It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There was a short blurb on tv after The View that said,

"Seeing is believing" then on the screen it showed:

Peter Jennings Reporting:
UFO
Feb 24th.

I went to abc.com and couldn't find anything about the program, so keep your eyes open for more information.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, if it was on after 'The View', then it was probably seen by millions of housewives who probably didn't give a damn anyways.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
All i could find on it was this from a Yahoo Group on UFO's:

Date: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:34 pm
Subject: UFO tv special

ADVERTISEMENT

PETER JENNINGS REPORTING: UFO's: LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE - THURSDAY,
FEBRUARY 24 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) -- Each year there are thousands of
reports of unidentified flying objects, but the U.S. government
doesn't investgate any of them. This special program will seriously
examine the unexplained phenomena around the world that so many
people believe is proof of the existence of UFOs.

LINK

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Maybe we're getting closer to full disclosure than I originally thought. I didn't think any of the big 3 would touch this subject for years to come.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've been hearing that a lot lately, "maybe we are getting closer to contact/disclosure."

Yes, maybe.

But another theory for why there's been a lot of tv specials and documentaries on UFO's lately is because it's a very popular and entertaining topic. And it sells. Same can be said for sci-fi movies about aliens. It's just a popular and overall favorable subject matter, and i'm sure the production companies are aware of that. But i'm also not by any means ruling out the possibility that we are getting closer to disclosure.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Intriguing....and why so long a buildup? That's not exactly par for the course... And this is a TWO HOUR SPECIAL...

I wonder if it's a first step, such as confirming the Martian microbes in the meteor, etc.? Definitely one to set the VCR/Tivo for....

Very intriguing, to say the least...

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The truth will eventually come out, that Extraterrestrials created us.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
The truth will eventually come out, that Extraterrestrials created us.
Yes you are correct, and you will also learn that all of them are females. Lucky you!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Seems Mr. Jennings is no stranger to this....

www.ntskeptics.org...

The disclosure press conference comes on the heels of an April 23 ABC News Report by Peter Jennings, in which he very seriously introduced a story on "Making Contact With Alien Life" by asking what would we do if we were contacted by aliens and who would represent us.

Here's another citing of the special...part of sweeps week

www.thefutoncritic.com...

PETER JENNINGS REPORTING: UFO's: LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE - THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 24 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) -- Each year there are thousands of reports of unidentified flying objects, but the U.S. government doesn't investgate any of them. This special program will seriously examine the unexplained phenomena around the world that so many people believe is proof of the existence of UFOs.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hmmmnn...

This reminds me a lot of the supposed disclosure attempt linda moulton howe claims she was involved with during the 1970s. The air force, she claims, showed her footage of a UFO landing at Holloman AFB and asked her to work it into a disclosure documentary. At the last minute the clip was pulled... and no report ever aired on TV.

But this thing with Jennings....

Right now he is clearly the country's leading anchorman. Rather has been discredited and will soon retire. Brokaw has already retired. Jennings is all that is left of the 'big three' anchormen. So... for Jennings to do a report like this... DURING a huge war that generates a new story everyday... indicates that ABC really wants to take time out to look at this subject.

I really do have to wonder if disclosure WILL happen soon.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Maybe we're getting closer to full disclosure than I originally thought.

I would love to be as optimistic as you, but...well...being an eternal, card carrying pessimist that would go against what I signed up for. Besides, it is the government's little secrets we are talking about here. They would probably blow up the broadcasting towers first.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

This reminds me a lot of the supposed disclosure attempt linda moulton howe claims she was involved with during the 1970s. The air force, she claims, showed her footage of a UFO landing at Holloman AFB and asked her to work it into a disclosure documentary. At the last minute the clip was pulled... and no report ever aired on TV.

Cosmic Journey project. Do some research on the name Robert Emmenger, as the first kind of this project was allegedly attempted back in the late 40's/early 50's with Disney (who was making many propoganda cartoons and films for the army at the time)... You'll also note that Emmenger was involved with the 80's specials UFO CoverUp Live I and II...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Cosmic Journey project. Do some research on the name Robert Emmenger, as the first kind of this project was allegedly attempted back in the late 40's/early 50's with Disney (who was making many propoganda cartoons and films for the army at the time)...

Yes, yes... leave it to Gaz to jar my memory.

I think it's important to note that ABC is owned by the Disney company, which, as Gaz has pointed out, was involved in past attempts at making disclosure films.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Let me throw this out to the rest of you, then you can all call me crazy. A while back Peter Jennings did a special on the JFK asassination. He tried to convince us that LHO acted alone in the face of an overwhelming number of skeptics I might add. What if a deal was cut with ABC and Peter Jennings that if he did this JFK documentary for 'the shadow government' that still denies there was more than one gunman, then 'they' would let him be the first anchorman of the big 3 to start the disclosure process. It would be very tempting for him to want to be the focal point of the greatest revelation in the history of mankind.

OK, now you can let me have it.

Peace

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Dr Love]

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
dr love (cracks me up to type that by the way),
Rather is CBS, Jennings is ABC.

You sir, are crazy.

When this thread first started I spent some time trying to find info on it. I came across a bit on a museum in Seattle that had a picture of Jennings and his crew filming there. It was a bigfoot/ufo museum.

I also came across an Art Bell interview transcript. I didn't have time to read the whole thing so I don't know how Jennings fit in there but the interview was from a year or more ago and the last line, said by Bell, was "see you on ABC."

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sorry all, I typed Dan Rather instead of Peter Jennings. My mind is mush at the end of the day.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I think it's important to note that ABC is owned by the Disney company

Oddly enough, that didn't even occur to me...rather eerie point.

Now I'm remembering something about Peter Jennings and those old UFO CoverUp Live specials...it's right on the tip of my brain, so I'll have to check up on it...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Also notice that this is being aired DURING PRIME TIME, in the MIDDLE of SWEEPS WEEK. I think that if we are getting closer to disclosure, and this is part of it, it will occur within the decade. Maybe the next 5 years, lol!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Months ago Steven Greer of The Disclosure Project mentioned something about getting a program on ABC in February of 2005. Apparently that came true.

ABC's parent company Disney has had in its past a couple of odd UFO/ET related events. Like the strange brief airing of a promo at midnight in just a few cities for a new UFO themed Disney World attraction.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Uhoh,

That description of the Jenning's JFK report has now got me worried. What if the point of this special is to raise the stakes and debunk the UFO phenomena in primetime?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join