It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to you when you die

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I could write a rather long post on what I believe happens when you die or where you go... other than the decay of your vessel but lets leave it to a scholar... enjoy.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Originally posted by MotherMayEye
Gah...I hate that the guy in the first video tried to use her experience as evidence of "heaven" instead of evidence of consciousness without a functioning brain.

Yeah, I hated that part too…religion always tries to get it’s claws into peoples Near death experiences…as if it has the monopoly on what these things truly mean…

- JC

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Night Star!!!…

I’ve seen many of your posts around ATS but I think this is the first post of yours I’ve ever responded to…

Greetings…

Originally posted by Night Star
We are far more than just a physical body and it is my belief that when you die, you go on to something else.

I agree…but what makes you say that…experience or a belief etc…?

Btw – I’m not looking to debate or bash you here…just curious is all…

- JC

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Hi Joe! I have a pre-birth memory and as teenager, I had a very brief out of body experience. It sounds all woo woo and everything, but our conscience/spirit or whatever we wish to call it, existed before we got here and between the memory and the OOB experience, I discovered that we are far more than just our physical body. There is also compelling evidence from certain stories like the ones you and Buzzy brought forward that may give others hope that death is not an ending, but rather a new beginning.

We don't know everything of course, but perhaps those answers are not for us to have right now. Perhaps we will know more when we finally pass on and journey forward. In the meantime, we live and learn and share our love and light to make this human experience better for ourselves and others who may be struggling. Like a ripple affect, it can spread.

There is much that scientist know, but I stand by my statement that they don't know everything, none of us do.

edit on 5-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Have you heard of The Urantia Book? It has a very different take on our after life. Here are a couple links to papers dealing with our immediate after life. The book describes an intermediate existence we must pass through before becoming spirits. These transition worlds

Paper 47 - The Seven Mansion Worlds (www.urantia.org...)

Excerpt: "On the mansion worlds the resurrected mortal survivors resume their lives just where they left off when overtaken by death. When you go from Urantia to the first mansion world, you will notice considerable change, but if you had come from a more normal and progressive sphere of time, you would hardly notice the difference except for the fact that you were in possession of a different body; the tabernacle of flesh and blood has been left behind on the world of nativity."

Paper 48 - The Morontia Life (www.urantia.org...)

Excerpt: "THE Gods cannot — at least they do not — transform a creature of gross animal nature into a perfected spirit by some mysterious act of creative magic. When the Creators desire to produce perfect beings, they do so by direct and original creation, but they never undertake to convert animal-origin and material creatures into beings of perfection in a single step.

The morontia life, extending as it does over the various stages of the local universe career, is the only possible approach whereby material mortals could attain the threshold of the spirit world. What magic could death, the natural dissolution of the material body, hold that such a simple step should instantly transform the mortal and material mind into an immortal and perfected spirit? Such beliefs are but ignorant superstitions and pleasing fables."

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ive spent 20 years in a University Medical Center on midnight shifts in and out of the Burn Units, Survival Flight Decks and Trauma/Er Units.

A lot of odd things happens in the quiet times of night when life passes. My opinions are only based on my experiences...and I do believe life is transitory...a soul constantly in transition.

Thanks a lot for the bump!!

Best

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015 thank god there are no laws against typos ! "looking into the face God."

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I apologize for the long winded response however this is short in comparison to what the evidence is.What is equally ignorant to the “desert religions” belief in a heaven afterlife is reincarnation because it is more delusional belief.The abundant evidence of the vast majority of humans(or animals) not “learning” from their mistakes in past life’s is everywhere and the belief that a person unaware of mistakes made can be corrected by a reincarnated life is not logical or practical and most importantly not reasonable.

You have to be consciously aware of failure to correct it.If you die then wake up in a body with a mind that has minimal awareness and experience of it’s environment that is not conducive to learning from past mistakes it just sets the groundwork for a whole new set of mistakes to be learned from and the vicious cycle continues for infinity in futility regardless of the persons beliefs of their false enlightenment.

This is where the reincarnationalist rationalize their absurd(which means mathematically improbable) belief that they are more aware on their new lives when in fact they are even less aware because if a person believes in the implausible as fact they are not reasonable.

If there is a “life” after this life it cannot be known while living this life for the same reason if there is a God they cannot be known by observation or religious perception in this life.A rock does not “know” it exists because it is inorganic and even though conscious organic life is all around them.It is impossible to impart knowledge of it’s existence to a rock because it cannot even observe what is right in front of them.

Humans can only observe through their perception and then measure their observations which is the basis of science.That does not mean their observations are truth.The double slit experiment is completely unintuitive.It is evidence that matter exists as a particle or a wave depending on the observation and how it is measured.

Particle entanglement is evident that 2 particles of the same atom( a proton and an electron) can be entangled(interact simultaneously and congruently) even if they are separated by the the span of the universe.Of course this makes no logical sense yet the observation from these experiments(the most extensive in all of science) always proves the same thing.

It should be woefully obvious humans are not self aware.The best a human can do is observe and measure according to their perception and it is obvious human perception is minimal at best.Yes it has grown in proportion to what “was” known before the advent of more advanced observation however a good scientist knows they still still know almost nothing in comparison of what is to be known.

The true absurdity is the religious mind believe they can circumvent scientific logical reasonable observation and make their own religious beliefs observations void of factual perception and proclaim they “know” truth instead of just confessing/accepting the truth…they don’t know what they don’t know.

The reasonable observation is… if there is a life after this life, THIS life is more like a conception and not in the circle of life way where the inorganic is transformed into in organic without any awareness.

Science has observed how conception takes place in most known forms of life and the process is essentially the same…the seed.The core of the “big bang” theory is the bang/expansion was of a singularity…a seed that ALL matter is conceived from.Of course scientist cannot “know” because it was not directly observed and just like all science it is based on measuring with the highest odds of reasonable probability.

In other words on the basis of the highest level of observation of life everything that lives was conceived in a conception process.Therefore it makes reasonable sense that is what this “life” is also..a conception from a seed form of life to another form of life and the higher cannot stand without the lower.However the lower cannot observe the higher in the same way the higher can because the higher form of life experiences their existence directly.

This is the same phenomena that has already happened when every human that has ever existed was conceived from their fathers spermatozoon and their mothers egg.The spermatozoon did not “will” to be married (zygote) to the egg and consciously observe their transformation into a embryo then growth to be a fetus then when fully formed be born into this world outside of their mothers womb.

This ALL happened according to human nature with the bearer of life completely unaware of the mechanisms of the process it was experiencing.That is humans logical connection to this life and the next if there is one.

The religious concept of heaven is not reasonable nor is the religious belief(yes it it is religious) reincarnation.A person can believe whatever they want however that does not make it truth.It is more sensible to believe reasonable logical observations than skewered subjective perception of religious belief.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I assume:

Disconnect the entanglement to the body.
I assume a little bit of quarantine.
Then into the mirror.
Then a little bit of quarantine.
Then I am going home.

It seems 5% of humans now days have Out of Body during their lifetimes.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UB2120

Have you heard of The Urantia Book? It has a very different take on our after life.

I have.
I was introduced to it when I was 21. It has some great stuff in it. It shaped my spiritual view in a very noteworthy way.

So did Wicca, and Taoist buddhism. Also Indigenous North American traditions.
Druidism, paganism, whatever anyone wants to call it. It's all mixed in.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

This is where the reincarnationalist rationalize their absurd(which means mathematically improbable) belief that they are more aware on their new lives when in fact they are even less aware because if a person believes in the implausible as fact they are not reasonable.

Hmm.

Want to say I'm really surprised by this contribution.

It is in no way absurd to surmise/suggest that we are born with innate spiritual awareness...just like some kids are great at math, or music, or jumping jacks.....

yet all of them dream at night.

Tell me, rex, what do you think newborns and infants dream about?
There is no question that they dream. As do dogs and cats ---- and all humans....

What do babies dream about?

edit on 4/5/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

I'll put my hand up and say that I've died (temporarily obviously) From an overdose when I was 17

I remember leaving my body and looking down on the scene below in the hospital room I was in. I also remember being fearful that I was separated from my body. I begged God to let me go back, and somehow I did.

So, drawing my own experience I am lead to believe two things;

1) The essence of ourselves, ie our souls probably does live on after the flesh dies.
2) We are not alone. There is another realm out there that we cannot usually see or talk to.

I am right there with you, brother. I was clinically dead for 10 minutes almost 2 years ago. An 18 hour coma followed. Just...wow.

~ RangerX

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Would you not say it is time to actually find out before dying ?

What good is it to even wonder or care if you cannot know the answer here.

It is high time to rip the blinders off and challenge all these notions.

Especially the "Energy cannot be Destroyed" fallacy.....it is ridiculous to claim these things as fact, when this has not been established.

What makes us think we cannot find out the entire totalities of realities ? Even from this plane, they should all be visible, and yet some(thing) (ones) are desperate to stop us from ever asking or attempting to know.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Vector99

Even though it cannot be measured, I do believe consciousness is energy itself. Therefore it is something that can neither be created nor destroyed. Your life energy will not cease to exist, but rather be recycled into another form. What determines that form? Who knows. We are mere infants in the basic understanding of life, and the basic understanding of the universe in general.

Or there could be an actual heaven and hell.

The energy that keeps your brain working can actually be measured. And when you die that energy that your body is made of gets put back into the ground so that other forms of life can eat it and use that energy for itself.this is also a well known phenomenon. Nothing spooky about that.

Not true, it often goes anywhere but the ground.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
No one truly knows. People have beliefs based on religion, spirituality, dreams and other things.

There are some anecdotal stories from people. But that's about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There's a 50/50 chance of an afterlife. Either there is or isn't one. Better odds than winning the lotto or getting hit by lightning. So I hope there is at least something.

Whatever it may be would have to be universal in nature. Not a contemporary organized religion that came from one ancient tribe or another.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282
I apologize for the long winded response however this is short in comparison to what the evidence is.What is equally ignorant to the “desert religions” belief in a heaven afterlife is reincarnation because it is more delusional belief.The abundant evidence of the vast majority of humans(or animals) not “learning” from their mistakes in past life’s is everywhere and the belief that a person unaware of mistakes made can be corrected by a reincarnated life is not logical or practical and most importantly not reasonable.

You have to be consciously aware of failure to correct it.If you die then wake up in a body with a mind that has minimal awareness and experience of it’s environment that is not conducive to learning from past mistakes it just sets the groundwork for a whole new set of mistakes to be learned from and the vicious cycle continues for infinity in futility regardless of the persons beliefs of their false enlightenment.

If there is a “life” after this life it cannot be known while living this life for the same reason if there is a God they cannot be known by observation or religious perception in this life.A rock does not “know” it exists because it is inorganic and even though conscious organic life is all around them.It is impossible to impart knowledge of it’s existence to a rock because it cannot even observe what is right in front of them.

Humans can only observe through their perception and then measure their observations which is the basis of science.That does not mean their observations are truth.The double slit experiment is completely unintuitive.It is evidence that matter exists as a particle or a wave depending on the observation and how it is measured.

Particle entanglement is evident that 2 particles of the same atom( a proton and an electron) can be entangled(interact simultaneously and congruently) even if they are separated by the the span of the universe.Of course this makes no logical sense yet the observation from these experiments(the most extensive in all of science) always proves the same thing.

It should be woefully obvious humans are not self aware.The best a human can do is observe and measure according to their perception and it is obvious human perception is minimal at best.Yes it has grown in proportion to what “was” known before the advent of more advanced observation however a good scientist knows they still still know almost nothing in comparison of what is to be known.

The true absurdity is the religious mind believe they can circumvent scientific logical reasonable observation and make their own religious beliefs observations void of factual perception and proclaim they “know” truth instead of just confessing/accepting the truth…they don’t know what they don’t know.

The reasonable observation is… if there is a life after this life, THIS life is more like a conception and not in the circle of life way where the inorganic is transformed into in organic without any awareness.

Science has observed how conception takes place in most known forms of life and the process is essentially the same…the seed.The core of the “big bang” theory is the bang/expansion was of a singularity…a seed that ALL matter is conceived from.Of course scientist cannot “know” because it was not directly observed and just like all science it is based on measuring with the highest odds of reasonable probability.

In other words on the basis of the highest level of observation of life everything that lives was conceived in a conception process.Therefore it makes reasonable sense that is what this “life” is also..a conception from a seed form of life to another form of life and the higher cannot stand without the lower.However the lower cannot observe the higher in the same way the higher can because the higher form of life experiences their existence directly.

This is the same phenomena that has already happened when every human that has ever existed was conceived from their fathers spermatozoon and their mothers egg.The spermatozoon did not “will” to be married (zygote) to the egg and consciously observe their transformation into a embryo then growth to be a fetus then when fully formed be born into this world outside of their mothers womb.

This ALL happened according to human nature with the bearer of life completely unaware of the mechanisms of the process it was experiencing.That is humans logical connection to this life and the next if there is one.

The religious concept of heaven is not reasonable nor is the religious belief(yes it it is religious) reincarnation.A person can believe whatever they want however that does not make it truth.It is more sensible to believe reasonable logical observations than skewered subjective perception of religious belief.

Can you explain exactly how belief systems that aren't in line with your own aren't based on reasonable logical observations? How do you know that?

Also, what exactly makes you certain that your beliefs aren't skewered subjective perceptions?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The whole life after death question is probably the biggest question we ask our self in life. I do not think science and spirituality are mutually exclusive. There is no shortage of answers. Maybe there is an all powerful supreme being who put us here to test us in some way and we are simply in a sort of school room for 70 years to better our eternal selves or test ourselves. Or,if the universe oscillates between big bangs and big crunches and has been doing so for eternity, it stands to reason everything repeats IE all experiences possibilities of reality are repeated an infinite number of times. So some untold trillions of years from now, I may be again sitting at my computer typing this post out. The time between my death and that time will not be experienced as I wont be conscious to experience it, but many trillions of years from now another identical version of my mother may give birth to me, and I will be alive again, without ever having a memory of it having happened before. So by the same reasoning, trillions of years ago, there may have been a previous version of me typing this same message. Also between oscillations, you might reincarnate, except with slight differences, you might have blue eyes instead of green for example, or just be a different person with the same consciousness in a different body. The funny thing is we would never know it happened before an infinite number of times. Or maybe its all some extremely exotic computer simulation, which begs the question, if life is simulated, will there be a simulated afterlife? A simulated heaven? Simulated hell?

edit on 6-4-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

we all return to the one - god or whatever concept you assign to

I'd say you lose memory of your 3rd dimensional self

your thoughts and information gathererd feed back into the collective consciousness of the species

and you await reincarnation to continue the cycle of increasing complexity

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Any thoughts? I would love to hear someone quote scripture or talk about eternal damnation. By the way, how bad can eternal damnation be? It can't be worse than living in New Jersey.

The spirit stands in judgement as the soul dies. If the spirit is found unfit for salvation it is imprisoned in this earth in various manners. Some Christian sects believe in a limited punishment called purgatory and then a release to exist forever in the bundle of life (heaven). Others believe in many reincarnations till you get it right to live in heaven. Some others believe in conscious discomfort in hell till the end of creation and then being cast into ethereal non consuming fire of torment. And then there are some who believe that you are indeed cast into the ethereal lake of fire in an unconscious state called annihilation.

If you really want to know the truth of the Christian theology you need to read the literature of the first century synagogue of James which is the doctrine of Jesus. By this, along with some of the NT, you can then understand what the true original Christian liturgy teaches. But in lite of this you will have to decide which sect of the many denominations you want to understand. Just saying Christian is very vague and just using the NT is very vague anymore. Even the Muslims use some portions of the NT to make their points so you must study the first century Nazarene's of James to get the first and true picture of the afterlife in Christianity. Good luck and good hunting.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join