It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The fact that most roll their eyes at most of this stuff is more the UFO communitys fault then the public in general.

How many on this very board will buy hook line and sinker ANYONE that claims to have been abducted story and scream bloody murder if you point out anything wrong with their story?

Till we police ourselves a little better and quit trying to back EVERY horse in the race we will be laughed at. We would be much better finding evidence to back the more plausable ones (Gazroks work on Roswell is a shining example). When we give every hoaxster, conman and mentaly unstable persons story the same creditability as we do Roswell and a few others then we have ourselves to blame.

That is what has kept me at this board rather than others, is we tend to have higher standards of proof then most.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Ok remember back on page 14 or something I said my local news was going to do a segment on UFO's, well they had two witnesses, and a skeptic (all local people) not the best stuff, mentioned a few sightings across Florida, and they had a video of a light (surfside sighting).

The funny thing was at the end of the segment and this I have to give credit to Jennings for is that the anchorman and woman actually spent a few minutes seriously discussing the possibility and how it can't just be dismissed
and then our weatherman even admitted that there are incidents that just can't be explained in any other way.

you see, this show did do some good, more people will be talking, asking questions, researching, etc..

Peter Jennings seriously needs to do an investigative report on Global Warming and Climate Change.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Dagnabit.......I missed it! Thursdays I work till 9 and I didn't want to come in, in the middle of it, it's pet peeve of mine. Wonder if it'll be re broadcast?

link   
i just want to get this off my chest...

in the show, they said the phoenix lights were "flares"...

how can "flares" be "lined up" perfectly like this:

www.cnn.com...

or

www.ufoindia.org...

link   
I am new to this site. I discovered it a few days ago while looking for information on tonight's show and couldn't wait to get on and see what you people thought of it. I registered tonight so I could tell you that I am disappointed by many of your comments. Maybe I am disappointed because I do not have the knowledge that you do regarding UFOs so you may feel cheated in some way. Personally I have watched many UFO shows in the past but have never seen so many credible witnesses. I think the show was done very professionally and actually gave the subject some important positive light.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gabbye
HEY!! Who were some of the sponsors??????????

Gabbye,
I agree with you. I don't know where the rest of you saw this, but I saw it on the east coast. Every commercial break had at least on "As Seen on TV" sponser. This makes me think 2 things....

1) Is this a fluff peice that couldn't get any real sponsers...Something to playcate(sp) Jennings?!?!?
2) Were advetisors scared off of this?!?!

Well it wasn't what I hoped...I atleast thought it was fair.,,,
BTW: This comes from somone who hate Jennings!!!

Could it have been better...HELL YEAH!!!...but for the average American, I think this show was great!! I believe that it at the very least got "Joe Public" THINKING!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I tivoed it so i wouldn't miss the OC, BUT

did you know that some smart disinfo agent keeps retitleing the same damn UFO program series... and re-releaseing it...

this particvular series (5 part, starts with aliens in the bible) also seems to focus on the most easily debunked UFO stories...
IMO it is a MOD to promote the easily laughable stories, while the few really good ones with "undebunked" photos, or good video, seem to not get very much air time...
is it production values, or censorship and disinformation?

but as to this program,
Peter Jennings covering it is better than a Rense story for credibility of the field, any day of the week...
one step for man, and a blah blah blahdeba...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules

HEY!! Who were some of the sponsors??????????

Gabbye,
I agree with you. I don't know where the rest of you saw this, but I saw it on the east coast. Every commercial break had at least on "As Seen on TV" sponser. This makes me think 2 things....

1) Is this a fluff peice that couldn't get any real sponsers...Something to playcate(sp) Jennings?!?!?
2) Were advetisors scared off of this?!?!

Yeah,

I noticed the advertiser thing, too. My guess is that companies thought the show would be laughed at and didn't want to touch it. What matters, though, is how many people tuned in. If the show did have mostly 'junk' sponsors... but it pulls in a better average than what 'Will and Grace' got... that can only be seen as a good omen for people who are interested in UFOs.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
CSRules, Thanks for the info. I guess your the only one that noticed what kind of sponsors there were for the show...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I understand your comment, and I respect it. I think I know what stories your talking about and I think it's obvious he wouldn't mention anything along those lines. But I would like to say Im looking forward to future shows in which this event will be tackled harder because of reasonable outcries for truth. That's why I feel we shouldn't give the show the credit your talking about.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Wheres the torrent? PM me please!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavitycr33p
Wheres the torrent? PM me please!

nah not this early...

i will u2u you a link when it is ready...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I like cake.

BREAK FOR HUMOR!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
nice break we needed that

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStar
I like cake.

BREAK FOR HUMOR!

this is ATS...

no BS posts...

maybe at BTS though...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh please....

All you had to do was listen to the tone of voice when Jennings said the word "ab duc shon..(abduction) He emphasized it as if to come across as very disbeleiving...

lol I noticed this too.. plus Jennings did that more than once.

To tell the truth, the show was good, One can not cover everything on the positive and negative aspects of UFO's in 2 hours. So what they diss Roswell, big deal.... Just explain to your mother and kids who Stanton Friedman is, I did lol

I'm sure the show sparked interest in UFO's to the new comers. That is a good thing at least....

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

CSRules, Thanks for the info. I guess your the only one that noticed what kind of sponsors there were for the show...

The advertisers is what bothered me most. I probably haven't been around as long as most of you, but considering this was a major network show...I THOUGH IT WAS MORE THAN FAIR. But when you take the advertisers into consideration...It makes me queation the networks belief in this show. It makes me want to think they thought of it as a puff peice/rattings grabber in sweeps month. Given more credible advertisers...I think this show woud have been GREAT! (Not what people here want to see, but something to make the GENERAL PUBLIC...THINK Although the members here didn't get what they wanted....The more the GENERAL PUBLIC queations this...THE BETTER IT IS FOR ALL OF US!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

this is ATS...

no BS posts...

maybe at BTS though...

Aaahh... Come on what is this Big Brother???

EDIT: BTW no BS posts? On ATS? Pfft... BUAHAHAHAHHAH!

[edit on 24-2-2005 by SilverStar]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Let me explain my position better:

When the show got to the Roswell segment I couldn't help but gasp and sigh at how quickly Jennings was dismissing the whole thing. I turned to my folks and told them about the Ramey telegraph and the like...

So I thought it had flaws...

Still, by the end of the show it was apparent that my folks -- who, again, know nothing about UFOs -- had learned a lot. They had a clear understanding of what was going on during the time that the 'Estimate of the Situation' report was written. They heard about Kenneth Arnold, Blue Book, the 1952 UFO wave... they had, by 9pm, heard about some major events in UFO research that are rarely touched even on places like ATS.

They had -- as extremely average people -- been given a decent historical summary of UFOlogy.

They, and the rest of America, had also been shown abductees who weren't wearing silver-foil hats. On the contrary, the abductees that ther were shown were believable, likeable, and sympathetic. Sure... they were given the 'sleep paralysis' solution to the abduction issue... but any decent report on UFOs would have to include that to be believable.

All in all, my guess is that most americans who watched this were introduced to a lot of new ideas tonight. They were also NOT told that abductions were a joke. Sure, Roswell was dismissed. Roswell, however, really isn't the core of UFO research.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sounded like it sucked. Knew it would.

Most of the UFO type shows I have seen always have idiots on them that seem to just try and obfuscate the whole thing like "weather baloons" "auroara borealis" and "military flares" when trying o debunk an eyewitness who saw something as big as a small city fly over their heads.

Doesnt make sense.

And videos can be faked, so unless I see it with my own eyes, get told by an official government source, or my friends or family show me a video or a story I wont beleive any side of it.

Dan Jennings or whoever is a waste of oxygen anyways. Most news types are. They are just too dumb to be interesting.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Ritual]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join