It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A choice, right now, between fear and love.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It's just fear vs love.

We all have the freedom to choose how we react in every situation that we're confronted with, those reactions will in turn create new situations which will have been directed by our previous choices. You dig?

Fear creates more fear, and love creates more love.

Do you react out of fear or love? If you have to justify your "love" with fear, then it's probably just fear.

I wish Bill Hicks was still here.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Someone told me once smoking cigarettes is an expression of fear.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I suppose you are working from the scientific finding of the "flight or fight" instincts (science doesn't like that term "instincts" much anymore).

Rose-colored glasses are fine in some shades of daylight. Love, in unadorned trappings is a wonderful feeling. It is a giving of self over to something or someone else (and can be literally self-destructive). Fear on the other is a mental condition of self-preservation (usually wisely, if unconsciously done).

A healthy mix of both applied rationally makes for a long life. It cannot be one or the other. Either side will get you killed (or used) equally. Most humans learn to manipulate them deftly enough to survive and to expire later of natural causes.

I

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Using a football metaphor:

You are either at the game watching from the stands, or you are on the field participating in the scrum, or you are not at the stadium.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Perceptions of love vary greatly. How do you perceive or define It? Maybe what some do out of love is just inconceivable to you.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

Some people are like mother Theresa with an overabundance of nurturing love available to to anyone around them who needs it. And then there are vampires out there sucking out ever drop of enthusiasm they can take from a person's soul.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lots of people scared to love someone other than themselves... hence the problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Gee, where'd they get their degree in psychiatry?

top topics

join