It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Does anyone have that link to the news article explaining how the Roswell segment in the special was cut short? I think it was a New York news site but that's all I remember.

I cant for the life of me remember what thread it was in.

[EDIT] nevermind, I found it.

[edit on 27/2/05 by Meteor_of_War]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
people...
Stop complaining and DO something about it...
Like e-mail

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks for the email address I sent both and then one more to Peter Jennings email.

I should have held back my hope that he was going to add a primetime TV look at the issue confronting those whose lives have been changed.
The Roswell circus really turned my stomach, as I found myself thinking of his master pulling his strings to mock anyone who thought it was anything more than a balloon. People waking in rem state, what about all the rest who were wide awake? Seti was a JOKE; yeah let’s spend Billions listening to a signal that may never come, bottomless pit.

Michael

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by scifinbible
After i study genetics and, tried to understand life, a rather intriguing conclusion came to mind ; Science is the only tool that will discover God, who according to torah is also called Elohim = those who live in the sky.
Wish someone out there would think this topic in a more serious fashion.
[edit on 26-2-2005 by scifinbible]

Interesting that you mentioned that, something came to mind instantly when I read that part. Have you read the books by Rael? A french man who claims he spoke with an alien and revealed many truths to him. Truths that concerned the bible and it's meaning. Truths concerning our existance, how we got here and who actually created us. A very interesting read, if you look at his book "Message Given by the Extraterrestrials", you can download it for free on his main page. Speaking as someone who has been brought up with many christian/catholic "ideas", I have a distinct feeling something else is going on...something else happened to us. Us as in the Human Race.

If you haven't heard of him, read him here on BBC: news.bbc.co.uk...

Rael's interpretation to "Those who live/come in/from the sky" are actual alien spacecrafts inhabited by highly intelligent beings who came from other planetary systems and began the creation of life on earth. Is it possible? I think it is. Sounds more plausible IMO than the story of an old guy with a white beard sitting on a cloud waving a magic wand.

I find Rael's story fascinating

[edit on 28-2-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If you haven't heard of him, read him here on BBC

If you haven't heard of Rael or the Raelian movement, you should probably get a TV or pick up a paper, hehe...

The "cloning" stunt alone was a masterful move in free publicity....even for a wacky cult....

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The show is now available on emule/edonkey

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I saw the show and was not impressed, there were certain details that were left out in a lot of cases that presented. I like how they used a short piece of camera film from the Mexico incident but then never talked about it. OR how about the incident at the base (the US air base in the UK) when the MP are out in the forest tracking down the lights they had seen, yet two seperate teams were sent out that night with audio recordings taken by each team and while they did talk about one of the teams sightings including the RED dripping orb that looked like dripping red hot metal that exploded, they left out the other base security team that reported seeing a 6 foot long black triangle shaped object in the forest hovering a few feet above the ground. The guy got so close to it he could touch it. The thing was cold to the touch and was humming, he even reported seeing an inscription in it but could not determine the origins of the writing. Then after about 10 minutes this object floated away through the trees first slowly then at a high rate of speed. They said they were paralized with awe, not physically paralized but the sense that what they were seeing they could no longer understand and it overloaded there ability to reason and filled them with the fear of the unknown.

Anyways back to what I had said earlier, after watching the show I think you guys are failing to see the main point of the show. Again its the Goverments attempt to use the media to cloud the issue of current secret projects. IE the TR3B. You see there has been a huge number of sightings of this craft some by people with reasonable credibility plus being recorded at the exact time of the sighting in the case of the Illinois state troopers. The description of the sighting of the black triangles is the same as many other sightings of this craft. And I think since the overall spin of the show was to just throw in some doubt in both the believers and non-believer camps. (IMO to show Peter Jennings as not be partial to either belief) I think that in the case of the TR3B the Goverment screwed up. You see if they really wanted the public to continue to question what this big black triangle was the should have omitted one tiny little piece of information that was given out that only people that have actually seen this thing would know.

I reported a sighting of what I now can say for sure is a top secret military aircraft back I think in Jan or Sept of 2004 to the Nuforc reporting site.

Some reports say that the big black triangle has three glowing spots of lights underneath (like Ion engines or something) but I dont think that is right.

The front of the TR3B if that is what it is has a center light at the "nose" and two lights on each side of the leading edge. IE it has FIVE total bright white lights on the front of the "craft". This is exactly what I saw appear right in front of me out of nowhere in a totaly cloudless night sky and make a slow moving banking turn right in front of me. The illumination of the lights gave off just enough ambient light to make out some of the crafts shape from the "moonless" sky. I could see that it had a delta shape to the main wing as during the bank I could see that variation of shapes against the sky, but I could not tell how tall the fuselage was or if it had a tail plane etc.

"Moonless" sky I think is important because last night I just saw a show on the history channel about Area 51 fact or fiction and the investigators said that the Airforce out there at Area 51 typically will not fly at night when there is a lot of moon light out to help avoid revealing the aircraft in the night sky. Hence the reason why they like to fly on nights when there is either no moon or very little moon light.

gl2

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Budd Hopkins says the Harvard psych grad student got it wrong. 30 percent of abductees' reports about an abduction are taken outside of hypnosis, and many interviewees were abducted from outdoor, daylight activities. Hopkins says all his abductee-interviews during his first two years research reported that they were abducted while wide awake.

Uri Dowbenko (Conspiracy Planet) argues that Jennings is a Bildergerg shill. "The Bilderberg Group is an invitation-only secretive Global Cabal of Illuminati Gofers, Politician-Minions and Mega-Corporate Honchos who are sworn to secrecy not to reveal the conspiracy which binds them all. Their US based Media Shills include --

* Mort Zuckerman, chairman US News and World Report
* Arthur Sulzberger, editor New York Times
* Conrad Black, chairman, The Telegraph
* Lesley Stahl, CBS 60 Minutes
* George Will, James Reston, Joseph Kraft, political columnists
* William F. Buckley, National Review (also a Skull and Bones member, as is his son novelist Christopher Buckley)
* Thomas L. Friedman, New York Times columnist
* William Kristol, editor/ publisher Weekly Standard
* Peter Jennings, ABC World Tonight
* Jim Hoagland, Washington Post
* George Stephanopoulos, media pundit"

Sure, Jennings' production company PJ slightly opened the subject to further scrutiny (those millions watching may lead to other millions), but Whitley Strieber suggests that Jennings did weak work on Roswell and abductions by choice, not solely due to weak research. Bilderberg looks for rich, pliant media elitists who make friends with and invest in elite corporate projects. Such people are rewarded for keeping with the game plan: money, rich friends, invitations to elite yacht parties and to hob with billionaires, plus the royals. Heady stuff, isn't it? No wonder they look down on commoners who want disclosure. Bilderberg wants slow, controlled, market-dominated adjustment to the alien subject.

Which is why Jennings has that tight faced, chiding quality when dismissing Roswell and abductions. No competent newsperson in the swim at Jennings' level can live without being included in private chatter and networking that points toward the alien subject. He likely knows that both Roswell and abductions are valid subjects, but is taking the military industrial side in this argument: electrogravity could be used for weapons, so let the elite weapons makers monopolize it first, fixing an aristocratic economic dictatorhip into power--forever, "they" seem to think. Aliens are all equalitarian, aren't they? None of those Bilderbergers are, NONE of them.

Worse yet, there's literally a Frankenstein in our midst, here on Earth, and some of it has direct federation loyalties. That would be people who have supported death squads, the laundering of narco money and the brutalization of humankind to bring us, on our knees, into the federation. Like The Allies of Humanity (a book) suggests, such operatives are lacking vital human qualities. If Jennings is only half awake, he may, by now, know this, hence he has to cover his flank by watering down his report. He can't make the biggest move in human news history alone.

The ugliest irony in Jennings cool regime tilt is that it allows abductions to continue, as though they are petty, like street crime. Meanwhile, a tightly planned abducting alien agenda proceeds, apace. The breeding program reportedly has led to deep insertion of hybrids into human economic elites, people who may go unnoticed for yet another 18-36 months, due to Jennings' cake walk. Maybe that's the plan... (not necessarily Jennings', but that of the Rothschild strain in human-alien relations, for example).

Then again, maybe Jennings just isn't strong enough to do a clean take, a minor outsider with a mini fortune--lucky to even get unreported, "off the record" info about aliens, an actual witness to private details (i.e. the discussions at Bilderberger in '04). Jennings was just another upper-middle class upstart--who knows that he has no real power. The moment he steps off the range, he's out of a job at ABC. Which may be why he did a good intro hour, then dumped the Roswell and abductions disinfo into our laps with a vaguely token quality. The first hour's clips and Phoenix lights are starkly better stuff than is the second hour. Maybe that's Jennings' plan: do the regime's dirty work, i.e. the Oswald as lone gunman report, but then buy back his soul with an even bigger story: aliens are here, BUT... *Jennings was raised in Canada. He may think that the US regime might frown on a newly-naturalized person breaking the big story. What if they think he's a Canadian spy? (weird as that may sound to those of the non-paranoid persuasion)

Anyone who saw the first half wouldn't dismiss the possibility of Roswell and abductions easily. So, maybe Jennings' plan was to continue ABC's higher than normal standard (ABC actually discussed CSETI's 2001 press conference on its web site and sent cameras there, unlike NBC and CBS). ABC also did reasonable Nightline specials on the JFK assassination, which Jennings may think cancel out his regime-like apology more recently.

Maybe it's a little give and take. Meanwhile, watch your children carefully and check them for unusual "dreams" about riding with aliens.

*So, who are those elite actors who work as "direct federation operatives?" Get up to speed on remote viewing and "look" for unusual, high-energy (electrogravity) streaming to any such personnae. Remotely view an entire city, the entire globe to scan such out. It's easier than you might think. Just find a known alien-related site or craft and practice remotely viewing/scanning it for energy streaming of the sort. You can learn to do so quickly. It stands out starkly!

[edit on 28-2-2005 by gl2]

[edit on 28-2-2005 by gl2]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i am uploading the peter jennings special right now...

it will take some time, but when it is ready, i will post a link...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I haven't seen this special yet. Will download it tonight when I get home from work. I'll wait until I see it I guess. Mixed reviews, but even if it is bad I'll still watch it looking to learn something, even if I just learn about an exercise in disinformation.

Anyway, I thought folks might be interested in these:

Weekly Nielsen Television Ratings
2-21-05 Through 2-27-05
PROGRAM: P.JENNINGS REPORTING-2/24(S) UFO'S: SEEING IS BELIEVING
ORIG: ABC
AA(000): 11621
AA%: 4.2
SHARE: 10

Weekly Nielsen Television Ratings

Am I write in interpreting this as they got an audience of just over 11 Million and a audience share of about 10%?

Edit: Answer is on the site:
A ratings point represents 1,096,000 households, or 1 percent of the nation's estimated 109.6 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
anyone know any good video hosting sites besides yousendit.com???

this site does not seem to be working for me...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
torrent

www.btefnet.com

SMR

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yes,do a torrent.This way many can get without site bandwidth issue.Also can get if faster with more people downloading at once.Decentralized

Kinda like Kazaa.You get it from everyone getting it.Makes it faster,especially for those on dialup

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Yes,do a torrent.This way many can get without site bandwidth issue.Also can get if faster with more people downloading at once.Decentralized

Kinda like Kazaa.You get it from everyone getting it.Makes it faster,especially for those on dialup

yes i know all about torrents...

the show is availible here:

www.btefnet.com

but (for those who do not know) you need this to download the file:

pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net...

if you have any problems, just reply...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Is this special worth getting Can anyone sum It up for me or have a link about how it went?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thug69
Is this special worth getting Can anyone sum It up for me or have a link about how it went?

just read this long thread

anyway, some members wanted to see it so i am helping them...

SMR

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You have voted they see ALL for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Thanks a bunch man.Really appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You many want to kill Jennings but he has done a tremendous thing. I do not think any national network has done before. He has debunked or dismissed Roswell but has also dis-credited the government on" Project Blue Book". Sounds like a trade off. But for me it really is not. All of the government pepole who gave statements in that era were simply tring to " get the UFO phenomenom out of the public interest." To me anything said in that era is just something made up by the government such as:

Gallagher: Including the Michigan reports?

McNamara: Yes, sir.

Gallagher: What about the photographs, Mr. Secretary?

McNamara: The photographs are of natural phenomena that can be explained more readily and more realistically as other than foreign objects. The explanation of the objects photographed in Michigan is an illustration. It was marsh gas that caused a refraction of light and indicated that a physical object was present when it was not. (The official Air Force explanation was that the photos were of Venus. McNamara probably filed to read that AF explanation)

Gallagher: There are witnesses that say that it was something other than marsh gases and the marsh gas theory was on someone who was not there.

McNamara: I am relying on an outside investigator (Hr. Hynek- who was Air Force, not an outsider) with scientific objectivity and some experience in these matters.

Gallagher: Does the Air Force accept this over the so-called witness report?

McNamara: I believe so.

Gallagher: What is your explanation as to this?

McNamara: It varies. The condition of the viewer and the physical circumstances in the environment at the time generally create optical illusions.

Gallagher: There is an allusion that no one wants to think talk about it because they point out the Manhattan Project, things are going on that no one wants to discuss.

McNamara: I think that every report so far has been investigated; and, in every instance we have found a more reasonable explanation then that it represents an object from outer space or a potential threat to our security.

Gallagher then asked General wheeler for his opinion.

Wheeler: As the Secretary said, we have thousands - hundreds, anyway- of these reports over the past years. They have always been investigated very thoroughly. From time to time, when we have had a number of reports of this kind, these incidents have been discussed by the Joint Chiefs. Every time the chief of Staff of the Air force has reported to the other chiefs that there was nothing to the reports.

Gallagher: A lot of us are getting a lot of letters on this type of thing, and we would like to be in a position to say to the secretary of defense categorically denies there is anything in it.

McNamara: We categorically deny it.

So Jennings, maybe with his hands tied has helped to discredit the governments " explainations" of the past.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by Truthforall]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I finally got to see it last night.

I was so excited, it started off great until it got to the SETI crap, and went downhill from there.

I definately think there was some kind of tradeoff with the gov on this, the roswell "myth" was the most inane thing Ive ever seen, completely disregarding the most important peices.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'm one of the few people that actually appreciated the program. I found a comment on Rense with which i agree 100% :

"I think people are forgetting something important here. This show was not for those who are in the field. The show was for the masses. Scores of millions of viewers are NOT in the field. They want to see a show, not an apologetics treatise on the proof of Roswell or for that matter, anything else."

"You people make the mistake of thinking (or worse, believing) that this show was for you, the Intelligencia. Well, think again. It was for those millions of viewers who know little to nothing about the phenomena. You are a fly dropping in the soup when compared with the rest of the world ... those who would scoff, or say, "Maybe, maybe not." For those viewers, this was a major revelation."

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
And also for those viewers (the masses), it was a public and official dismissal of the single most important UFO event in history.

I could have lived with the standard fare of BS, but the public dismissal of Roswell showed a true lack of journalistic integrity that I have never seen before in a national network....not even Rather's stunt compared to this in my book....

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join