It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to you when you die

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: dfnj2015

Ill make it simple: Once this soul's-lifetime ends...it re-incarnates again to add or correct to the lessons learned this time around.

And so it continues...on and on...no matter the religious beliefs or no religious beliefs...until the soul perfects...which could be a 1,000 lifetimes or 2.
does the same process go on for cats, dogs birds, insects, grass, fungi, bacteria, so on and so on? Because we are made of the exact same things that those things are. We are literally related to all of those things.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Even though it cannot be measured, I do believe consciousness is energy itself. Therefore it is something that can neither be created nor destroyed. Your life energy will not cease to exist, but rather be recycled into another form. What determines that form? Who knows. We are mere infants in the basic understanding of life, and the basic understanding of the universe in general.

Or there could be an actual heaven and hell.

The energy that keeps your brain working can actually be measured. And when you die that energy that your body is made of gets put back into the ground so that other forms of life can eat it and use that energy for itself.this is also a well known phenomenon. Nothing spooky about that.

how can it be measured?
Uhmm. EKG. Surely you have been hooked up to one before. It is a very simple device that measures the electric signals in the body. There are other more specific machines that can measure actual brain function like an MRI. Doctors can also measure chemical levels in your body they know exactly what the physiological changes that occur leading up to death and into actual death.

Well EKG's typically measure the heart, but besides that, just because the electrical signals stop doesn't mean the electrons have left the body. Just means the activity has stopped.
Yeah electrons don't leave the body when you die

So the measurable thing still remains, just not in active motion then?

They are not measuring your electronics they are measuring the electrical impulses that are your brain function.

Electrons, not electronics. Electrons are what transmit neural signatures.
Sorry I'm using this stupid talk to text function on my phone. Editing is a necessity with this

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Woodcarver

You're the one who attacked me saying my "bull#" is based on "woo" so if anyone made me a victim it was you. But I don't play the victim card I was only responding to your post and the way you came at me.
I'm just stating the facts of your bull# is based on woo. If you have some proof to back up your claims, I will gladly retract my statement.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ya know, I'd be much more open to positivism if it didn't turn people into total assholes.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I still don't get it though, you are saying we can measure death by the shutdown of neural brain activity, which basically is the shutdown of the flow of electrons between neural receptors. Nothing is lost other than the activity, what are we measuring?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I think so...but thats just me.

After all...a seed grows into a tree, which grows old and falls down into the earth, and from that the cycles repeat.

I had some dying 100 year old rose bushes once...dead and dry and fallen over looking like twigs/w dead roots as well.......I nurched them from death and they bloomed again and again

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Kinda hard to prove something that can't be proven. Sounds like you have no respect for someone else's opinion.

Like I said, sorry if my opinion hurt your feelings or something. I can't really think of any other reason for such a rude response.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I still don't get it though, you are saying we can measure death by the shutdown of neural brain activity, which basically is the shutdown of the flow of electrons between neural receptors. Nothing is lost other than the activity, what are we measuring?
i'm saying we can measure the physiological functions of the body and the brain during the process of Death and up to actual death. Actual death occurs when all brain functions stop. But cellular decay can start before death from loss of oxygen and other molecules. Your brain is literally being damaged when it is deprived of oxygen. Which starts the process of your brain releasing hallucinogenic molecules. Your entire body is made up of electrons, in fact everything physical is made up of electrons.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Just for #s and giggles does anyone here have a college degree in a scientific field? My point is there are actual answers to these questions. If you guys are so interested in this field of study, wouldn't it be prudent to read up on actual scientific observations?
edit on 4-4-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The release of Dimethyltryptamine is also commonly associated with near death experiences, that's not news. It's simply a reaction to dying your brain does.
edit on 4-4-2017 by Vector99 because: oh, that's censored?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

I'll put my hand up and say that I've died (temporarily obviously) From an overdose when I was 17

I remember leaving my body and looking down on the scene below in the hospital room I was in. I also remember being fearful that I was separated from my body. I begged God to let me go back, and somehow I did.

So, drawing my own experience I am lead to believe two things;

1) The essence of ourselves, ie our souls probably does live on after the flesh dies.
2) We are not alone. There is another realm out there that we cannot usually see or talk to.
But you didn't actually die die. So you don't really know do you. What you did do was lose conscious and your heart stopped, so your brain had a temporary loss of oxygen. So what normally happens at that time is your brain starts getting you ready to die. It starts producing large amounts of a substance that i cannot mention on these forums. This molecule is a highly hallucinogenic substance. So basically, you were tripping, hallucinating. This is a very well documented medical condition.

This hallucinating condition is very interesting. I think if you do not immediately turn to the light and get absorbed into the mind of God, you turn away and through your near death hallucinating powers, which exist for eternity because during near-death you experience time as car-crash time which is infinitely slow, you are given the power of omnipotence via the hallucination experience. The mind, through the powers of hallucination , seems to have omnipotent powers. The mind can then play out every single experience preventing the mind from allowing itself to look into the face of God. At some point, the mind achieves of state of having no regrets and then finally decides to turn and face God to be absorbed. This way if having sex with two chicks was your hearts longing desire you get to have that experience before you have the ultimate experience of communing with God. Of course after communing with God, all other experiences will instantly become irrelevant.

edit on 4-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The release of '___' is also commonly associated with near death experiences, that's not news. It's simply a reaction to dying your brain does.
That is exactly what I'm saying.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: markosity1973

I'll put my hand up and say that I've died (temporarily obviously) From an overdose when I was 17

I remember leaving my body and looking down on the scene below in the hospital room I was in. I also remember being fearful that I was separated from my body. I begged God to let me go back, and somehow I did.

So, drawing my own experience I am lead to believe two things;

1) The essence of ourselves, ie our souls probably does live on after the flesh dies.
2) We are not alone. There is another realm out there that we cannot usually see or talk to.
But you didn't actually die die. So you don't really know do you. What you did do was lose conscious and your heart stopped, so your brain had a temporary loss of oxygen. So what normally happens at that time is your brain starts getting you ready to die. It starts producing large amounts of a substance that i cannot mention on these forums. This molecule is a highly hallucinogenic substance. So basically, you were tripping, hallucinating. This is a very well documented medical condition.

This hallucinating condition is very interesting. I think if you do not immediately turn to the light and get absorbed into the mind of God, you turn away and through your near death hallucinating powers, which exist for eternity because during near-death you experience time as car-crash time which is infinitely slow, you are immediately are given the power of omnipotence via the hallucination experience. The mind, through the powers of hallucination , seems to have omnipotent powers. The mind can then play out every single experience preventing the mind from allowing itself to look into the face of God. At some point, the mind achieves of state of having no regrets and then finally decides to turn and face God to be absorbed. This way if having sex with two chicks was your hearts longing desire you get to have that experience before you have the ultimate experience of communing with God. Of course after communing with God, all other experiences will instantly become irrelevant.

Why would you speculate so deeply about something that you have not given any scientific exploration to?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

But it get's released in almost all near death experiences. What measures death?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The release of '___' is also commonly associated with near death experiences, that's not news. It's simply a reaction to dying your brain does.

I thought what you were saying is because science can measure stuff our experiences during our death are .... I don't know what you are suggesting.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I thought what you were saying is because science can measure stuff our experiences during our death are .... I don't know what you are suggesting.
Well # I said it like five times in here I don't know why you wouldn't understand. We can measure the physiological changes of the body during life, leading up to death, and up to but not after the point of death.

link   

I'm lost too.

link   
"I'm not afraid of death I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen

edit on 4-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I'm lost too.
Do you know what the word physiological means? Did you actively seek out actual scientific explanations for things, or do you actively seek out woo explanations?
edit on 4-4-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

In what sense are you speaking?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join