It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Also take into account that on Feb 25th, Discovery or TLC, will have a special on that evening, 7-8 EST. This program has never been shown... It could be good!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Let me add just one more angle to this discussion. The government is going to look at the ratings of this show to decide the timeframe for disclosure. Low ratings-bad for the people (especially if it gets beat out by 'Queer Eye For the Straight Guy), high ratings-good for the people. Just a thought.

Peace

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is the Dr. Steven Greer Disclosure Project UFO show they told me about a long time ago while they were in the middle of making it. Can't wait to see it and have millions of others see it!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well, if it was on after 'The View', then it was probably seen by millions of housewives who probably didn't give a damn anyways.

Peace

Hey!I'm a "housewife" or rather, house cleaner, dinner cooker, grocery buyer, and most importantly children raiser. and i would most definately give a damn if I saw that. Still can't believe how some men can be such donkey behinds!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by diana

Well, if it was on after 'The View', then it was probably seen by millions of housewives who probably didn't give a damn anyways.

Peace

Hey!I'm a "housewife" or rather, house cleaner, dinner cooker, grocery buyer, and most importantly children raiser. and i would most definately give a damn if I saw that. Still can't believe how some men can be such donkey behinds!

Sorry to you Diana. I have much respect for the job that housewives do. I would guess that, among housewives, you are in the minority though.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm sure he meant the "average" housewife in general probably isn't too concerned about the subject...
Just as the average Joe on the street isn't exactly thinking about it all day either...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Anyone that's been following the UFO pheomenon and has seen "primetime" programs on the subject has to be suspicious of this. I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a huge debunking program. After all Peter Jennings can't say that the UFO phenomenon is real (that's really aliens) and keep his credibility..

It will probably follow the pattern of most UFO debunking shows. They'll have some good cases and examples to get your attention at first then spend the second half of the show debunking it. I wouldn't be surprised if CSICOP is behind this whole thing. No better way that to kill all interest in UFOs than a live primetime execution.

Edit: I don't mean to come off as pessimistic but I've been intensely interested in the UFO phenomenon since I was in 1st grade (i'm 24 now) and I've been disappointed many times when it seems that partial or full disclosure is imminent. I've learned not to get my hopes up....none of you should either.

[edit on 2/3/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well, if all the show is will be a debunking of UFO sightings that would be bias. I know that allot of us view most media as being bias anyway. However when we see things like this we have to respond. We have to write letters. We have to e-mail. We have to call the stations. Bias news shows lose credibility. That is something the ABC can't afford to lose. As it was said here before it is the last of the networks with a credible news anchor.
We will have to wait to see.

[edit on 3/2/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Flinx, good point! However, for those that are in tune with what might be presented.... It will be a confirmation for those that have not considered something outside of their front door... Let's hope no one slip's and falls while doing so... Just to take a look in the sky/heavens and maybe think differently. Hey, It could happen!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Richard Hall
Peter Jennings Productions/ABC News is working on a 2-hour, prime-time special to be aired some time in 2005 - tentative air-date February 25, check your local listings. According to information from the producer, one hour will be about the search for and likelihood of extraterrestrial (ET) life, and one hour will be about UFOs as possible evidence of ET life visiting the earth. A number of veteran UFO researchers, including me, have been interviewed for the program.

Returning UFO schoar presents evidence for the unexplainable
A number of his military sources will appear in an ABC presentation titled Peter Jennings Reports: Life in the Universe during early 2005, Hastings said

www.johnemackinstitute.org
A tentative airdate for the program featuring John Mack's last-ever interview is 8PM Eastern on Thursday, February 24, on ABC. The interview for "Peter Jennings Reports: Life in the Universe" was conducted at Mack's home in Cambridge, MA, on August 19. It marked the first time he had accepted a television interview invitation in several years.

Check local listings for updates, as the date is tentative.

Technology buffs may be interested to know that this was John Mack's only interview shot in high definition widescreen.

Someone on USENET
Here's some highlights. Some of which could have mundane explanations, but several do not. Like parallel flying "satellites" that suddenly started maneuvering around each other. Bright stationary and very fast strobes of light that would flash 1-3 times, obviously not tumbling satellites. Including a blue one which appeared nearly everynight and in the same location of the sky. But the neatest thing was a bright strobe of light that appeared about 10' in front of me one the ground. It was 3" in diameter and strobed very bright white and golden. Luckily, two other people next to me saw it. Otherwise, I might have thought I was seeing things. Many more strange things took place, as there also seemed to be a lot of devic activity in the area.
PS Several of us got interviewed by ABC news while we were there. Peter
Jennings is doing a 2hr documentary on UFO/ETs scheduled to air in February.

A little more information about it.

I'm adding this as I find it...

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth76

Richard Hall
Peter Jennings Productions/ABC News is working on a 2-hour, prime-time special to be aired some time in 2005 - tentative air-date February 25, check your local listings. According to information from the producer, one hour will be about the search for and likelihood of extraterrestrial (ET) life, and one hour will be about UFOs as possible evidence of ET life visiting the earth. A number of veteran UFO researchers, including me, have been interviewed for the program.

A little more information about it.

It sounds to me like a lot of UFO skeptics might turn it off after the first hour because of facts like "it would take a hundred thousand years, traveling at the speed of light to travel from one side of our galaxy to the other" (heard it last night on NGC). A majority of people believe they exist already. Lets show some pictures and videos that have yet to be explained by our government. Let the people make their own decisions. I can't get all pumped up for UFOs 101. I hope they give Stanton Friedman a lot of time. He believes in the scientific method, but also mixes in a dose of reality into his conclusions. More scientists should have an open mind like his. They should also cover the 'Phoenix Lights'. That would open alot more eyes.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Let me add just one more angle to this discussion. The government is going to look at the ratings of this show to decide the timeframe for disclosure. Low ratings-bad for the people (especially if it gets beat out by 'Queer Eye For the Straight Guy), high ratings-good for the people. Just a thought.

Peace

Great insight -- this would make sense logically, as ratings would provide the govt. with an objective metric with which they could measure public readiness in a quantifiable manner, as opposed to a simple "yay" or "nay" qualifier. From this, I imagine one could rather easily model a timeframe for disclosure.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if CSICOP is behind this whole thing.

Nor would I. Let's hope that's NOT the case... For those who don't know, csicop is pretty much Phillip Klass' debunking squad.

From more about the program, I think I see how it's likely to go though...with the first hour being about man looking up at the stars and wondering, then the telescope, then radio telescopes, to the Voyager plaques, and then to SETI. Then the next hour will likely be the classic folklore such as starting with Arnold, brief lip service to Roswell, including the USAF's conclusions, going through Bluebook, modern movies about aliens and then ending with the inconclusiveness of the Martian meteor, NASA's statements of water on Mars, and possibly even a nod to Clementine's find of ice on the Moon. And this is all probably a BEST case scenario, I'm afraid.....

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
From more about the program, I think I see how it's likely to go though...with the first hour being about man looking up at the stars and wondering, then the telescope, then radio telescopes, to the Voyager plaques, and then to SETI. Then the next hour will likely be the classic folklore such as starting with Arnold, brief lip service to Roswell, including the USAF's conclusions, going through Bluebook, modern movies about aliens and then ending with the inconclusiveness of the Martian meteor, NASA's statements of water on Mars, and possibly even a nod to Clementine's find of ice on the Moon. And this is all probably a BEST case scenario, I'm afraid.....

Yeah Gazrok, your scenario really sucks, and it's probably really right on. My poor TV is gonna pay the price for ABC's mindless drivel.

Peace

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This might be the beginning of the manufacturing of an alien threat. A beginning for a staged alien invasion. Perhaps this is how they will acclimatize the general populace to the uncertainty of the UFO's, maybe even hinting at the possiblity they are threat.

They do the same thing with terrorism, such as 9-11, and they can just as surely do the same with a fake alien threat. It will be used, in my opinion, for the furtherance of the global government agenda.

Disclosure will probably come with that staged alien threat. It would be a perfect scenario and would surely shake up the policies and reactions of governments/people.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i hope peter jennings turns into a reptile at the end of the show and just blows the entire lid off everything...it is a unspoken but well known fact that he is alien

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

i hope peter jennings turns into a reptile at the end of the show and just blows the entire lid off everything...it is a unspoken but well known fact that he is alien

A la "V" huh? Man, wouldn't that be something...hehe... Of course, I'd have a lot of crow to eat from Icke's fans then, huh?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This may help clear up any involvement that The Disclosure Project Team may have with the Peter Jennings special. The following is an email I sent to them today:

************ wrote:
> PETER JENNINGS REPORTING: UFO's: LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE
> - THURSDAY,
> FEBRUARY 24 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) -- Each year there
> are thousands of
> reports of unidentified flying objects, but the U.S.
> government
> doesn't investgate any of them. This special program
> will seriously
> examine the unexplained phenomena around the world
> that so many
> people believe is proof of the existence of UFOs.
>
> This is an advertisement that we at Abovetopsecret.com
> have been hearing about for a while. We were
> wondering if you were involved in this airing in any
> way, and if so, what can we expect from it?
>
> Thanks!

This was the reply I just got:

Hi *******,

They interviewed some of us during a CSETI training,
but we don't know what to expect since they didn't
let us see any of their drafts or final product,
and haven't kept us informed.

We hope that it's positive, though.

Best wishes,

Debbie Foch
Coordinator

Just in case you didn't figure it out, the ****** is just my name that I deleted.

I was pretty impressed with the fast response from them!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thats cool mpeake. Nice to see e-mails work with these things.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The government has been debunking ufos for years on the telly and in the news.

Unfortunately, they can't keep it under thier wigs for long. Whether or not they like it-the truth will come out and the debunkers and sceptics will be forced to ask questions rather than finding rational answers to explain away thier fears.

For decades, the media has always been a format to test the populace reaction to various subjects. War of the Worlds was sanctioned by the government to guage the publics reaction in the event of a so-called 'invasion'.

People are becoming more accepting of the idea; because the media has made it part of our culture.

However, our ancestors saw them as Gods in fiery chariots. We have evolved beyond that point; however, thier existance hasn't changed from century to century, millenia to millenia.

Our perception of thier prescence has changed; but the reality of them since the beginning of time hasn't.

The government can go on denying what they want; but the truth is they can't hide something that goes back to the dawn of time. Ancient philosphies speak of them and ancients interacted with them.

I am more frightened of the governments taking us into a global catastrophe than I am of the reality of the ufo's.

We have just closed our minds and shut our eyes and the government has paraded us along; however, the realisation that they can't keep a lid on it much longer requires an induction of the populace to the truth slow but sure.

Besides by bombarding us with ufo programmes-it is a form of brainwashing, to where we become apathetic on the subject-so when the time comes-our sense of fear is less heightened.

I know that 'they' mean us no harm; but the governments have to reduce mass hysteria and mass panic on a global scale. Thereby indoctrinating the populace over a long period and at the same time debunking seems to them to lessen the blow of the truth.

Problem is they are creating such confusion that people will believe that the government is lying for some other dubious reason.

Mind you, I doubt that they would tell us if a meteor was about to fall onto our heads. Nobody got warned about the tsunami.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join