It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point do we accept we've lost?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran
Who wants to miss the Get Out of Jail Free card that Jesus gives everyone ?

Only those that think they shouldn't be predestined for jail.

Jesus needs a pair of shoes and a shave, maybe then I'll listen to him.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
To all those like myself who like to use the term TPTB.

If you believe in TPTB then we have lost.

We live in a Walmart world where the rich get richer.
I see no reason why politics should run by different principles however I'm constantly wrong so I look forward to being told so.

But just like McDonalds has won the fast food war, have TPTB won the real war?

Is it over?

It's never over. The point we're in now is like the misery before the revolution or the uprising or the revolt or the "Arab Spring" When enough people get sick of it, we'll rise up and win.

Also keep in mind that an individual can do amazing things. One person can make a huge difference in many ways.

So with that in mind, it's only over when you personally give up. I'm never giving up.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

wow! He lost alot of hair in a couple years. At least he can be honest when he says he is an idiot.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What really matters is where your spirit goes when your host body fails to function.Who wants to miss the Get Out of Jail Free card that Jesus gives everyone ? Those who choose the Mammon will get reincarnated into another peasant meat-suit to go through the same test again and again and again ?

There are those, including Marx, who would suggest believing that sort of thing is part of TPTB conspiracy and keeps you oppressed. You stoically put up with your current state of affairs because you think you're going somewhere else (if you're good and don't rock the boat too much.) And, for the record, Marx's idea of a solution is worse than the problem.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Are they fat tho?

I haven't watched MTV lately and I looked up google images of Adele... All headshots so you may have a point.
As for Megan?

The fact you call her fat just shows what TPTB are capable of.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Also keep in mind that an individual can do amazing things. One person can make a huge difference in many ways.

Absolutely, Hitler was one of them.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

And, for the record, Marx's idea of a solution is worse than the problem.

What is your solution, then?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You should keep your eye on the ball.. Do not get distracted by news which make you think ..or feel everything is lost. Do not forget that the ultimate power lies with the people. People like you and I and everybody else who is concerned with the future of our children on this planet. The main problem is to make people awake..to release them from the vice which is blinding them.

You as an idividual must work if something should change... you should not rely on others will do the work for you...do not buy products from "shady" companies, you can teach your children that owning the newest Nike sneakers are not the most important thing...ect,ect..

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And so was Gandhi.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

And so was Gandhi.

So it's a draw?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Jesus does not need ANYTHING, it is you who needs him!! Just my opinion of coarse, and I am entitled to it!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Jesus does not need ANYTHING, it is you who needs him!! Just my opinion of coarse, and I am entitled to it!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I addressed that in my previous posts in this thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Are we at war? Funny, but my government never told me I am to be conscripted?

Please do not speak for me. I am not at war with anyone as it stands.

As far as survival goes I live as long as I want to . If I decide to die before my body does it for me I will do so and I will still not think I have lost.

There are small battles in life that I have won and lost. I accept my defeats like a man and try to learn from them.

What are you at war against, OP?

I'm living in my little cottage by the sea. Ain't got much money, but I'm free. I have a lovely music studio. Just made a cool Deep House track. Most professional I have made to date thanks to wicked new state of the art software. I am at war with getting better at my music and beating myself; trying to get better at what I do each day. That's my war.

I am not vain or feel important enough to take the weight of the world on, that somehow I know how to make it right. I'd be a liar if I said I did have the magic answer.

I'm living a damage limitation exercise where I try to be as gentle on the earth and resources as I can. I know how clumsy us humans can be and the messes we make.

edit on 3-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

It's just that my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Would you be unduly bothered to copy and paste a link to your earlier post that explains why Marx's idea was disastrous?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Firstly, there are many who are still conscripted.

Secondly you are vain enough to think you can impact the world.

Thirdly, I'm not at war. It's over.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sure. We are all human and all capable of immense good or immense evil as you and I demonstrated. In the end though, it is all about how YOU personally use that opportunity.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Would you be unduly bothered to copy and paste a link to your earlier post that explains why Marx's idea was disastrous?

Soviet Union and all the oppression and killing there for political motives.

Same in China.

Same in North Korea.

Same In Cuba.

In Ethiopia the Marxists ruined the country totally. They killed my favourite King.

Wherever they have attempted to put Marxism in practice it has been a human disaster. They always had to use terrible oppression to keep it in place.

I hate communism. Marxist was a lunatic who makes Jim Jones look like Fairy Godmother, frankly. Marxism has slaughtered millions and deprived them of their freedom for their entire lives.

George Orwell hated it so much he wrote "Animal Farm" and "1984" to warn us about it.

Read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich":

en.wikipedia.org...

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich (Russian: Оди́н день Ива́на Дени́совича Odin den' Ivana Denisovicha pronounced [ɐˈdʲin ˈdʲenʲ ɪˈvanə dʲɪˈnʲisəvʲɪtɕə]) is a novel written by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, first published in November 1962 in the Soviet literary magazine Novy Mir (New World).[1] The story is set in a Soviet labor camp in the 1950s and describes a single day of ordinary prisoner Ivan Denisovich Shukhov. The book's publication was an extraordinary event in Soviet literary history since never before had an account of Stalinist repression been openly distributed. Novy Mir editor Aleksandr Tvardovsky wrote a short introduction for the issue entitled "Instead of a Foreword" to prepare the journal's readers for what they were about to experience.

Gulag

The Gulag (Russian: ГУЛАГ, tr. GULAG; IPA: [ɡʊˈlak] ( listen); acronym of Главное управление лагерей, Glavnoye Upravleniye LAGerej, lit. 'Main Camp Administration') was the government agency that administered and controlled the Soviet forced-labor camp system during Joseph Stalin's rule from the 1930s up until the 1950s. The term is also commonly used to reference any forced-labor camp in the Soviet Union.[1][2] The camps housed a wide range of convicts, from petty criminals to political prisoners. Large numbers were convicted by simplified procedures, such as NKVD troikas (secret police) and other instruments of extrajudicial punishment. The Gulag is recognized as a major instrument of political repression in the Soviet Union.

Mass killings under Communist regimes

Mass killings occurred under some Communist regimes during the twentieth century. Estimates of the death toll vary widely, depending on the methodology used. Scholarship focuses on the causes of mass killings in single societies, though some claims of common causes for mass killings have been made. Some higher estimates of mass killings include not only mass murders or executions that took place during the elimination of political opponents, civil wars, terror campaigns, and land reforms, but also lives lost due to war, famine, disease, and exhaustion in labor camps. There are scholars who believe that government policies and mistakes in management contributed to these calamities, and, based on that conclusion combine all these deaths under the categories "mass killings", democide, politicide, "classicide", or loosely defined genocide. According to these scholars, the total death toll of the mass killings defined in this way amounts to many tens of millions; however, the validity of this approach is questioned by other scholars. In his summary of the estimates in the Black Book of Communism, Martin Malia suggested a death toll of between 85 and 100 million people.[1]

"Four legs good, two legs bad"!

edit on 3-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Sure. We are all human and all capable of immense good or immense evil as you and I demonstrated. In the end though, it is all about how YOU personally use that opportunity.

Perhaps, but I think it's more about how "they" use that opportunity.

And "they" are smarter and better equipped than I.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join