It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I find it interesting, to say the least, that a news agency of ABC's caliber would grossly omit something on the scale of an archeological dig preformed by a doctor of archeology.

And they probobly didn't mention that the Governer of NM has been pressing Congress for years to disclose all the relevant info on Roswell, did they?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
No..And it's highly doubtful that the U.S. would give any truthful dislosure to the people of Roswell.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Czech
I find it interesting, to say the least, that a news agency of ABC's caliber would grossly omit something on the scale of an archeological dig preformed by a doctor of archeology.

And they probobly didn't mention that the Governer of NM has been pressing Congress for years to disclose all the relevant info on Roswell, did they?

I can't believe i have never heard about this DIG. What happened?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
lol AGAIN....they dropped the ball on the roswell subject -- EVERYBODY can agree on that.....but i think the rest of it, as an introduction to the general public to some of the highlights of the UFO phenomenon, was a success.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
How about when the older lady was describing her abduction and given the baby to hold:

Lady: This is my baby. I dont know why but it just feels like my baby

Alien Lady: NO! This is our baby....

Im not sure if it was the way she said it or what but that part freaked me out for some reason... anyone else?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
As far as the dig goes...

It was funded by SciFi, and performed by Dept. of Archeology staff and students from the University of New Mexico. The final results were (of course) relatively inconclusive, but several anomalous objects were found around the impact site, which was a trough. I can't remember the exact dimensions, unfortunately. The anomalous objects were taken to a Wells Fargo, and locked in the safe there, for 'further analysis.' Never heard of what became of them. Give you three guesses.

Now, the question arises, could a Mogul balloon dig a trench out of the earth still visible (and fairly blatant) some 50 years later?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
How about when the older lady was describing her abduction and given the baby to hold:

Lady: This is my baby. I dont know why but it just feels like my baby

Alien Lady: NO! This is our baby....

Im not sure if it was the way she said it or what but that part freaked me out for some reason... anyone else?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Event Horizon]

That just goes to show the scary possibility of their knowledge of genetics, etc...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I didn't see the show, and by what I have read so far it was a good decision. Nothing shocking or groundbreaking was said in the 2 hour documentary. But thats the thing, they probably never will because the gov't keeps every good secret locked up for at least 60 years or so. LOL. So unless there is breaking news of alien beings landing on the white house lawn or any public for that matter, these type documentaries will probably never satisfy your average ATSer.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
A word of warning -

I posted on this topic in another thread as well. As astutely pointed out by Amuk, the community of those that believe in life that exists beyond our atmosphere must carefully choose how to present their arguments for extraterrestrial life. Allow me to state that I do believe in life among the stars; in fact, I consider it a statistical impossibility for there to be no oter beings 'out there.' That being said, discussing unproven, speculative ideas on the nature and/or capabilities of said entities AS FACT can only be detrimental to the overall, public view of the study of extraterrestrial life.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Disappointing at best. Most of the material covered has been covered ad nauseum in other programs and tons of material evidence was left out (e.g. space shuttle footage sts-80).
I was left feeling as though this was a deliberate attempt to confuse the public (with a very public/mainstream reporter) with nothing but eyewitnesses and no attempt to even look at the physical aspects of the UFO subject matter (e.g. video, implants, etc.).

If you didn't see this, you didn't miss much. However, there is GOOD news...

If you want to know what's going on, purchase "Out of the Blue" for the real deal. It is by far the best compilation of information on the subject at hand including a great deal of recent sitings and goings on (e.g. Disclosure project).
I got a copy off of Amazon, but you can order it directly off their website: www.outoftheblue.tv...

Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
while i disagree with your assessment of the abc special, i wholeheatedly agree with you concerning "out of the blue" -- best program i've seen on the subject....and i've seen a lot.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm glad to hear I didn't miss much. I started to watch it and then mysteriously fell asleep shortly after the show started. When I woke up, the show was over.
Now if I could only figure out how I keep getting these little cuts and bruises.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I fell asleep half way through it. Pretty much a rehash of everything ever presented on cable concerning the subject matter.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
Please wake up and realize...stay away from the networks, radio stations that are not independently owned and news sources outside ats...lol

Youre just too paranoid. There is nothing wrong with watching TV if you are fully aware of what is really going on and of the brainwashing taking place. You cant really be brainwashed if you know that the brainwashing exists. I understand your concern about staying away from networks and such but if there is something really interesting on it doesnt hurt to watch. If youre talking about American Idol and all that other BS reality sh*t that is on, then yeah Im on your side buddy

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Luv the reviews here. Educational. Even if Peter Jennings had
given a ...uh ..."disclosure", its nice to know that few here would
believe it , or even recognize it.
Personally, I really enjoyed the special. The Minot incident used
to be classified, so its good to know some of the best stuff is beginning to
be released. Anyone notice the "many" news stories around
the country at the time of Roswell, flashed on the screen ? It wasn't a "local" news story.
It was "national". The whole country panicked. The Army Air Force responded
in a manner to stop the panic. The nature of the panic got worse in 1952.
Or, perhaps, I tuned in to a different version than that seen by folks here?
I particularly liked the SETI guy. He said the difference between SETI and
the UFO believers was that SETI is looking for real evidence. I also liked
the zinger on testimony being very bad science. Even in court (assuming
you have served on a jury) the only "testimony" allowed is direct sworn
testimony. "I heard it from a friend who....heard it from a friend who....
heard it from another you aliens been messin around."
Hear-say is not allowed in court and direct sworn testimony dont get it for
science.
You gotta sort the wheat from the chaff. I haven't yet found a published account
(credible source) that mentions bodies or sophisticated craft prior to Moore and
Friedman in 1979. "....so the tale grows taller on down the line".
Peter Jennings and his staff handled Roswell in the only way they can. Historically.
News reports and the original folks who's testimonies were FROM that TIME.
I guess to get rave reviews from you folks, they should have included a segment
showing the recovery of reptilian remains from Noah's Ark ?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
*applause*

Well put, Nightwing.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I'm glad to hear I didn't miss much. I started to watch it and then mysteriously fell asleep shortly after the show started. When I woke up, the show was over.
Now if I could only figure out how I keep getting these little cuts and bruises.

LMAO
perhaps your being mind controled so you wouldn't see what your involved in, as perhaps your an abductee

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm glad I didn't miss anything. I was starting to miss having TV so that
I could watch this show. As I expected though, the purpose of the show
was to get ratings and not to attempt to deal with the subject at hand
in a serious manner.

It's not that I don't have the equipment, I have 3 sets with satellite
receivers. It's just after seeing the zombie like effect it had on my young
children one day I had enough and disabled the feeds. It's amazing the
effect it has had on my family. My kids actually read books now. I don't
sit around for hours on end anymore scanning through hundreds of mind
numbing channels. TV is more addictive and worse for your health (both
mental and physical) than opium.

Come on people, you can do it... break free of the brain washing mind
numbing electric tube.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I haven't seen the show yet, but on a big national channel like abc, and knowing all the efforts the government has done to cover up ufos for years, it was almost sure that there would not have any disclosure or progress. Government is controlling the media, and if they don't want the truth out yet, chances are very low to see something big happen on tv.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i saw a bit of it..................and the part i did see was very interesting to me because it was the part about the sightings in ILLINOIS or INDIANIA (sorry can't remember which) but all the people interviewed were police officers.

there were 5 of them and all 5 of them had the same story. which i thought was solid..........no one can say they're all nutcases as they do when average joe calls in and reports a sighting. it was interesting because it played the dispatcher tape telling the officers and you could hear all the snickering comments comming over the mike........then the officers started seeing the UFO and it got interesting.

also caught the part about the b52 being redirected and following a UFO. that was VERY interesting..............even though the office USAF report totally discounted it and made the pilots look like idiots.

after that part i went to bed so i guess i missed the debunking part.

bummer.

angie

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join