It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A joint Russia/USA blitzkrieg of Syria is in order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have never been pro war. I also did not want to see Trump in the white house. But the man is the POTUS and is also the Commander in Chief and therefore the leader of the free world.

With the recent rumors being spread about the next Cold War knocking at our door, I think it is now time for Trump to step up and do what I was reproaching him of doing. Become best friend with Russia.

With the terrorist attacks on St-Petersbourg this morning, I expect an HEAVY reaponse from Russia, If not the total annihilation of ISIS. This leads us to my reasonning.

1. An alliance is in order to keep face if Russia somehow manages to erradicate ISIS.

2. An alliance is in order so the US Army can be there to minimize innocent lives being lost when the Russian will set the sky ablaze.

3. An alliance is in order for both countries to become allies and put this cold war doom gloom away once and for all.

This is all based on the fact that there is no proof that Russia collided with TRump to interfere in the past elections.

This is an opportunity to get closer to an old ennemy and destroy our mutual ennemy in the present.

edit on 22017Mondaypm430Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:08:37 -0500America/Chicagov08 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 22017Mondaypm430Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:09:29 -0500America/Chicagov09 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

Altough the very Existence of both countries will never be at risk from ISIS, such isolated events will be more frequent as long as ISIS is permmited to exist.

edit on 22017Mondaypm430Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:11:05 -0500America/Chicagov11 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 22017Mondaypm430Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:27:30 -0500America/Chicagov27 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

edit on 22017Mondaypm430Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:28:32 -0500America/Chicagov28 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Nope. Never gonna happen. Not while the Democrats are out of power and using Russia as the new boogeyman.

Now as soon as they get back into power? They'll probably tell everyone that the 1980s called and want their foreign policy back, but until then, anything that might even look like we might have anything to advance our interests and Russia's at the same time in any way will be called collusion.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unfortunately what you are saying makes alot of sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

I also think a joint space project to get to Mars is a good cold war breaker.

Our 2 countries have a lot in common, peace loving people and war loving leaders (Corps).
edit on 3-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If we would have collaborated from day one instead of being at wars for who has the best rockets, Im pretty sure a man would be standing on Mars already.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Didn't JFK kinda want this, until he had the worlds worst head ache?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sept 20th 1963, New York

In a field where the United States and the Soviet Union have a special capacity - space - there is room for new cooperation, for further joint efforts."

-JFK

before the United Nations General Assembly

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Didn't JFK kinda want this, until he had the worlds worst head ache?

Yes, but lightning doesn't always strike twice and karma is a bitch.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I also think a joint space project to get to Mars is a good cold war breaker.

Our 2 countries have a lot in common, peace loving people and war loving leaders (Corps).

Settling space as a joint mission instead of a race makes sense. A collaborative effort shares cost and resources, both raw, technical, and expertise related.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If the USA and Russian governments could set aside perceived differences and work together the world would be a much safer place.

Posters talking about the space race etc... are spot on the human race could achieve so much as a whole but we let power and greed get in the way or should i say politicians and mega Corps let power and greed get in the way.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Wonder if the US and Russian population would trust each other? I know the leader won't.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

The initial efforts to get into and established in space should be joint. We're going to need to cooperate to get there. Once there and up and running, surely there would be enough for everyone.

Think of the benefits: asteroids for minerals, comets for ice, the moons of the gas giants with chemicals ... more than we could us in many, many generations.

And that's before you consider all of the scientific breakthroughs such an endeavor would have to bring. Look at all that came out of the moon shots. A Mars rush should fuel a similar leap.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The initial efforts to get into and established in space should be joint. We're going to need to cooperate to get there. Once there and up and running, surely there would be enough for everyone.

Think of the benefits: asteroids for minerals, comets for ice, the moons of the gas giants with chemicals ... more than we could us in many, many generations.

And that's before you consider all of the scientific breakthroughs such an endeavor would have to bring. Look at all that came out of the moon shots. A Mars rush should fuel a similar leap.

All i can say to this is
its a shame we commoners don't have the power to implement these common sense ideas.

I fear it may take another big possibly world war to finally wake enough people up and get everyone working for a common goal though.

As you say space mining alone would make it worth working together.
edit on 3-4-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Made me smile, I imagined a human species colonizing ressources on titan, water on Europa, terraforming mars, lowering temperatures on venus ...ah its good to dream.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So wait, we need to go all in on Syria because Russia is about to? Did you happen to go to Iraq or Afghanistan over the last decade and a half?
edit on 3-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I know its a bit hollywoodish to say but I doubt humans would ever unite under one banner unless a threat from outter space would materialize.

Best thing an advance alien civilization could do to help us is bomb earth for a few weeks with their weakest weapons, kill a few millions then leave for us to unite and work together for the next wave.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Isis is getting cornered and desperate. Check mate is in order with an alliance with Russia yes thats what I am saying.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

I know its a bit hollywoodish to say but I doubt humans would ever unite under one banner unless a threat from outter space would materialize.

Best thing an advance alien civilization could do to help us is bomb earth for a few weeks with their weakest weapons, kill a few millions then leave for us to unite and work together for the next wave.

As far out there as this is i can only agree, a common enemy for all of Mankind may very well be the only thing to unite us, how sad is that

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So I take you weren't in Iraq and Afghanistan when Alqeada and Saddam's royal guard splintered, fell into the woodwork, and then reemerged to plant ieds throughout the countries and other nasty stuff.

Me. I'm all for letting Russia make that mistake this time, but I DON'T want to repeat it myself. I was in Iraq in 05 and that # isn't fun or useful for our wellbeing.
edit on 3-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

If we would have collaborated from day one instead of being at wars for who has the best rockets, Im pretty sure a man would be standing on Mars already.

Nope.

The climax of the space age was during the cold war, its sad to say but without war we would still be ploughing fields. Lets not forget Germany developed the V1 & V2 as an offensive weapond during WW2, then their best and brightest fell under paper clip and started NASA.

So its fair to say we are closer to putting a man on Mars because of war.

For an example after the Cold War we have pretty much been stuck in low Earth orbit.
edit on 3-4-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join