

Politics is useless as ever, every one pointing fingers at every one else. Media giants making up phony news stories and pushing left wing opinion as fact. Interesting note: the Democrats and their media shills are daily pushing the idea that Russia hacked the election and thats why Trump won. I would guess half the country believes it, i.e., East Coast and Left Coast. Fly over country believes nothing the leftist media says.

There's one minefield you would want to avoid, discussion of Crimea. There's been some heated debate about that but most appear to be irreconciliably ignorant about the history of Crimea and the Don Bas region, so theres no reason to get into the debate.

Thanks,
TonyS

Thank you for your detailed answer! Seems like the circus must go on.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Everything is backwards. The communists are afraid of the Russians and the so-called capitalists are in bed with them.

Boys are girls. Evil is good. Dogs and cats are living together.

Mass hysteria. It's a blast to watch, albeit confusing as all hell.

How are things in Moscow?

Definitely not as amusing as in the place you've described!))
I appreciate your answer!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Moscow? Yikes! (Slowly walks backwards out of thread).....

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Lol. You should know. You guys are being held responsible for trump being elected.

Welcome back. How are Russians reacting to our Politics right now?
edit on 4-4-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You haven't missed a thing. Trump has overturned every executive order Obama has ever signed. But other than that, nothing has changed. The lobbyist still get whatever they want. And the American people are effed the arse. The rich keep getting richer. And the middle class is being driven deeper and deeper into poverty wages.

There's a bunch buzz about Russia. But I can't make any sense of it. I'm not sure if it's the Democrats or Republicans who will face charges. I imagine it will be business as usual with multiple laws being broken and no case brought against any politician.

edit on 4-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The last time I was here it was so hot! Top 20 threads were about the US elections: Trump said this, Hillary did that, all that stuff. I couldn't abide such madness and had simply tuned out (and I haven't read any news at all for about 4-5 months)

Lol. No news is good news. The world didn't explode, but you already know that.

As far as...

What about the Mexican wall?

Still only a conspiracy theory.

ISIS?

They have spread to literally every country the uS is waging aggressive war in. Imagine that...

Assad must go has changed to, ISIS must go.

Or forget the elections and politics, tell me how is it going after all?!

No change, the ATS political bandwagon churns ever onward. Watch out for the chuckholes.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Assad must go has changed to, ISIS must go.

Many people have claimed ISIS is a CIA black ops group.

"The document, which is official US Special Forces policy, directly advocates training paramilitaries, pervasive surveillance, censorship, press control, restrictions on labor unions & political parties, suspending habeas corpus, warrantless searches, detainment without charge, bribery, employing terrorists, false flag operations, concealing human rights abuses from journalists, and extensive use of "psychological operations" (propaganda) to make these and other "population & resource control" measures palatable.""

https://__._/wiki/US_Special_Forces_Foreign_Internal_Defense_Tactics_Techniques_and_Procedures_for_Special_Forces,_FM_31.20-3,_2003

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Здравствуйте 🙂 Сосед (Hello neighbour)
Did I get that right? I have two different translators, and I had an auto correct on "northern" so I left it out (северныи)?

Trying to learn your alphabet, Russian is so hard to pronounce. I'm learning online for about 15 minutes a day. First time I've tried to learn a second language, maybe I'll be able to visit the country in my old age.

Still some snow off and on in middle Canada too.

Us politics is still kind of crazy...you didn't miss much. They're still blaming Russia for Trump...😕
American politics is hard to watch, but it feels like a good idea to keep track of the psychological weirdness of the USA government.

I love Canada! I will visit it someday.

"Hello, northern neighbour" = "Привет, северный сосед".
("Здравствуйте" is much more formal, something like "How do you do?")
I must say the pronunciation is not that difficult (compared to Asian languages, for instance). The grammar is the real problem. Feel free to ask me anything I can do to help you in your language acquisition (and I mean it). I love both Russian and English and I love helping people.

As for the "psychological weirdness", I don't think that is the issue, they feed us with what we accept to be fed with.
edit on 2017 by JedemDasSeine because: grammar)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join