It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cade

Your logic and the above words cannot be true at the same time...

Sincerely

Cade

In my post that you quoted i was mostly referring to shows like "UFO Files" and "Conspiracy" on the History Channel and other shows on Sci-Fi etc. about aliens...not the mainstream media news.

[edit on 9/2/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have read some interesting views on this program upcoming and Jennings. As far as disclosure coming, perhaps disclosure is coming not from goverments but elsewhere?
as far as Jennings and the JFK and his murder, I really think Jennings sided with the science and may have missed the in-betweens.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

I have read some interesting views on this program upcoming and Jennings. As far as disclosure coming, perhaps disclosure is coming not from goverments but elsewhere?
as far as Jennings and the JFK and his murder, I really think Jennings sided with the science and may have missed the in-betweens.
Dallas

I hear ya, but that's not the way I, and I'm sure others, viewed it. While I was watching it I felt like he was trying to force me to see something that I just didn't see. I think that the JFK special he did was a slap in the face to a majority of Americans. I could make a better argument to Mr. Jennings than he even came close to making to me.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General
Did you hear they are cracking down on sites like torrent.

Feb 5 - FILE SHARING LOCK DOWN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploaders to eDonkey.com, Bit Torrent and other file-sharing networks beware: The commercial equivalent to Big Brother is watching you.

continued above...

OH FER F$&S SAKE, ITS A NEWS PROGRAM!

Or are you trying to deny me the right to be educated?

[edit on 9-2-2005 by nukunuku]

[edit on 9-2-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

"I could be the best Internet op around. I still could never stop the piracy completely," Ishikawa said.

"Theft of intellectual property is so prevalent on the Internet that I will never put myself out of business," he said.

OH FER F$&S SAKE, ITS A NEWS PROGRAM!

Or are you trying to deny me the right to be educated?

[edit on 9-2-2005 by nukunuku]

Drew Da General is probably point trolling because it's just a clip and paste from an article. But they are words that should be observed. Especially it should be observed here on ATS, where a few torrent links could get the website shutdown and ruin it for us all. If you want do trade these things, keep them in their place. At the very least, I myself don't want to loose my right to post hyperlinks or images!

Take note of the word Ishikawa was quoted as saying. He's running a business; he is hired by companies to find pirates.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
ok sorry about that, i didnt think it was that big of a deal.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
seth i wasnt point trolling someone sent me that in an email and i thought i would share it here.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Lets look at the facts.

Fact 1- Disney owns ABC.

Fact 2- Disney has at least two movies coming out soon that deal with aliens.

A- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
B- Chicken Little

There is another thread on ATS about this (three movies coming out soon....). Check it out.

There is another movie on that page, War of the Worlds, I can't connect it to Disney, but with all of Disney's holdings it's possible there's a connection.

I expect to see advertisements for these movies during the special.

We'll have to wait and see how informative the special is. I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

seth i wasnt point trolling someone sent me that in an email and i thought i would share it here.

Sorry, but hmmm, from all outward appearances it looked that way. I failed to see how your comment of 'did you hear' and the plagiarizing of an article were directly related to the topic of copy write infringement. I get it now, thanks!

BTW: The original article can be found here. A simple google search was all it took to find where it came from....

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
To finish what I posted above, War of the Worlds is a Paramount/Dreamworks production. Disney and Dreamworks work together through their branch companies. Disney owns Miramax and Touchstone. Both collaborate with Dreamworks companies like Amblin. They have worked together on movies, such as Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Absent Minded Professor, and The Hours. Dreamworks is owned by David Geffen, Spielberg, and Jeffrey Katzenberg. Katzenberg used to work for Disney. Michael Eisner, CEO of Disney, used to work for Paramount. Isn't it possible that the studios are working together. The possibility of the media airing this "news" broadcast simply to accelerate box office sales is growing more plausible by the second.

It certainly makes me doubt the credibility of our news. Who do you trust when certain information is maybe withheld or made up do to Hollywood interference?

www.presidentialufo.com...
The above site is about a meeting between Spielberg and former president Reagan to watch E.T.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Front page news story.

WE ARE BEING VISITED BY BEINGS FROM ANOTHER WORLD.

The government that had the impirical proof would tell the other governments of the world, and the United Nations. Then the President would make an address to the United States and to the world.

Then after that, there would not be much else because it would be either that we would be engaged in a war witht the Alien intruders, or we would have some form of communication or understanding co-existing agreement, or exchange, or we would not be in contact with them, and they keep dodging our slow technology and continue to do the same things they where doing before they got caught in the act.

I think it would be the last thing, we would have proof that there are objects not of this world coming in and out of this planets atmosphere at will, and there is nothing we could do about it. We would not have anything fast enough to catch them, and no technology advanced enough to communicate with them. It would be like an offbalance game of cat and mouse. The mouse comes in and observes and studies the cat then retreats.

Also does it mean anything simply because we were here first? How does a species lay claim to a planet? We inhabit this planet but do we consider it owned by us, or do we merely use it?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Saw my first network commercial for the special last night. It didn't say much, but had that feel like "you have to watch this show, your life depends on it".

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Saw my first network commercial for the special last night. It didn't say much, but had that feel like "you have to watch this show, your life depends on it".

Then it's a proper sweeps week promo...
I'm sure we'll (those in this forum) all be watching....

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

This will be the first complete show I've actually watched on ABC since the JFK thing. I never watch ABC, but I really want to see this commercial. I guess I'll just have to suck it up. Time to break out the PIP function.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
At the bottom of this post is a link to information about the special itself. It seems to me that this will be a fair and balanced treatment of the subject and will examine some of the better known and harder to debunk events such as Roswell, the Phoenix Lights, Illinois in 2000, etc. Reading ABCs summary of the show and accounting for the title "Seeing is Believing" makes me hopeful that concerns about this being a forum for debunkers is over blown.

My opinion is that this is absolutely GROUND BREAKING and may signal a change in the wind when it comes to Disclosure. For all of us, myself included, who thought that major media was complicit with a coverup, this is exciting and rather surprising. Maybe the Disney connection is signficant.

The fact that this is a Prime Time special during sweeps week by a well respected journalist allows the potential for this topic to really come away from the fringe and be more mainstream. Maybe it will even lead to some ground swell of public support for Greer's Disclosure efforts when it comes to Congressional Hearings.

see link below.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfdp
At the bottom of this post is a link to information about the special itself. It seems to me that this will be a fair and balanced treatment of the subject and will examine some of the better known and harder to debunk events such as Roswell, the Phoenix Lights, Illinois in 2000, etc. Reading ABCs summary of the show and accounting for the title "Seeing is Believing" makes me hopeful that concerns about this being a forum for debunkers is over blown.

My opinion is that this is absolutely GROUND BREAKING and may signal a change in the wind when it comes to Disclosure. For all of us, myself included, who thought that major media was complicit with a coverup, this is exciting and rather surprising. Maybe the Disney connection is signficant.

The fact that this is a Prime Time special during sweeps week by a well respected journalist allows the potential for this topic to really come away from the fringe and be more mainstream. Maybe it will even lead to some ground swell of public support for Greer's Disclosure efforts when it comes to Congressional Hearings.

see link below.

abcnews.go.com...

I checked out the link and am officially pumped!!

I have one question about this quote:

"Phoenix, March 1997 — Hundreds witness a huge triangular craft moving slowly over the city."

Can anyone here tell me how only hundreds witnessed something that large and moving that slowly over PHOENIX?? Phones all over that city had to be ringing off the hook. I would assume the number would have been in the 10,000 range. Are they just downplaying the event? Is that just the number of people who called some emergency service or media outlet?? Just a thought.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have read several good books about the Phoenix lights. At least several thousand people saw the lights and the phones were ringing off the hook at both the local Air Force base (which ridiculously claimed they were flares--since roundly dismissed) and local radio and TV stations. Good video was shot by citizens which will likely be included in the ABC special.

The following daym amidst much public uproar about this incredible event, the mayor of Phoenix showed up at a news conference in a ridiculous Grey Alien costume in order to marginalize and spoof the whole event. It obviously worked.

I hope this ABC special blows the lid off this whole thing and returns dignity to the countless UFO witnesses who have been subject to ridicule and marginilization.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The following is a quote from Jennings taken form the ABC link promoting the special...

"As a journalist," says Jennings, "I began this project with a healthy dose of skepticism and as open a mind as possible. After almost 150 interviews with scientists, investigators and with many of those who claim to have witnessed unidentified flying objects, there are important questions that have not been completely answered — and a great deal not fully explained."

I would think that his final comments (if he even has any) at the end of the show will be that of someone who thinks we may never know the truth. But, how cool would it be if he declared the the evidence that he encountered during his investigation persuaded him to admit that he is now a "believer"

Another interesting exerpt from the link...

Today if you report a UFO to the U.S. government you will be informed that the Air Force conducted a 22-year investigation that ended in 1969 and concluded that UFOs are not a threat to national security and are of no scientific interest. But as one of the world's leading theoretical physicists says in the program, "You simply cannot dismiss the possibility that some of these UFO sightings are actually sightings from some object created by … a civilization perhaps millions of years ahead of us in technology."

I like that they put this in there! Saying that the idea that you can't dismiss these UFO sightings comes from "one of the world's leading theoretical physicists". I too am very pumped to see this!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Anyone that's been following the UFO pheomenon and has seen "primetime" programs on the subject has to be suspicious of this. I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a huge debunking program. After all Peter Jennings can't say that the UFO phenomenon is real (that's really aliens) and keep his credibility..

It will probably follow the pattern of most UFO debunking shows. They'll have some good cases and examples to get your attention at first then spend the second half of the show debunking it. I wouldn't be surprised if CSICOP is behind this whole thing. No better way that to kill all interest in UFOs than a live primetime execution.

Edit: I don't mean to come off as pessimistic but I've been intensely interested in the UFO phenomenon since I was in 1st grade (i'm 24 now) and I've been disappointed many times when it seems that partial or full disclosure is imminent. I've learned not to get my hopes up....none of you should either.

[edit on 2/3/2005 by Flinx]

I totally agree with Flinx.........The way that ABC and Peter Jennings went about conducting there own research on UFO's points to debunking in the end... They left very little clues on what the show will consist to the people they interviewed. Therefore they will come to a conclusion, much like they did with the JFK show.

Also included are the voices of professional skeptics about UFOs, abcnews.go.com...

They will save this for the end and have all you UFO fanatics throwing bricks at the tv

Personally, I hope it doesn't end this way.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Peter Jennings has stated that he started making the documentary as a skeptic, but after interviewing over 100 people and making this documentary he feels there is much about UFOs left unexplained. At least he's not saying he's still skeptic. I don't think this will be as bad as some of the History channel shows (ie Roswell).

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join