It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to you when you die

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: Woodcarver

M'ehh, what makes you so sure that you are right anyway?

Don't be such a grinch.

That im right about what? I study and i read. This is pretty common knowledge. The Real question is how did you not know?

Reading about driving a car gives you absolutely no feeling of what it is like to sit behind the wheel and feel the acceleration, the sensation of changing gear, the feeling of the wheel, the effectiveness of it's brakes.

Just saying........

Rationalise away. To you it might just be a magnificent hallucination. To me it is a life changing experience. Until you've been behind the wheel of such an experience, you are just relying on dry texts to gain insight.
i'm not reading about driving a car I'm reading case studies from actual doctors who studied this stuff. These are scientific observations nothing I've said is conjecture. do you understand that your brain hallucinates when it is deprived of oxygen?are you familiar with the molecule that I cannot say the name of?
edit on 4-4-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)
hospice can tell within a few days of when someone is going to die, because everyone dies the same. Hallucinating.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

Isn't this the second time you've posted this same thread?

I don't think so. I've talked about it in other threads. But I did not devote a thread to the #4.

Are you in hurry? Sorry if my thread got in the way.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I don't think so. I've talked about it in other threads. But I did not devote a thread to the #4.

you're fine I just remember the same four questions being asked before recently. I'm happy to repeat myself, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If you want to know what happens after you die then you must look at what happened before you were born in my opinion. It's a never ending cycle of birth, death and rebirth. To see the light is to see what's in front of you right now. There is no awareness of being unconscious. Life is a continuous stream of light and information, death is an illusion.
edit on 4/4/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Even though it cannot be measured, I do believe consciousness is energy itself. Therefore it is something that can neither be created nor destroyed. Your life energy will not cease to exist, but rather be recycled into another form. What determines that form? Who knows. We are mere infants in the basic understanding of life, and the basic understanding of the universe in general.

Or there could be an actual heaven and hell.

The energy that keeps your brain working can actually be measured. And when you die that energy that your body is made of gets put back into the ground so that other forms of life can eat it and use that energy for itself.this is also a well known phenomenon. Nothing spooky about that.

how can it be measured?
Uhmm. EKG. Surely you have been hooked up to one before. It is a very simple device that measures the electric signals in the body. There are other more specific machines that can measure actual brain function like an MRI. Doctors can also measure chemical levels in your body they know exactly what the physiological changes that occur leading up to death and into actual death.

Well EKG's typically measure the heart, but besides that, just because the electrical signals stop doesn't mean the electrons have left the body. Just means the activity has stopped.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Even though it cannot be measured, I do believe consciousness is energy itself. Therefore it is something that can neither be created nor destroyed. Your life energy will not cease to exist, but rather be recycled into another form. What determines that form? Who knows. We are mere infants in the basic understanding of life, and the basic understanding of the universe in general.

The energy that keeps your brain working can actually be measured. And when you die that energy that your body is made of gets put back into the ground so that other forms of life can eat it and use that energy for itself.this is also a well known phenomenon. Nothing spooky about that.

You are measuring energy with energy. The existence of energy by itself is spooky enough. I think some claiming something is "well known" are just deluding themselves. We know very little about existence. Otherwise our theories would include explanations of experimental error.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I have experienced death many times, if you want to know what happens after you die then you must look at what happened before you were born. It's a never ending cycle of birth, death and rebirth. To see the light is to see what's in front of you right now. There is no awareness of being unconscious. Life is a continuous stream of light and information, death is an illusion.
This is the kind of bull# you get when people support #ing woo.

link   

I have experienced death many times, if you want to know what happens after you die then you must look at what happened before you were born. It's a never ending cycle of birth, death and rebirth. To see the light is to see what's in front of you right now. There is no awareness of being unconscious. Life is a continuous stream of light and information, death is an illusion.

Your argument is similar to one I read saying you never really die because being alive is a delusion.

link   

how can it be measured?
Uhmm. EKG. Surely you have been hooked up to one before. It is a very simple device that measures the electric signals in the body. There are other more specific machines that can measure actual brain function like an MRI. Doctors can also measure chemical levels in your body they know exactly what the physiological changes that occur leading up to death and into actual death.

Well EKG's typically measure the heart, but besides that, just because the electrical signals stop doesn't mean the electrons have left the body. Just means the activity has stopped.
Yeah electrons don't leave the body when you die

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

you're fine I just remember the same four questions being asked before recently. I'm happy to repeat myself, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

I guess when I am resonating on an idea I resonate.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Fact of the matter is : No One Really Knows. Not religions, not science, not some Guru on a mountaintop. You'll find out all too soon, so don't sweat it. Worry about what you can do to make Life better now.

Not everyone is as brave as you are. This is why people turn to religion to get an answer to question number four.

But say you took a break off from smashing your tools together, what do you think happens after you die or when you die.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Sorry my opinion offends you. I never said what I believe would be true to everyone or that it should be.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

You are measuring energy with energy. The existence of energy by itself is spooky enough. I think some claiming something is "well known" are just deluding themselves. We know very little about existence. Otherwise our theories would include explanations of experimental error.
How else would you measure electricity? the electricity that powers your lightbulb is the exact same type of energy that powers your brain. The physiological changes thatthe body goes through before and during death, are extremely well documented.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Ill make it simple: Once this soul's-lifetime ends...it re-incarnates again to add or correct to the lessons learned this time around.

And so it continues...on and on...no matter the religious beliefs or no religious beliefs...until the soul perfects...which could be a 1,000 lifetimes or 2.

link   

Sorry my opinion offends you. I never said what I believe would be true to everyone or that it should be.
I love how you jumped to your opinion offends me, it truly sets you up as the victim, I hope you get lots of pity. But actually ignorance should hurt.

link   

how can it be measured?

So the measurable thing still remains, just not in active motion then?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

how can it be measured?

They are not measuring your electrons they are measuring the electrical impulses that are your brain function. When your brain dies, and I mean actually dies, it is just like pulling the leads off of a battery. The flesh that actslike the wires in a machine, get damaged when oxygen is deprived.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You're the one who attacked me saying my "bull#" is based on "woo" so if anyone made me a victim it was you. But I don't play the victim card I was only responding to your post and the way you came at me.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

how can it be measured?

They are not measuring your electronics they are measuring the electrical impulses that are your brain function.

Electrons, not electronics. Electrons are what transmit neural signatures.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

Sorry mate, but getting all scientific about what happens hen we die soooo misses the mark.

Human beings are in kindergarten.

Therefore, anything we think we know has basically been drawn with crayons.

We know things from our experiences. We interpolate or intuit the rest. Some of our interpolations may be off the mark. But I have heard some religious disciplines argue everything we talk about is delusion. And our true selves and reality only exists outside of the mind. So its hard to say we are in kindergarten. I think each of us is an endpoint in a kaleidoscope of meaning. But the deepest understandings we can achieve do not come from the patterns we can identify. The deepest understandings come from the hints found at the edges of our experiences.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join