It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Philly Bans White People From Its Meetings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Pigment Fights...

Got to be the dumbest thing to fight about.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Seems like the wave of racist sentiment is growing. By not enforcing their own rules FB is giving BLM a HUGE social/media outlet for this style of racism.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

True.

Some people don't understand that freedom takes effort. Sometimes it isn't nice, sometimes it isn't good.

But freedom is still better than the alternative.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

may

may suffer some sort of violence.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
**shrug**
Who cares. They are free to be racist assholes all they want. Same as the white racist assholes. Have at it... its your right. Its also the rest of our right to shun you and call it what it is. When they have the community leaders participating in this BS is when its a problem for the rest of us. No different than cops,judges,mayors, etc attending white racist or la raza meetings. I dont mind separatists, I mind assholes. I mind racists.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Couldnt agree more. Freedom is a slippery, tenuous thing...requiring effort, and affording opposition

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: introvert

Seems like the wave of racist sentiment is growing.

It has, but is not limited to BLM.

By not enforcing their own rules FB is giving BLM a HUGE social/media outlet for this style of racism.

That is their right as well, even if what you claim is true.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I believe a loose confederacy of city states may come closest ala ancient Greece, and infant USA may come closest.

Our Constitution allows for it if followed

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I fully support their right to have a black people only meeting, but they should really face the fact that not a single one of them were brought to the US as a slave, nor were their parents or even grandparents.

With that being said someone very close to me who is not black used to attend BLM meetings in a major US city. Some of the things discussed frequently were moving all of your money to black owned banks, doing business with only black owned businesses, supporting charities aimed at helping black people only, etc. From what I was told it was not about promoting racism and segregation but about uplifting the black community as a whole which is often neglected in the funding department. There was not talk of only befriending,dating or marrying other blacks- although they discussed how other BLM groups do insist upon such and that they felt this was wrong and hurtful on many levels.

I do wonder why this particular group insists on blacks only though as it seems suspicious in the same manner that the KKK insists on whites only at their meetings. Makes me wonder what they plan on discussing that they don't want people of other races to hear. Just saying what I know a lot of people are thinking, especially since we do know that some of the BLM groups are very obviously racist. Please remember though that all of the groups are not the same.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
BLM is being altruistic...

They don't want any white people getting hurt when the shooting starts.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
BLM is being altruistic...

They don't want any white people getting hurt when the shooting starts.

LMFAO!!!! I actually laughed out loud...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So how will they get funding now??
edit on 3-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I wonder what they'd do to a white person who could walk in a show on their family tree where they have ancestors who were part of the Diaspora?

Not every person of slave descent is black today.

They'd probably call it cultural appropriation lol.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Are they going to make women remove a full burka to prove their race and sex?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yet, another definition of insanity = Racist demanding racial equality. This is the mentality that keeps all of us on a slow train back to the stone-age.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Let me guess.
You really wanted to attend and now can't?

Let me guess.

You wished there was a way to justify or defend this overt racism but unable to form a legimate argument, you chose to lash out with a logical fallacy?
edit on 3-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

One liners are easier than a logic driven discussion.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I literally just went a month without hearing anything related to BLM!
Not only that I went that long able to at least pretend race relations are not the gutter.

Thanks for the reminder BLM!

edit on 3-4-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
without the support of the white social justice warriors BLM will fade away after accomplishing absolutely nothing.
they seem to be too stupid to realize that the reason they are labeled a minority is because there are far fewer of them than there are other people, far too few of them to make any meaningful changes if they insist on going it alone without support from the majority.
good riddance to BLM.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: jafo1973

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seasonal

If they want to have a private meeting, then they should be able to.

I may not agree with everything they believe but they have the same rights as anyone else.

If a white group refuses blacks they are racists. Why the double standard?

We all know why there is a double standard and while I agree they can bar whomever they wish from their meetings, now they have done so, they should be tossed in the same bin as the KKK.

Agreed. Sure, do whatever you want. Wonder why it's not all over the media, however.

Imagine this headline -

"White Lives Matter Philly Bans Black People From Its Meetings".

LOL woah, the whole country would trash talk that cause the KKK is not a good organization. The same should be said for BLM.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join