It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Senate OKs statewide immigrant sanctuary bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You realize that if you are attempting unconstitutional methods to force a state to obey the government, you are breaking the spirit of your intentions right? The ends don't justify the means. ESPECIALLY in regards to enforcing the constitution.

That's for a court to decide.

Only if your idea is implemented.

If a state is actively protecting people who are defrauding the government then the method they are using to commit fraud should be cut off.

Sanctuary city/state isn't a case of fraud.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, illegals getting benefits fraudulently is fraud, and then being protected by the state makes the state an active participant. So any program where illegals use that program for fraud and the state refuses to assist the government in enforcing immigration law, the state should be cut off from those programs.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Good thing a lot of them also end up paying taxes.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Which has what to do with anything? Does paying taxes mean we should not go after people committing other crimes? I am confused.

I pay taxes .. what crimes should I be allowed to get away with?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just trying to show you that things are bit more complicated than you are making them.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Just trying to show you that things are bit more complicated than you are making them.

They become less complicated when a State tries to usurp immigration and protects actual criminals.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

They become less complicated when a State tries to usurp immigration and protects actual criminals.

No. Things only become more complicated then. Rarely are situations EVER a simple decision to make.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Illegally paying taxes is a crime as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Globalist anti-Americans want a NAU (North American Union) instead of sovereign nations.

No borders, goes with that.

A Cloward-Piven scenario is also likely.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
well im not a republican, but id say hooray for state's rights, as californians we value our community more than laws that really dont affect anyone. Immigration rate has stopped and i think even reversed. as a state we choose to invest in our children even if their parents cant afford to be legal. hopefully the rest of the states will catch up some day. the only people ive seen complain about immigrants in real life are old white people.
edit on 5-4-2017 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
well im not a republican, but id say hooray for state's rights, as californians we value our community more than laws that really dont affect anyone. Immigration rate has stopped and i think even reversed. as a state we choose to invest in our children even if their parents cant afford to be legal. hopefully the rest of the states will catch up some day. the only people ive seen complain about immigrants in real life are old white people.

I LOVE how people who are illegal apologists call them "immigrants" as opposed to illegal aliens. My parents were immigrants. Legal immigrants. In California. You used a misnomer to make it sound like it's not a legal problem, threw in children for the sympathy factor, and then pulled out that well-worn sorry race card.

I was waiting for somebody like you to show up in this thread and use the same old arguments that politicians use. Invest in children? Give me a freaking BREAK. You forget I spent the majority of my life there, in southern, central, and northern California. Your arguments are specious and don't hold up under scrutiny.

How many illegals are working in dangerous conditions in farm fields, exposed to hazardous pesticides and develop cancer? How many illegals are showing up in emergency rooms, giving fake IDs, getting free care, and not paying? How many are from countries that are so anti-American that there is NO WAY they will ever assimilate? Believe me, there is no assimilation, as I witnessed in both California and Texas. They hate the US culture and they hate white people (so they say), but watch Univision and other Hispanic stations, and all their soap operas have nothing but white people speaking Spanish on them. Even native Hispanics are angry that illegals are coming in and making it harder for everybody.

Do you honestly think that illegals stay in California? That's only their entry point. It affects the entire country, so you can hooray for state's rights all you want, but when your irresponsible, delusional state causes trouble for my current state, that's a federal issue.

Approximately 17%, roughly two million, of undocumented immigrants are under the age of 18,[6] about 65 thousand graduate from high school each year, and only 5-10% of them continue to higher education.

en.wikipedia.org...

Shouldn't we invest in our own legal children first? Investing in illegals is a poor investment indeed. Enjoy living in a state that is fast becoming as much of a disaster as the third world countries the illegals want to get away from.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

illegal apologists lol i didnt call anyone illegal or legal i was just stating a fact. it seems you think your opinion is more valid than mine for some odd reason, in fact i didnt really give my opinion on anything other than the fact that most people that complain about mexicans is white people, which isn't even an opinion it's an observation.

so good luck arguing strawmen, either way this is what California is doing and we seem pretty happy, we should help all families and children, and im glad to see my great state continue to move in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yeah I'm not sure the government is too eager to jump to enforcing that one. Call it a hunch.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Mexico ceded all claims to California and most of Arizona and New Mexico with the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. The US paid in gold and blood for that territory and giving it away is an incredible show of disrespect for those who gave their lives in the Mexican war. The US stole the land? We gave much more for it than Spain ever did.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yeah I'm not sure the government is too eager to jump to enforcing that one. Call it a hunch.

Doesnt lessen the crime though does it? Its fraud.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I can see the headlines now: "Man arrested for paying taxes when he wasn't supposed to!"

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I can see the headlines now: "Man arrested for paying taxes when he wasn't supposed to!"

Well it turns out the IRS WHo works for the government will not report a illegal filer to homeland security or immigration. Wow just wow. Here a link to explain better.

Illegals filing taxes with no fear of deportation due to IRS collusion

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Come on. You can't be surprised by this? IRS isn't going to just turn away tax money because it was given to them illegally.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Come on. You can't be surprised by this? IRS isn't going to just turn away tax money because it was given to them illegally.

No im not suprised really. I just wish someone would hold them accountable for this. not the money but the collusion to commit fraud.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

From your source:

Regardless of citizenship status, the IRS requires everyone earning income in the United States to report it. There’s even a process for immigrants using fake social security numbers.

Nah. The IRS would rather ease the process instead.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join