It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
And videos can be faked, so unless I see it with my own eyes, get told by an official government source, or my friends or family show me a video or a story I wont beleive any side of it.
[edit on 24-2-2005 by Ritual]

sure, videos can be faked, but do you honestly think that the phoenix video may have been? i find it very convincing, especially since there were so many eyewitnesses

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
^ True that

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Dagnabit.......I missed it! Thursdays I work till 9 and I didn't want to come in, in the middle of it, it's pet peeve of mine. Wonder if it'll be re broadcast?

At the end of the report there was link as well as a phone number so you could get the DVD. Check on the net, it should be up. Or if you are savy, download the torrent, it should be available in about 24 hours.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Nobody wants that damn DVD.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I saw it and liked what I saw. It was not total trashing session on the subject. For a prime time show on a free broadcast station, its about as good as you could possibly get in this era of denial.

Jennings's own words sounded like he believed the evidence during portions of the show, though he did relegate Roswell to myth status. I've never thought Roswell as a good case myself anyway since it has been so thoroughly covered up.

The program did not touch on several things I thought it would. Mainly the witnesses of the Disclosure Project. I had read that Steven Greer of the Disclosure Project was going to have a special on ABC in early 2005. I saw no witnesses from the group on the program. Well, maybe one pilot, but I am unsure if he is part of the Disclosure Project. It also did not include any opinions from former astronaut Ed Mitchell or the late Gordon Cooper. Nor did the special include any material from the two biggest (IMO) cases, the 1965 Edwards AFB incident and the 1980 Bentwaters incident.

For what the show was, it was good. Not the greatest mind you, but these days you take what you can get.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Someone in this thread called it perfectly,they said they would hype it up in the first hour then debunk in the second.It pretty much went that way.Whoever said it good call.
It was alright but they coulda dug more into things in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Watching it now, so far I have to say it's a pretty darn good special.

Very impressed with the j. allen hynek footage and examination.

Also, so far the pilots of the diverted b-52 I think will eventually prove to be a water shed, that was good interesting stuff.

IMO nothing really ground breaking buit all in all considering it's main stream press, I have to say...pretty damn good.

SPiderj

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Watched it...taped it.

I thought the ideas on Roswell were a VERY good debunking actually......made me sad cuz I SOOOOO liked to belive it, so I may rethink my position on ROswell now.

CANT STAND how many commercials were on!
I edited out the comercials and MY edited version is only a little bit over and hour, out of a 2 hour special....THAT SUCKETH!

Since I am in Utah...the local news at 10pm did a bit about the local UFO hunters and the so called new area 51, Dugway Proving grounds. I taped this also and it was as good as Peter's STUFF......minus the mass comercials even

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Nothing groundbreaking and the guys trying to debunk the "Phoenix lights" by saying it was flares on the Goldwater Gunnery Range did not realize the gunnery range was nowhere near the "Phoenix lights". Parachute flares float to the ground, they do not hover in a horizontal line. Also parachute flares give off copious amounts of smoke in the form of a plume. When you look at a flare, you always see this plume in the light of the flare. This is missing from the "Phoenix Lights". I would like to have seen the debunkers debunked.

SMR

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Junk IMO

This entire program was set to do nothing but debunk and make it as if those who believe are in hystaria,and basically make it up.The use of the word 'MYTH' seemed to be used alot.
Little to no actual footage was used.No mension of the Mexico City incident was talked about nor was the footage used.
Most of it was people 'debunking' the whole UFO issue IMO.

I did see something that caught my eye.
When talking to Jesse Marcel Jr. they showed footage of an interview done with his father.In this he said that the 'meta' could not be bent,nor dented.As if it was very strong and nothing of this earth.
A few days ago,on the Sci-Fi channel,they did a Roswell special and in that,they spoke with Jesse Marcel Jr. who said that the 'metal' could be crumpled up but would retain it's comp.You could rinkile it,but it would return to it's flat smooth shape.He even said his mother said 'to bad they dont make suites out of it'
I find that kinda contradicting.

I had the feeling they would be setting out to debunk and make 'fools' so to speak of those who believe.
I would have to say the show was 70/30 on the side of sceptics.IMO

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I just got done watching it. I think they gave fair amounts of time to the believers, people on the fence, and those who try to debunk or non-believers. For mainstream, it was pretty good. If it was too hardcore then I think a lot of people would have been turned off by it. Even if it sparks an interest in one person, I think it was worth it.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I didn’t think it was too bad. I liked the way they had lots of credible people (professionals and ex military pilot witnesses.) I think it also helped to have older people like our grandparents age that gave testimony. The whole thing about Roswell well... that was just sad. Jennings did make it a point a few times to say that the Air Force needed to do something to curve the publics’ curiosity. In all I believe it was carefully crafted 50% for it and 50% disinformation.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
there was too many car commercials.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Understand, this is all part of the conditioning process. Comments such as "why look to the heavens? when they're already here..." coming out of Jennings mouth. We should pay little more better attention to detail rather than searching for the obvious. For the general public alone hearing such a statement like that acts as a filtering process through their minds and would subconsciously incline the people to such a concept automatically. Conditioning was all it is, nothing more nothing less..Keep in mind this was on Prime Time w/P. Jennings. Coincidence?

Karmah

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I thought the special was a good introduction into the UFOlogy.

You have to understand that everyone in America is not like us. ATS is a specific community whose interest range from UFOs to NWO. We can't just go on the street and spark up a conversation about Dulce. The normal person would look at us like we are lunatics.

However, Peter Jennings gave the entire country a mainstream report on UFOs and Aliens.

This is good.

This report updates the entire country on what is really going on. Believe it or not, discussing UFOs is not going to be that taboo. All thanks to Peter Jennings.

I find it highly ignorant that people would try to bash a figure of the media for attempting to bring an alternative topic into the mainstream. Would you like UFOlogy to dwell in the depths of the underground?

Of course not.

So in conclusion, I would have to say that this report did for the UFO movement what...Roswell did for UFOlogy back in 1947.

Good job Peter Jennings.

i agree. the show hit on a lot of mainstream cases and it gave the general public a good launching pad to further research for themselves. although i thought they butchered the roswell subject, i had to remember that: 1 - the show was only 2 hrs and it had a lot of subject matter to cover, and 2 - i'm a lot more knowledgable than the average person when it comes to the roswell subject, so it is easy for me to note all the glaring holes in the analysis.

and i love the doctor at the end....when they began the "distance is too far" segment, i was thinking that they were going to only offer one side where they exclaim that it is physically impossible to cover those distances, and i was screaming inside my head (NO LIE) "what about wormholes?!?!?!?!? or bending space/time?!?!?!?!?!" so when they brought the doctor on to introduce those very things, it just ended the show on a really good note for me.

like i said, it was only 2 hrs...they couldn't possibly cover all of the roswell evidence, let alone all the general ufo evidence. the important thing for me is that this subject was broached on national tv during prime time, by a well-known and respected news anchor....and it was even-handed for the most part.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Maybe this show true agenda was to debunk Roswell !!!
Conspiracy or what?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
first off i just want to say that i thought it was about 60/40 for the skeptics point of veiw and that it was pritty good, but the thing about what really happend at roswell (with thouse ballon things) i didnt really believe that at all, i beleved that there probibly were thouse ballon things but that what happed at roswell wasnt a result of it and my question is is that

if it was really just ballon things then i could understand why they originally coverd it up (because then it could have been top secret) but they keepd it top secret for like 30 or 40 years. so why keep it coverd up for that long?

also does anyone remember what that project was called?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by trust_no_one]

[edit on 25-2-2005 by trust_no_one]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
XPhiles, thats the Drake Equation in your sig right?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
it was project mogul, and yeah - they really screwed the pooch on the roswell section....there is a TON of evidence that they glossed over or omitted....

that was the only disappointment for me.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
first off i just want to say that i thought it was about 60/40 for the skeptics point of veiw and that it was pritty good, but the thing about what really happend at roswell (with thouse ballon things) i didnt really believe that at all, i beleved that there probibly were thouse ballon things but that what happed at roswell wasnt a result of it and my question is is that

if it was really just ballon things then i could understand why they originally coverd it up (because then it could have been top secret) but they keepd it top secret for like 30 or 40 years. so why keep it coverd up for that long?

also does anyone remember what that project was called

Are you talking about Project Mogul? That was the project with the balloons.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join