It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I really don't think The Disclosure Project would be involved in a special dedicated to debunking of UFOs/ETs unless the group is giving up.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Maybe we're getting closer to full disclosure than I originally thought. I didn't think any of the big 3 would touch this subject for years to come.

Peace

Yeah? Well I just hope they (aliens) don't come along with a book entitled "How to Serve Humanity"!!!

Holy Twilight Zone Batman!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
onlyinmydreams says:

"That description of the Jenning's JFK report has now got me worried. What if the point of this special is to raise the stakes and debunk the UFO phenomena in primetime?"

They can't "debunk" it unless the whole UFO thing is "bunk" anyway, right?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If it's going to be 2 hours long they should be able to cover allot of issues.
Such as what UFOs are believed to be government aircraft and bogus sitings.
I really don't like the use of the word UFO just for the fact that it can really mean anything. A Bird is a UFO if we can't identify it.

I'm also hoping they will show some history and pull out some old sightings that have still not been debunked.

It should be pretty interesting anyway. I hope I get to see it.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Normally, I wouldn't think UFO need official debunking , for the mere fact that the serious UFO crowd also attracts a lot of sycophants, substance abusers and pathological liars with the most outragious stories who either crave attention or want to sell some book and hence "debunk" the whole UFO phenomena in the eyes of broad public, but here are some reasons that could carry some politcal weight:

Debunking UFO at prime time could serve the purpose of trying to "eliminate" persons such as Steven M.D Greer, who not only researches UFO's (wich existence as alien minivan I personally doubt), but also researches and publishes about many covert Ops / covert weapon programs, wich could be experienced as a pain in the neck for the government if indeed true.

Disclosing a first contact on the other hand, could bring back a sense of grandeur to the american nation / president.

Another way of bringing grandeur to a nation at war, in search of heroes and great achievements , is to have them UFO's debunked by disclosing some past USA black aircraft projects such as the Aurora. Put a nice feather in that nationalistic (fill in the blank) so that hopefully most americans get a warm fuzzy feeling when they get their RFID tag implanted and the hypothised NWO makes itselve officially known....

Anyway, personally I don't believe yet in any other contact yet established than possibly through radio-communication etc. but that by itselve would be a pretty big bomb to drop.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It would be nice if our govt. adopted a full disclosure on this topic. It would leave room for the normal after all of the endtimers and those who prefer koolaid. I often wonder how the American people will react when we finally get the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I think we and them should hold a "get to know each other party"

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I agree, a disclosure at this time would shift an ever increasing focus on politics and foreign policy to something positive for the US. The space program and the like are always good rally points for positive support. It gets people looking to the future and its possibilities, not deep rooted conflicts from past and present actions.

I'm for it... lol... just when I thought life was getting a little boring

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I will make a point to see the report when it is aired.
But I also feel that the part of the report that is on Alien, UFOs will be bent more tword discrediting all the theorys that are out there, then to showing the facts that have not been proven or admited to by the Gov.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

What if the point of this special is to raise the stakes and debunk the UFO phenomena in primetime?

Art Bell (www.coasttocoastam.com...) stated that he was interviewed for this special. Cameras were in his broadcast studio and were recording the radio show during open lines. Even though Art was asking listeners for UFO stories, alot of kooks/prankers seemed to call-- I'll bet they air one of these calls to discredit the concept. However, one of Art's stipulations for doing the show was that it would not be a smear campaign.

Of course we'll have to see what happens to the "special" once it has been reviewed by the "special editors".

MK

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Maybe we're getting closer to full disclosure than I originally thought.

I tend to agree with this.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sorry if I missed this info. but does anybody know when this program is being shown, what channel it is on and can we get it over here in the UK?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I saw that too, and was frustrated abc's site had nothing on it

if they had anything worthwhile, they would run it immediately !!!

I bet this ends like every "in search of" episode, with a comment like, "are ufo's real ? we'll have to wait for a visit from little green men to be sure"

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I would have to agree, no disclosure and they will probably use poor material. I've seen many of Jenning's specials including the one on JFK, and was always dissapointed.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

PETER JENNINGS REPORTING: UFO's: LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE - THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET)

To answer the question on air date and time....

As for the JFK story...I agree, but could be either a blessing or a curse. If done in a positive light, it'll lend a lot of credibility to the field. Since Rather's broadcasting demise though, he's kind of the sole credible veteran anchor in the US, so if done with a negative spin, as many fear, this could be very bad for the field. Personally, I fear an attack on the Disclosure Project through an attack on their poster child, Billy Meier.

He's an easy target, fairly easy to discredit, will bring ridicule, and hasn't really been covered much in the press, so if I were a producer tasked with the angle, that's EXACTLY what I'd do. Let's hope that isn't their task, or if it is, that they aren't that bright....

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Here's my take on this. This is going to be a 2 hour special on a MAJOR News Network. And it is true that this could go either way. It could be done in a positive or negative light. But, the fact that this is done for 2 hours on such a large stage in any light is definitely a GOOD THING! Most people have to watch the Sci Fi or History channel to get this kind of exposure to UFO stories. Now, a whole new audience will be subjected to the phenomenon. And as they say on Hollywood, there's no such thing as bad press when your getting no press at all.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by mpeake]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

And as they say on Hollywood, there's no such thing as bad press when your getting no press at all.

Not so true in this field though...

Take a look at the old 80's specials...UFO CoverUp Live!
We had hour long specials, in prime time, lots of news buzz, tons of info, some of the best in the field presenting lots of evidence, and yet it's remembered for the "strawberry ice cream" comment.

In THIS field, an OUNCE of doubt, can completely cancel out a TON of evidence...in the eye of the public at large...sad as that is...

This could really go either way, and either way in spades....

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
onlyinmydreams says:

"That description of the Jenning's JFK report has now got me worried. What if the point of this special is to raise the stakes and debunk the UFO phenomena in primetime?"

They can't "debunk" it unless the whole UFO thing is "bunk" anyway, right?

Here's what I meant:

The UFO field is valid, in my opinion. Even if UFO research doesn't lead to the extraterrestrials of lore it is still worth having an interest in because there is enough evidence out there to make an intelligent and rational person think that there may be 'something' out there. As a field, then, it couldn't be 'debunked' all at once in any fair and academic way. However, there's an outside possibility that ABC or Peter Jennings will just present straw man arguments for UFO existence and then blast these away with unfair coverage of opinions from those who represent the status quo in the scientific community.

So, in short, I didn't mean to say that I was afraid that this report would 'debunk' ufo research. What I meant to say was that I was worried that this would just be an unfair attack that used straw man type examples to dimiss the UFO question before a sweeps week public.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yea, this might have some connection to the disclosure project?

Dr. Steven Greer
C2C transcript

I laughed and I said, "Well, we're trying to move that out as best we can and we continue to reach folks that, for example, ABC News is doing a special on this that's going to air in February,

Or maybe ABC contacted the disclosure project for some information. Dr. Greer knew about this program in October.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I dont see why they wont disclose it. Heres my take:

US admits it and other countries follow. For a brief (1-5 years) people will be shook up. I think it would be much better to tell everyone rather than waiting till the last minute.

If the issue is that we cannot control/defend against an alien presence then people should know. People should know to prepare. During world war II our resources were depleted. However, during this time everyone came together, made sacrifices for the common good and some of the most advanced techology came from that period.

My point is that right now you have a small group of people that live in secret working on highly classified projects. There potential to do great things is very limited despite there intelligence. Just think if the public knew the real deal. People would come together and figure out a way to deal with it. Its in our nature.

I hope this doesnt sound elementry but I'm trying. Does anyone share a similar view?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
...However, there's an outside possibility that ABC or Peter Jennings will just present straw man arguments for UFO existence and then blast these away with unfair coverage of opinions from those who represent the status quo in the scientific community.

That's a good point and very well may be what happens. I'm probably gonna end up kicking a hole in my big screen after watching it. I, personally, was in disbelief after watching that JFK nonsense.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join