It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed by Multiple Officials: Obama Admin Was Spying On Trump, Politically

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: Gryphon66

I never said that so the jokes on you. However it is apparent that someone somewhere broke the law. According to the FBI, there are only 20 people with the capability of revealing or unmasking the names which is most likely not illegal. What is highly illegal is the wide dissemination of the unmasked information. I don't like either side as I believe they are all crooks.

Someone broke the law by leaking? Yes.

I don't believe they're all crooks; but I do believe that they're all sociopathic liars.

Only a sociopath wants to be authoritarian.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Exactly ! This is what the Left nor the Right can see. How could anyone not love Mrs. Clinton ? How could anyone not love Jeb, from the right. They don't get it but I am thinking that maybe some are beginning to see that maybe this two party BS is about to go by the way side.

In our future, I see Congress like our European friends, a multitude of different parties and someone being elected President and having to wade through the quagmire to build a consensus to actually accomplish anything. Could be good and could be awful...we shall see

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Susan Rice, in her first public comments on claims she sought to ‘unmask’ the names of Trump associates caught up in surveillance, acknowledged Tuesday that she asked for the identities of U.S. citizens in intelligence reports – but defended the requests as routine and denied leaking any Trump-related information. "I leaked nothing to nobody, and never have," the former Obama national security adviser told MSNBC. She said she never sought to unmask the names of Trump associates in intelligence reports "for any political purposes" or spying purposes. "This is not anything political as has been alleged," Rice said. "The allegation is that somehow Obama administration officials utilized intelligence for political purposes. That is absolutely false."

So now which story are we to believe? Today or March 22nd?

www.pbs.org...

JUDY WOODRUFF: In this morning’s Washington Post, some tough words for President Trump and his administration led the opinion pages. We spoke earlier this evening with former Obama White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice, the author of that piece. It was her first interview since leaving the White House. I began by asking about the allegations leveled today by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes that Trump transition officials, including the president, may have been swept up in surveillance of foreigners at the end of the Obama administration. SUSAN RICE, Former U.S. National Security Adviser: I know nothing about this. I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that count today.

Why would anyone expect more from a career unelected bureaucrat with a known history of problems with the truth?

Which story is to be believed?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Her statement was that she knew nothing about the unmasking that Mr. Nunes referred to.

Her statement today was that unmasking happens as part of her job, and the Secretary of State's and Defense etc.

What is so hard to understand that it's not the same thing?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
funny how both sides agree with unnamed sources as long as it goes with their bias..

teehee

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

bs

I know nothing about this. I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that count today.

usually the "i know nothing" works but she is so trashy she added the "surprised to see the reports"
she disavowed it all

keep defending the liar
you turn out to be nothing but partisan hot air

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Her statement was that she knew nothing about the unmasking that Mr. Nunes referred to.

Her statement today was that unmasking happens as part of her job, and the Secretary of State's and Defense etc.

What is so hard to understand that it's not the same thing?

She is a proven liar with zero credibility and no chance to ever get it back. Benghazi.

Obama held a personal grudge with Trump. Trump pursued Obama's birth certificate, giving Obama motive. Obama fell for the Trump trap and now Obama is ensnared by his own abuse of power of the office he held. Instead of destroying Trump, Trump's job of dismantling Obama's anti-American actions as POTUS will become easier.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
you all just watch.....when the russian conspiracy is fully discredited Trump haters will pivot to some other issue to rationalize their hatred with.

you know why?

people HATE to be wrong.

And...those who hate Trump are finding they are wrong OFTEN.

not easy on the psyche.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Watching the Rice video's we can see that this chick is a real d bag. And another Obama political prostitute.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Obama held a personal grudge with Trump.

I actually don't think this is it. I think they spied on the top 10 republican candidates (or maybe even all of them) to ensure Hillary would win. They rigged the primary for her, why wouldn't they try to give her every advantage they could in the general.

I'm beginning to think that this was the payment for having bill stump for Obama in 2012.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow this is such a source. What else is fake about this thread. This site is going down no facts no data, just lies. Unreal.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: anarkyangel

Source ad hominem's? You're right, it is going downhill fast.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

If Congress wasn't so busy making airline reservations, planning parties and Easter Dinner arrangements ahead of their 2 week vacation, we'd have some serious movement this week to get Rice scheduled for a grilling.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What's the point? I'm getting fed up with congressional investigations. They result in absolutely nothing but political pissing matches. Charge her and throw her in jail.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

What's the point? I'm getting fed up with congressional investigations. They result in absolutely nothing but political pissing matches. Charge her and throw her in jail.

I thought Jeff Sessions had a reputation for being a tough prosecutor who went right for the jugular. Instead he's ramping up some campaign to investigate the EPA? Whoop-tee-dooo.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yep. That's my biggest disappointment so far. It's still early, Sessions has only been in for about 7 weeks, but I haven't seen much coming from his appointment.
edit on 5-4-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
So the "just doing her job" excuse has been exposed as bs...
www.foxnews.com...

“From my direct experience dealing at this level, that is never done,” retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer told Fox News. Shaffer has experience in intelligence operations focused on foreign actors in which U.S. citizens’ involvement could surface. “The national security adviser person is a manager position, not an analyst position,” he said. “You have analysts in the intelligence community whose job is to sort through who is doing what with what. Susan Rice is a senior manager looking over the entire intelligence community. She should not have time to be unmasking individuals having conversations. It’s insane. It’s never done.”

Shaffer said a U.S. citizen’s interaction with a foreign target is not typically reason enough to unmask an American. “These techniques, technology and procedures are reserved for potential violations of U.S. laws,” he said, adding of Rice’s alleged actions: “It’s not only legally insufficient, it’s politically insane.”

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That was obvious to anyone with any semblance of an understanding of organizational structure and flow. She was never in a position to be requesting this. If she was requesting, it was an unusual circumstance. Now the question becomes: why was she unmasking team trump's domestic communications?
edit on 5-4-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
Seems so many folks have missed the "common denominator" in all this mess on both sides. Everyone goes through a background check by the FBI, before they have access to classified material EVERYONE. It seems to me that the focus should be on Comey and the FBI. Both the left and right seem to have been set up by the FBI. I don't care who you are in the Government, you do not get access to classified information until the FBI clears your background. Some folks can say "so and so lied on their background check" Yes that does Happen, but the background check is designed to catch that sort of thing.(in theory) I'm of the firm belief the FBI is the center of the entire mess. by design or failure in due diligence, I'm not sure, but Comey was hated by both sides at one time or another.

IMO Comey's smugness throughout is a sign.

That is incorrect.... the background checks are done by the agency that is hiring the person. The Office of Personal Management (OPM) handles a lot of the back ground checks...they even contract them out to third parties.

The FBI does NOT accept any other agencies clearances....When I transferred from the Dept of Defense to the FBI, even though I had just done my 5 year update and had a active TS/SCI clearance....they wouldn't accept it and I had to go through their process....took me 5 months and 3 days to get my FBI TS/SCI clearance....which was actually pretty quick....sometimes it takes people a year or more to get through the FBI process.

There is a high failure rate, at the time I went through it, on average only 3 out of 10 made it successfully. Most failures came from the full scope polygraph which is the last step.
edit on R022017-04-05T14:02:18-05:00k024Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I thought Jeff Sessions had a reputation for being a tough prosecutor who went right for the jugular. Instead he's ramping up some campaign to investigate the EPA? Whoop-tee-dooo.

That's because he recused himself from any investigation regarding any probe regarding the 2016 presidential campaign. Someone named Boente, an Obama nominee, is the deputy AG in charge of these particular investigations.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join