It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, Peter has a chance to accept the real truth, and make it known, the result of that would create a interest in our masses. To take notice, and speak with some 'Ball's' Will invite a deeper concept for those that have not considered what's above them.. I don't suspect I will be proven incorrectly... It's a paycheck, not the truth!
A true reporter will make it what it is.....Regardless!
Next Patsie please...... But I like the suit!
Jesse.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
But regardless of what is actually explored on the show at least it's exposure to the public of some sort. Exposure is what will attract the publics attention yet again to the subject. I think there are alot of people that at least entertain the idea of other life forms but to what degree who knows. Could you imagine if the government decided one day ok sure lets just let the cat out of the bag and tell the public everything full disclosure.
People would be in mass hysteria. Imagine waking up one morning only to discover that the world in which you live really isn't "real". Aliens run us, the world, our creation etc...our whole believe system would be shot. Many would feel betrayed and worse frightened. To realize you have no control and were considered a "container" for the aliens.
No, I don't think everyone is really ready for full disclosure but perhaps spoon feeding it to us will get us onboard and thinking at least.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

People would be in mass hysteria.

I've always found it funny that this is the MAJOR problem that people think will occur...this is but a minor concern...

Check the other thread regarding disclosure

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You know,

The more I think about it, the more I think that the exact opposite of anarchy would occur if knowledge of aliens -- especially cold and hostile ones -- got out. Yeah, people would be freaked out and lose sleep... hell, people might go around looting and sleeping with whomever for a few days. Ultimately, though, most people would support the creation of an ultra-strong government and a planet wide military.

Why?

Because people, though possessing an unpredictable style, are ultimately the most rational of animals (on earth, at least). It wouldn't take long for people to decide that the ONLY goal left for the world's population would be to build a massive 'star wars' style defense system. Hell, my guess is that people would be mailing their live's savings into the defense department so as to add to putting 'just one more' high energy laser up into orbit.

So... in a way, you could argue that the lack of disclosure either indicates that TPTB DO NOT want a militarized society... or that the aliens are friendly. If they weren't friendly, the governments of the world would have an almost unlimited pool of manpower to draw from if war with aliens was openly acknowledged.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

"When we got to the end, I realized two things. First of all, that many of the people who had these experiences were the very people -- police officers, pilots, military personnel and ordinary citizens -- who we regard as being trustworthy and, not only that, very valuable to our society because they protect us.

"Secondly," he continued, "we came to conclude, as with the Kennedy program, that the government, by not taking something particularly seriously at various moments in time, has contributed to undermining people's trust and probably contributing to some theories that don't hold water."

"But ... people do tend to see the media through their own particular prism. What I find lacking in television and in broadcasting information these days, is that reporting is outweighed by opinion. ... Most people don't understand what they're getting unless they absorb a wide variety of information from numerous sources."

[edit on 16-2-2005 by netobrev]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I hope that this show will be able to live up to it's billing. The debunkers will probably dominate the end of the show, definately sounds like a ratings ploy.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Spy Sentinel]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Can anybody tell me how we can watch this here in the UK?

I have read a lot about this show and will go absolutely barmy if we can't get to see it here.

I am sure there are loads of ATS readers in the UK that would love to be able to see this show!

Will it be on satelite TV?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I received this in a newsletter email today from UnknownCountry.com, thought I'd share.

ABC Special to Call for Scientific Research on UFOs

A Peter Jennings Special to air on ABC on February 24 will conclude that there has been inadequate scientific research into the UFO phenomenon.

The special will concentrate on UFO footage more than the abduction phenomenon or government secrecy. Skeptics will be given a hearing, but the program will draw a similar conclusion to a paper that recently appeared in the British Journal of Interplanetary Science.

In the peer-reviewed article, four prominent scientists, James Deardorff, Hal Puthoff, Bernard Haisch and Bruce Macabee suggest that understanding being gained from new discoveries in physics mean that it is almost inevitable that aliens are here and have been here for a long time.

Mr. Jennings will suggest that there is too much UFO evidence to be ignored, and that if even a small amount of it represents objects under intelligent control, serious and effective scientific research is needed.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
that blurb sounds good.....

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yes, a little more positive.

We'll find out for sure soon. Just a little over a week away now.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
then there's this blurb from abcnews.com:

Today if you report a UFO to the U.S. government you will be informed that the Air Force conducted a 22-year investigation that ended in 1969 and concluded that UFOs are not a threat to national security and are of no scientific interest. But as one of the world's leading theoretical physicists says in the program, "You simply cannot dismiss the possibility that some of these UFO sightings are actually sightings from some object created by … a civilization perhaps millions of years ahead of us in technology."

we live in interesting times.....the fact that this theme is going to be presented to the american public on abc during primetime, by a respected news anchor -- even if klass and his brethren "sabotage" the broadcast, i think its a positive for the ufo community.

SMR

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
TIVO - TORRENT ...... anyone?

I just hope this doesnt turn into something that alot of these turn into.A bunch a sceptics and little word from those who have info that may be vital or of concern.After all,it is the media and Im sure alot of good stuff that could be told,wont

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
cant wait to watch it Peter Jennings dont let me down!

damn i need an avatar too.....

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just a further thought on this.

With the X-prize being resolved and commercial space flight ("space tourists") not only a probabilty, but actually in development, I would suggest that if there is something to be seen out there it soon will be.

Yes these flights will not be true "space flight" in the sense of cruising to the moon and back, and they are only in "space" for a few minutes. However, they (the tourists) will probably all have cameras with them (how could they not on that trip?), so there will probably be an abundance of private space photography in the relatively near future.

Once people get into a place where such a secret if it exists can no longer be hidden from public view disclosure must be inevitable. No government will allow themselves to be caught in a lie by the general public. Assuming of course there is a lie to be disclosed.

The Xprize site

I have read that every space flight has had company of some sort up there, and if for a minute that this is correct then it follows that any private vehicle up there will be "checked out" as well. Especially as this service advances and people are able to go further in space and stay longer. (And where tourists go, hotels soon follow...)

So, just maybe, this special won't go the same way of ones in the past and just rehash the same stories and pictures. I think that being realistic it is wrong to expect any earth-shattering news from it, but if they are finally facing up to an inevitable discovery of the "big secret" it might just be the start of an interesting time of information release.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 17-2-2005 by whita]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The "truth" is out there.. RATINGS!!!!! The sponsors will be soooooo......... happy if ABC's ratings go up a little that night. Good night for Kodak, Nikon, or any of the film or camera companies to increase their revenues.. Jennings the jackass will probably be his downer self as always! And then he wonders why he is so low in the ratings.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
damnit i cant wait for this thing it would very sad if its just a primetime debunking as we think it might be.....(sigh) what ya gonna do
but hey it might be a good show only time will tell folks

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
pulled this from rense....it bears passing on, i think:

Peter Jennings Gives
UFOlogists A Hand
By Charlette LeFevre
2-17-5

"More than 80 million Americans believe the earth has been visited by extraterrestrials"
"More than 40 million Americans believe they have seen or know someone who has seen an unidentified flying object."

Peter Jennings feels the answers to UFOs may be in these statistics, a subject for his upcoming ABC Special "Seeing is Believing" to air Feb. 24th. A ground making special itself as this will be the first time the subject of UFOs has been taken on personally by a major network anchor. Jennings said "This is one of the most interesting subjects I've worked on" when he was taping for a Northwest Afternoon program in Seattle February 16th in front of a small audience.

Investigative Reporter

The show provided a format which highlighted Peter Jenning's broadcast career starting from the age of nine, his notable interviews with foreign leaders and presidents, a clip of him stating tenaciously to the American public "We are going to stay on the air until NASA has told us what it knows" and a clip of him holding a piece of the Berlin Wall. The program also commented on his recent trip to Iraq and his first interview with Bill Gates just that morning. The show gave him a chance to show himself, his witty humor behind his handsome smile and indeed that he can even blush when a female audience member called him "hot, suave, elegant and awesome". Everyone agrees with applause which makes Peter turn even more red and smile. Yes, he is hot.
He is also inquiring and a bit of his drive might be indicative in his last special on the JFK Assassination. I believe Peter Jennings doesn't want important information to be overlooked to leave future generations wondering why media didn't responsibly ask the questions.
When asked why a UFO special, Peter Jennings stated he didn't know as much about this subject until about a year ago when he started filming this special but "as I keep telling people I work for the news division of ABC not the entertainment division and when 80 million people are interested in something, I wanted to investigate."

On the show a sneak peek of his special was previewed which showed UFO photos, a sighting case involving police and statements from abductees. I was able to ask Peter Jennings if he himself has had any personal sightings or experiences. Peter Jennings related no but stated he raises an issue in his program that if he did have a sighting who would he call? Who would he tell? He urgently pointed out the government would say they are not in the business of UFOs and dismiss the call but might be referred to a man called Peter Davenport. Peter Jennings then excitedly announced Davenport's presence in the audience. Jennings has been working on his special program and had previously contacted Peter Davenport, the Director of the National UFO Reporting Center which was founded in 1972 by retired Seattle firefighter Robert Gribble.
Davenport stated the ABC special on UFOs may be a "landmark program" and significant in the sense it may allow people to feel more comfortable to discuss this issue as he felt there was a certain degree of suppression of this subject.

First Responders

Peter Jennings mentioned " Because so many of the people we interviewed actually turned out to be the very kind of people who in this day and age - the first responders we rely on - airline pilots, both commercial and military, people who work in the police and I was very struck by the seriousness of the people who believed in this and talk about it.

I was also struck - and you see alot in the program - how government failed, all the way from the 1940s when the first UFOs became an issue, how government failed to take this seriously."

Jennings then stated Davenport at least may like that they took the issue seriously and the people involved in UFOlogy seriously.

Without a doubt this is what every UFOlogist and interested person in UFOs has been dreaming about - serious recognition on the "six-o'clock" news.
Groundbreaking and relieving that this breakthrough has occurred in our lifetime. We can now sit our kids in front of the TV in the same way our parents and grandparents watched the moon landing and tell them they are watching something historical.

But something else happened that should be known.

The Handshake

When the film stopped rolling between segments, Peter Jennings unexpectedly got up from his chair, walked across the stage over to where Peter Davenport was sitting and respectfully shook Peter Davenport's hand. Then he quickly sat down.

Wow. I think something happened here. Something monumental

A feeling that a wall between people and the media regarding UFOs that has been in place for years just shattered

I believe at that very moment of the handshake, UFOlogy was suddenly recognized by mainstream media and along with that to some degree the importance of sightings and experiences of millions of people was acknowleged.

I didn't hear a chorus of angels or see a beam of light shine down from the heavens - it was after all a simple handshake but I would like to think that whatever prompted the handshake, with an exchange of kind words, there was a silent acknowlegement of respect for a fellow reporter, perhaps a common feeling of understanding of our humanity or even if you will an imagined cosmic cellular transfer of information. In any manner, I believe our understanding of asking the question if we are alone in the universe just got a helping hand.

Charlette LeFevre
Director Seattle UFO/Paranormal Group
Co-Director Seattle Museum of the Mysteries

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Maybe we're getting closer to full disclosure than I originally thought. I didn't think any of the big 3 would touch this subject for years to come.

Peace

yeah, i'll say this again. Hopefully this isn't another debunker/disinformation/let's all act stupid and not know what were talking about type of thing. *sigh* anyone agree that it's hard to keep an optimistic look on things?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

RATINGS!

There is the one and only reason for this show. I am going to make a guess that this show will be conspiracy-lite, geared toward a zombie nation that comes home and eats dinner and then watches the tube until they go to bed. CBS will have Survivor, NBC will have whatever godawful programming they have, Fox will have some over the top reality show and ABC is countering with this show. If you have watched the numerous shows on Sci-Fi, History and Discovery channels then you have probably seen everything that ABC will show, only put together a little differently.

There will be no grand disclosure or any form of closure for that matter, just a piecemeal documentary that is as openended when it concludes as when it begins.

Sorry if if I seem like such a drag but I do not have an ounce of faith in any major television network to act out of anything but financial interest and I don't see where scaring the hell out the world by admitting the aliens were here would sell more products for their advertising sponsors.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Geez, I always thought Peter Jennings was an alien himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join