It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Golem
Well my first thoughts of the report is that no menchen was give to the Gov use of intimidation for cover up.

Well, I thought that there was some mention of government cover-up. It was mentioned a few times about how whenever there were reports of UFOs by citizens, that the government was quick to make excuses, and to do whatever they could to make the public forget about anything they may have seen.

It was mentioned that even the CIA was called in to figure out a way to discredit anything that the public may have seen, and find some other logical explanation for it.

The fact that the government has been anything but helpful, or even appear interested in all the reports, seems to me to point very strongly to the fact that they are aware of them, and do not want the public to be, for whatever reasons.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAVERlCK2
THIS SHOW IS A JOKE! THEY ARE MAKING BELIEVERS SOUND LIKE LUNATICS! AND THEY REALLY AREN\'T SHOWING THE GOOD EVIDENCE OF COVER UPS AND THE INTERVIEWS WITH MILITARY GUYS WHO HAVE SEEN UFOS.

NO ALL CAPS if you want to be taken seriously...

ok???

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I thought the special was a good introduction into the UFOlogy.

You have to understand that everyone in America is not like us. ATS is a specific community whose interest range from UFOs to NWO. We can't just go on the street and spark up a conversation about Dulce. The normal person would look at us like we are lunatics.

However, Peter Jennings gave the entire country a mainstream report on UFOs and Aliens.

This is good.

This report updates the entire country on what is really going on. Believe it or not, discussing UFOs is not going to be that taboo. All thanks to Peter Jennings.

I find it highly ignorant that people would try to bash a figure of the media for attempting to bring an alternative topic into the mainstream. Would you like UFOlogy to dwell in the depths of the underground?

Of course not.

So in conclusion, I would have to say that this report did for the UFO movement what...Roswell did for UFOlogy back in 1947.

Good job Peter Jennings.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
how can you not mention area 51 in a UFO / aliens show???

they did not mention area 51 once!?!?!?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
DR Greer should think about developing a new global TV channel:
"The Disclosure Channel"

I had hoped that this 2 hour (whatever it was) would have mentioned the Belgium UFO wave of 1990.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by evilution]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wow, I'm glad I live on the West Coast............ I was planning on watching this.......................

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I thought the special was a good introduction into the UFOlogy.

You have to understand that everyone in America is not like us. ATS is a specific community whose interest range from UFOs to NWO. We can't just go on the street and spark up a conversation about Dulce. The normal person would look at us like we are lunatics.

However, Peter Jennings gave the entire country a mainstream report on UFOs and Aliens.

This is good.

This report updates the entire country on what is really going on. Believe it or not, discussing UFOs is not going to be that taboo. All thanks to Peter Jennings.

I find it highly ignorant that people would try to bash a figure of the media for attempting to bring an alternative topic into the mainstream. Would you like UFOlogy to dwell in the depths of the underground?

Of course not.

So in conclusion, I would have to say that this report did for the UFO movement what...Roswell did for UFOlogy back in 1947.

Good job Peter Jennings.

FINALLY...

a member who enjoyed it

it WAS good for the UFO world but it COULD be better...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangermouse
Wow, I'm glad I live on the West Coast............ I was planning on watching this.......................

It's highly ignorant to not watch this report based on what a handful of people say about it. You should view it because you are interested, not because you are easily persuaded by the few.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I thought it was a pretty good show
. Skeptics pissed me off but I guess they deserved a spot in this as well. What I didnt like about the abductions part was that they didnt mention anything about implants. I wish this show was like 4 hours long and covered everything out there but I guess this is all we'll get for now. No doubt that millions watched this show and more are aware and believing. I cant help but think that all these aliens shows being on recently are leading up to something. Maybe aliens will show themselves soon. There was a nice show on SciFi today about ancient aliens and stuff like that in case any of you saw it. Forgot what it was called but the host of the show was that bald FBI guy from X Files.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here's my e-mail to Mr. Jennings...

To Whom it May Concern,

After your broadcast, I have completely lost faith in the journalistic integrity of both your station and your anchorman, Peter Jennings.

The lack of research evidenced in your Roswell portion of this program pales in comparison to the similar oversight that led to the resignation of CBS' anchor, Dan Rather.

To present such an unresearched, and unsupported version of events is indeed appalling by a major news organization.

While on The Daily Show with John Stewart, Mr. Jennings read what he called a "blog" (which was actually a post on a conspiracy forum, AboveTopSecret.com, posted by a member known as "Dr. Love", not a blog). Like many members of this forum, we indeed "dig deep", and research with a passion. A passion obviously not shared by your researchers....

At this point it is obvious that neither ABC, nor Mr. Jennings has any interest in reporting the truth in regards to UFO phenomenon, but for the sake of education and sharing of information, I'll provide some links to some facts and evidence for Roswell, as well as showing how the USAF explanation of Mogul and High Dive cannot be responsible for the events at Roswell. By all means, feel free to check the information and if not broadcasting the truth, at least you may know it for yourselves...

Part I can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part II can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part III, Section A can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Part III, Section B can be seen here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sincerely, a former viewer,
Gazrok

It was mentioned that even the CIA was called in to figure out a way to discredit anything that the public may have seen, and find some other logical explanation for it.

Yet they failed to mention it by name (i.e. the Condon Report) and claimed by none other than Edward Ruppelt, the man who led Project Bluebook!!!

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i honestly thought this show sucked... i waited for a whole month thinking something incredible would be shown or said on the show.. but they showed nothing new that i didnt know already... i learned alot more about ufos on this site alone that i never even thought about.. anyway i thought it would be better

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well, I still have to see the first hour, but just the portion on Roswell alone was pretty much even worse than many of us feared....(i.e. irresponsible reporting that ignored facts and witnesses). This was journalism at it's extreme worst, and at this moment, I'd put more faith in India Daily than anything coming out of Jennings' mouth.

I still think we should sue the bastard for not securing permission in using Dr. Love's post, per number 18 of the TOS, on The Daily Show, but hey, that's just me...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL as i figured!! Didn't watch the show (can't get it in Mexico but I don't watch ABC anyway) but I see 99.9% of ou are calling it CRAP... lololol One question. Who were the sponsors can you name a few?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think you guys were expecting too much from a major network, when's the last time you saw a ufo special on one of the big networks?

like I said I think it was fair representation made for the mainstream population. My mom even watched, just because it was Peter Jennings, normally she would never watch a show on ufo's. I think it was a good start, now maybe if people start writing in to the networks and asking for more, we'll have some progress, if not we always have the scifi channel

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm having trouble believing any of you can't see that the mainstream media is part of the nwo, and keeping us as a mass blinded as to what is real and what they think we NEED to know.
This show was produced only to take in more funds for what THEY need to continue to build the empire of world order. It's all about the money and mind controll. And it's sad but most of you fell for it.
There is little things in these shows that are part of something way bigger. Please wake up and realize...stay away from the networks, radio stations that are not independently owned and news sources outside ats...lol

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So what did everybody think of this show. Overall I wished that they had touched more on things that weren't common knowledge to most of us, but it is pretty cool to see it on Prime Time television. God Bless you sweeps week!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I think you guys were expecting too much from a major network, when's the last time you saw a ufo special on one of the big networks?

I wasn't expecting much at all, as I previously posted on this thread...(I even outlined it's eventual format...
)

What I WASN'T expecting at all, was a cursory dismissal of the single most important UFO event in history (as a "myth"), substantied by numerous witnesses, high ranking military officers, press releases, newspapers, paperwork, and just plain common sense.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The Myth!!!!!

This is an outrage. Its making beleivers look like absolute idiots.

I'm insulted at this narrowminded crap excuse of a presentation.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
HEY!! Who were some of the sponsors??????????

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ok, the special just ended about 20 minutes ago here on the U.S. east coast. Although, I am quite dissapointed (as I expected), I'm going to try my best to keep this post on the positive side.

First of all, I think a lot of the 2 hour special was interesting and well put together [technically]. I think it did a good job explaining the basics of Ufology to the ordinary public that may not be familiar with everything we here at ATS are familiar with on the subject. I also see the benefit in the CGI dipictions of the UFO cases. Most of the cases they talked about they did not have video footage of. And CGI video along with approvals from the eye witnesses of the cases would make the details of the UFO sighting easier to show. The CGI made it possible for them to show you as close as possible without actual video footage exactly what the witnesses remembered seeing. So that I thought was a good thing.

But that's where the positive aspects of the special end...

I think I was satisfied with the way it was going up until they got to Roswell. Holy CHRIST did they screw that up. As important as the Roswell incident is, you think they would have spent more time exploring all the possiblities. Instead they go with the USAF's "case closed" stance. Grrrr...at that point I wanted to throw something at the television. After nearly 30 years of researching all the evidence, that's all they can say about it?? They could have at least hinted at the fact that there is so much more to it...like the fact that Major Marcel knew what a Mogul balloon looked like and would not have mistaken it for something alien. Or what of the Ramey memo? And what of the bodies claimed by the USAF to be test dummies? I can only imagine what Stanton Friedman must have been thinking while watching this.

Gazrok, PLEASE email those uninformed fools at ABC your wonderfully detailed Roswell threads.

After that, the special seemed to go downhill and reminded me greatly of Jennings' JFK assassination special I unfortunately had to be exposed to a coupel of years ago.

But back to trying to stay positive, I can only hope this special will recieve a lot of positive feedback from the public and there will be more and even [better] UFO specials on mainstream news networks.

[edit on 24/2/05 by Meteor_of_War]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join